2009.10.02 dateline friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disturbed by Rupf's apparent excuses for the lack of investigative abilities by the sheriff in 06. He accredited this miscarriage of justice to the deputy working an overtime shift. What, exactly, was he trying to imply? That the sheriff was tired from working a long shift and, therefore, had no obligation to fulfill his DUTY to protect and serve? I think he should have to pay the taxpayers of this county back because he didn't complete the job he was paid, by them, to do. I wouldn't get paid if I didn't complete my duties, why should he? I'm sorry, but being UNable to complete your duties because you're working an overtime shift, is NO excuse for a person that is paid by us, to protect us. How does this doofus still even have a job?:waitasec:

Rupf and Sheriff: FAIL!

This is how many of the citizens here feel and LE is defending the actions of their own with vengeance! It's creating a noticeable conflict between ordinary citizens and local LE.

This is how many of the citizens here feel and LE is defending the actions of their own with vengeance! It's creating a noticeable conflict between ordinary citizens and local LE.

GOOD FOR ANTIOCH CITIZENS!! Don't keep quiet, fear not and SPEAK OUT! The "ordinary" citizens of this county have had an injustice commited against them, too. It's highly improbable that this is an isolated incident and we, everybody, deserve better of our paid officials! PERIOD.

I thought Dateline did an incredible job. This case is full of details from the past 30+ years and the program was very accurate given the current information available.

Yes it had a lot of details for someone who hasn't followed the case. For me there was very little new information.

Yes it had a lot of details for someone who hasn't followed the case. For me there was very little new information.

Yeah, I agree. It was nice to have it put together like they did, but I was hoping for at least a few details that we didn't already have. The only tidbit was that PG became "super religious" in 2006, according to his acquaintances.

I was disturbed by Rupf's apparent excuses for the lack of investigative abilities by the deputy in 06. He accredited this miscarriage of justice to the deputy working an overtime shift. What, exactly, was he trying to imply? That the deputy was tired from working a long shift and, therefore, had no obligation to fulfill his DUTY to protect and serve? I think he should have to pay the taxpayers of this county back because he didn't complete the job he was paid, by them, to do. I wouldn't get paid if I didn't complete my duties, why should he? I'm sorry, but being UNable to complete your duties because you're working an overtime shift, is NO excuse for a person that is paid by us, to protect us. How does this doofus still even have a job?:waitasec: Completely unacceptable IMO.

Deputy and Sheriff Rupf: FAIL!

Any agency sadly can make errors. After all they are operated by humans and humans are not perfect. But Rupf did something important. In order to change or correct errors, some things have to happen first. First they have to investigate, identify problems, recognize guilt and then work to change them. Rupf at least appears to have admitted the error and investigated the problem. And he apoliged. That is a big step for a public offical, and especially an elected offical. Since he has taken the bigger steps of admitting guilt, apparently investigated the problem. That gives me some hope that he will work to change the problem.

However the DOC released PG early. Have you seen any apology from them, any indication of an investigation? How about parole? They not only haven't admitted any culpability, they haven't apologized and not only don't appear to be investigating, they are withholding info and praising the very officers who knew his history and made regular visits to him over the years. Anybody have any confidence that they are working to correct problems? I don't. DOC will continue to parole early even violent offenders, and parole will continue to close their eyes when they make home visits..... if they actually make the home visits. And offenders will continue to do what they do best.

So Rupf, what happened with him was small time when you look at the big picture.

I found it interesting that when he got paroled, 3 people voted yes, 2 voted no. I would really like to hear from these people and hear why they voted yes! Imo they should have to face the public and explain their actions.

VB

I found it interesting that when he got paroled, 3 people voted yes, 2 voted no. I would really like to hear from these people and hear why they voted yes! Imo they should have to face the public and explain their actions.

VB

depends on factors.........there political leanings, or believing in his con game are the most plausible ones

I was disturbed by Rupf's apparent excuses for the lack of investigative abilities by the deputy in 06. He accredited this miscarriage of justice to the deputy working an overtime shift. What, exactly, was he trying to imply? That the deputy was tired from working a long shift and, therefore, had no obligation to fulfill his DUTY to protect and serve? I think he should have to pay the taxpayers of this county back because he didn't complete the job he was paid, by them, to do. I wouldn't get paid if I didn't complete my duties, why should he? I'm sorry, but being UNable to complete your duties because you're working an overtime shift, is NO excuse for a person that is paid by us, to protect us. How does this doofus still even have a job?:waitasec: Completely unacceptable IMO.

Deputy and Sheriff Rupf: FAIL!

this is typical though tizzle.
whenever its an epic or massive fail on the part of law enforcement, they are always 'overworked" or 'understaffed" "underpaid" 'ran out of doughnuts' ect.
and of course rupf is gonna cover for his own, if he admits they really messed up, he makes hismelf liable

this is typical though tizzle.
whenever its an epic or massive fail on the part of law enforcement, they are always 'overworked" or 'understaffed" "underpaid" 'ran out of doughnuts' ect.
and of course rupf is gonna cover for his own, if he admits they really messed up, he makes hismelf liable

But unfortunately it is true though. If you want better policing and longer prison terms, then be prepared to pay more taxes to finance it. However, people don't want to do THAT, they somehow think that magically the tooth fairy will take care of it.

LE is human just like the rest of us, and sometimes mistakes will be made. It is my observation that most people are not very good at their jobs, and that likely includes you. It never ceases to amaze me that people somehow think that government officials are going to be somehow different, especially when those jobs are not particularly well paid. If you want to attract the best and the brightest, and have them be all bright eyed and bushy tailed, expect to pay them. A LOT.

But of course, people don't want to do that, they would rather just complain and blame.

But unfortunately it is true though. If you want better policing and longer prison terms, then be prepared to pay more taxes to finance it. However, people don't want to do THAT, they somehow think that magically the tooth fairy will take care of it.

LE is human just like the rest of us, and sometimes mistakes will be made. It is my observation that most people are not very good at their jobs, and that likely includes you. It never ceases to amaze me that people somehow think that government officials are going to be somehow different, especially when those jobs are not particularly well paid. If you want to attract the best and the brightest, and have them be all bright eyed and bushy tailed, expect to pay them. A LOT.

But of course, people don't want to do that, they would rather just complain and blame.

1) when i do my job poorly, no one's life is at stake.
2) when normal people do there job poorly people dont lose there lives........when police fail cause there just damn lazy or stupid people get killed or people lose years of there lives to an abductor. maybe tax payer money should go to get more effective officers......

Okay!

Top Ten Sheriff's Office salaries

Rupf Warren E Sheriff-Coroner $219,902

Glasser III Elmer A Deputy Sheriff-40 Hour $176,472

Tackett Albert E Sergeant $172,272

Hartman Robert W Sergeant $169,533

Daly Scott P Commander $168,231

Malone Matt P Sergeant $165,065

Yates Sean G Sergeant $164,342

Billeci Jeffrey J Sergeant $163,070

Mariner Daniel M Sergeant $161,934

Ryan Kevin C Commander $159,959

Casten Michael V Commander $159,954

The only link I have is the forum to which this was posted and I have not verified the accuracy. It is, however, public record.

Okay!

The only link I have is the forum to which this was posted and I have not verified the accuracy. It is, however, public record.

how can they survive without welfare?

Terry Probyn's attorney said that Terry wanted to focus on advocating for change in the parole system and moving forward.

I hope this group can help in that cause.

Terry Probyn's attorney said that Terry wanted to focus on advocating for change in the parole system and moving forward.

I hope this group can help in that cause.

i dont want anyone to go thru what jayee has gone thru again. but then again, with all the missing kids still out there, it's possible its going on somewhwerele as we speak.
i do agree the parole system needs to be changed. i also think the way the fbi handled this case from day one was an absolute disaster.......they focused soley on carl probyn and didnt deviate from it. what do they pay criminal profilers for?

Any agency sadly can make errors. After all they are operated by humans and humans are not perfect. But Rupf did something important. In order to change or correct errors, some things have to happen first. First they have to investigate, identify problems, recognize guilt and then work to change them. Rupf at least appears to have admitted the error and investigated the problem. And he apoliged. That is a big step for a public offical, and especially an elected offical. Since he has taken the bigger steps of admitting guilt, apparently investigated the problem. That gives me some hope that he will work to change the problem.

However the DOC released PG early. Have you seen any apology from them, any indication of an investigation? How about parole? They not only haven't admitted any culpability, they haven't apologized and not only don't appear to be investigating, they are withholding info and praising the very officers who knew his history and made regular visits to him over the years. Anybody have any confidence that they are working to correct problems? I don't. DOC will continue to parole early even violent offenders, and parole will continue to close their eyes when they make home visits..... if they actually make the home visits. And offenders will continue to do what they do best.

So Rupf, what happened with him was small time when you look at the big picture.

Totally agree, but I'm standing by my statement...

Rupf and Deputy: FAIL!

I will add to the list....

PO's and DOC : TRIPLE FAIL!

Total FAILURE all around. Great for him that he apologized, you're right, the other agencies IRresponsible won't even accept any kind of responsibility for their doofuses, much less, apologize for them. For that, I commend him. But, IMO if Rupf were giving the appearance that "he will work to change the problem", he would have started by placing this deputy on leave W/O PAY, immediately, if for nothing else but to set an example for other LAZY deputies. Instead, he announced that he would be retiring soon. Same goes for the Federal DOC, Nevada DOC, CDCR and on and on and on...
Absolutely despicable. WE pay THEM to protect us, not to apologize to us.

Totally agree, but I'm standing by my statement...

Rupf and Deputy: FAIL!

I will add to the list....

PO's and DOC : TRIPLE FAIL!

Total FAILURE all around. Great for him that he apologized, you're right, the other agencies IRresponsible won't even accept any kind of responsibility for their doofuses, much less, apologize for them. For that, I commend him. But, IMO if Rupf were giving the appearance that "he will work to change the problem", he would have started by placing this deputy on leave W/O PAY, immediately, if for nothing else but to set an example for other LAZY deputies. Instead, he announced that he would be retiring soon. Same goes for the Federal DOC, Nevada DOC, CDCR and on and on and on...
Absolutely despicable. WE pay THEM to protect us, not to apologize to us.

gotta ask again why im the only one that questions how incompetent the fbi was in all this.......18 years.....all they ever did was blame carl and call terry on jaycee's birthday. what a crock

VB
Unfortunately, I think they're dead, old coots!

Okay!

Those are the managers though, not the folk who actually do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288