2009.09.16 Presser~ 5 pm EST

Ok, he answered 2 of the 3 questions I had but one of his answers tipped my hinky meter.

(1) He was the only person served with search warrants. That's the answer to one of my questions.

(2) They handcuffed him to "preserve fingernail evidence" - what? After 7 days and 12 hours now you are concerned about HIS fingernails?

Hinky meter is off the charts here...

But the one question I have left is did anyone else volunteer DNA?

RC has to be fuming, and I think the Chief took great joy, in his being described as a lowel-level cage-cleaner. I was led to believe from earlier posts in general discussion that the position was a bit more important.

Wasn't it reported he had an office in the same building as Annie's? Why would a custodian/cage cleaner have an office?

Cheif stated RC did no Electrical Maintainence. to me it means his fingerprints have no right being near electrical equiptment. ie behind walls and where electrical cables are.

Says notebooks in her hands in video footage
QUOTE]

Oh, darn. I guess we won't be starting white dog, cat or monkey threads.

Seriously, thanks for typing the PC for those of us without TV's.

Wasn't it reported he had an office in the same building as Annie's? Why would a custodian/cage cleaner have an office?

Maybe it was not a real "office", just a small room for the cleaning supplies for cleaning up after the mice.

They handcuffed him to "preserve fingernail evidence" - what? After 7 days and 12 hours now you are concerned about HIS fingernails?

I thought the same thing! If he IS the killer, then surely he spent the last few days busily scrubbing away evidence?

That's what I've been wondering too!

If you type his name in the yale directory, he comes up. It lists his "office" as the same building as Annie Le's office. Don't know if he has a real office where he does paperwork etc, but maybe it is the office he checks in and out at or reports to his boss. Not sure. But under Office Address it lists the same address as the sterling building.

LE has 250 pieces of evidence. I think there's a good chance of matching his DNA to the murder, if it is indeed him.

I thought the same thing! If he IS the killer, then surely he spent the last few days busily scrubbing away evidence?

Me too! I hope his fingernails weren't trimmed and scrubbed to the nubs.

Thinking about the job position that RC has, it reminded me of an old job of mine. I was a vet "assistant". Which was an, at least at my job, a fancy name for a janitor/basic animal care. I had to keep the office clean but it was also my job to feed the animals, walk the dogs, clean the kennels, etc. Also, I had to keep detailed charts on how the animals were feeling and note any issues (such as loose stool, pale tongue, fatigue, itching, etc). I could see RC having some sort of office if his job was similar to mine.

If this is the type of job that he has/had, I hope this helps people understand what his job is.

When I was at Yale, all the staff in my lab had "office" numbers that were the main line to my lab. I believe that they just use whatever contact number is put on hiring paperwork for people when they create the phonebook. If he was a staff member in Annie's lab, they might both have numbers listed for the lab itself. Lots of grad students don't have their own offices and just work in their advisor's lab, or give their advisor's lab as the contact number where they can be reached because that's where they are most of the time.

I still stand by the first message I ever posted here, which is also the reason I signed up.

I believe Annie went to Amistad briefly and I believe she was supposed to be in Bennett's 10:30 AM class, which ended at 12 noon. It was a TA job and and a paid one to boot. She didn't show up, which is exactly why Bennett sent an email "around noon" that Annie didn't show up for work.

She is carrying notebooks which make sense. IF the news stories of the emails from Clark are true, she was likely carrying her mouse notebooks and the "rules" on protocol. This would explain the binder and slim book underneath.

She was killed between 10:10 AM (the time she entered) and 12:40 PM (the time Clark exited).

That is a very long time period. I don't even want to think about what could happen in that long period. And IF it is true that he entered Amistad AFTER she did, it suggests to me that his feeble mind thought that because he came in later and because they don't have to swipe to exit, that would make a "BIG" difference.

I still stand by the first message I ever posted here, which is also the reason I signed up.

I believe Annie went to Amistad briefly and I believe she was supposed to be in Bennett's 10:30 AM class, which ended at 12 noon. It was a TA job and and a paid one to boot. She didn't show up, which is exactly why Bennett sent an email "around noon" that Annie didn't show up for work.

She is carrying notebooks which make sense. IF the news stories of the emails from Clark are true, she was likely carrying her mouse notebooks and the "rules" on protocol. This would explain the binder and slim book underneath.

Esqgerl, Do you know or remember what building the class was in? If she thought she wouldn't have time to go back to her office in between, she could have been carrying class materials with her (i.e., handouts, lecture notes, etc.) if she was the TA. Would make sense to have it open if she was interrupted during her prep time because she wouldn't have wanted to lose her place. (I always prepped during that last half hour before class, especially if I was going to do anything hands-on, and most academics I know do the same).

During the presser, the Chief was asked why they had to handcuff RC last night while taking him to the station. I missed his answer, but just now on HLN, a panel member was asked that by MG, and he said that they probably cuffed him, so as not to touch anything, as his "hands were evidence". I guess that meant they knew they were going to scrape the fingernails and such, wanting to not add any more foreign evidence from his hands. Hope that makes sense!

She was killed between 10:10 AM (the time she entered) and 12:40 PM (the time Clark exited).

That is a very long time period. I don't even want to think about what could happen in that long period. And IF it is true that he entered Amistad AFTER she did, it suggests to me that his feeble mind thought that because he came in later and because they don't have to swipe to exit, that would make a "BIG" difference.

glad you signed up, esqgerl. good post too! welcome to ws.

Esqgerl, Do you know or remember what building the class was in? If she thought she wouldn't have time to go back to her office in between, she could have been carrying class materials with her (i.e., handouts, lecture notes, etc.) if she was the TA. Would make sense to have it open if she was interrupted during her prep time because she wouldn't have wanted to loose her place. (I always prepped during that last half hour before class, especially if I was going to do anything hands-on, and most academics I know do the same).

Oh gosh Skigirl, Dr. Bennett's class was posted a long time ago. If my memory serves me, and sometimes it does not, it was in the Sterling Bdlg at 10:30 and ends at 12 noon. That's one of the reasons I think she was a TA for him, not for some "afternoon" class that we only heard of 1 time with nothing more.

Completely agree.

I hurried up to logon and say that I believe I've actually scared myself enough to maybe go back to college earlier than next spring...maybe I'll start sitting in on autopsies with my local county ME. If, and this is a very big if, I've been correct in all of my hunches thus far, and even had the embarassing nerve to document it all on here, maybe it's something I should look into as a career path...after all these years! Please don't anyone make fun of me for stating that...:) One more thing, I have a few other names, just in case it's not this poi...doesn't mean it's any of them, but nice to have anyway.

That's great, go for it!!!!

when asked if they knew where JH was at this time he said he had no idea

(thought... doesn't sound like she is one of the several other people that LE is following/keeping tabs on at all times)

same thing i thought...but what if he had no idea where jh was but his understudies do? just speculating. i got the impression she's not being watched.

I was right there standing beside you (in your theories) because those were my thoughts all along.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back