2009.10.02 LKB & JB On Today Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WS :)
Quote Respect Mendara

Thank you for posting the questions my mind is too confused right now to remember.

Re: "the DNA being explained away as Casey being her mother." Yes! This has been a bee running in my mind but I could not spit it out as a thought. As a juror I would not be convinced either way about Casey's DNA being found on/or near Caylee. The duct tape...yeah. If there had been a clear print on the other side of the tape and it was Casey's-I would be very compelled toward "Casey killed Caylee." I wonder why Casey's fingerprints weren't found on the duct tape?

I have said it before, I would have to hear Casey testify if I were a juror on this case before I would be able to give my vote. So I am hoping with you that Casey does take the stand. If I were innocent I sure would take the stand.

Also. I am not a mother. I have to give some kind of extra lee-way to Casey, young mothers/mothers in general because of not being a mother. Those of you who have been or are young mothers...is there any lee-way that "she was a young mother?" Can the responsibility drive a girl crazy? Can it be too much?

TIA

:cow:

Chiquita- ITA with you that I would expect Casey's DNA found on or with Caylee, If she has been found earlier. I suspect if you ran tests on any one of my children, you would find my DNA all over them right now. I hug, kiss, and hold my kids, everyday. I'm certain any number of my hairs would be found on them as well, I wash their laundry and mine together. I think the reason they couldn't find any on Caylee was because she sat out there in those woods for so long. :angel:

Also, to answer you about young motherhood...
I was 23 and a mama to a 4 yd old, a 2 yr old, and a newborn. I never felt like the responsibility was " too much" for me to handle. Of course, I had moments of absolute exhaustion, and some of frustration, ever try to reason with a 2 yr old? Even when I went through the loss of my newborn baby boy, I was never unable to function as a mother to the other two. I had plenty of horribly dark days, but I lived and breathed for my remaining children and their happiness. I can only say I'd never make it through the voire dire in this case as a juror, because I am incapable of understanding how a mother, young or otherwise, could harm her child. If casey wants to peddle the "I'm innocent" routine, I do believe she will need to take the stand in her own defense...I'm just not certain I would be able to stomach watching it.

Two questions:

1) Did she cut Caylee any slack?

2) Was she not aware of adoption availability? She had been made that offer more than once.

Quote Respect Brini :)

ITA Yes. I come back to my senses with posts such as this. I remember that being Caylee's mother should have made her more protective of Caylee, not drive her to harm her. And as far as any mother that can admit, that her children have made her have to give herself a "time out"- can I say thank you. You are the mothers I knew were out there. Hope are out there. No one is perfect and when people such as Cindy A try to say that she and Casey were "perfect" mothers...I question. :snooty:

I would say that mothers like Cindy and Casey do not have the strength(?)whatever is missing to take that step and be extra self-less enough to know when they have "had enough" and do what is needed to correct that. Is that ignorance or laziness? Do some women have a stronger "motherly" instinct? I think some men have more of a mothering instinct than some women. Maybe some women just did not and do not want their children any more, but society says that is taboo...still no reason/excuse to hurt their children, as far as people like us think. But, I am maybe beginning to understand that they do not think that way?...Obviously they don't?

With Cindy and Casey...was this a momentary thing? No, I think it was and is the whole way they approached being "mothers." I have a lot of deep feelings about this, of course-its part of what you ask yourself about a case like this, part of what I am trying to understand how mothers of all people can hurt their children-and should we continue to call them mothers for the sake of our own sanity? It gets confusing.

Cindy is blown away by Casey and knows she could never kill her child/grandchild in the traditional sense-she likes to slowly drain the life from those she "loves." Casey works quicker than that, plus Cindy draws her energy from those she "loves" and Casey gets her energy from the next "big thing."

:cow:

ETA: To stay ot...this interview today with Casey's lawyers might lead a person to believe or question thinking that Casey was a "bad mom" that what she did was the same "stupid things" "everybody does." And, their spin gives me a spin that I wanted to iron out, their tactics almost kind of work...for a minute. Scary to admit. Sorry to admit.

Yes, that was interesting because I thought the foreign dna that was discussed in the discovery was traced back to the forensic investigator and this was documented in the latest discovery. So I naturally started to wonder if there was more foreign dna collected and not accounted for.

There was. There are 2 dna samples. One belongs to the fbi lab tech, the other they dont know.

Yep! If they had an exonerating truth, KC would be out on the streets as I type this.
Yeah...how come they never did ask for a reduction in bail? Is that not allowed for a Murder 1 charge?

I can't imagine how any forensics would be found on/around the body/skeleton after total decomposition and 6 months of lying in a bug-infested swampland. So how can the case be anything but circumstantial? Does forensic evidence HAVE to exist in order to prove a murder? Or is this just LKB's way of trying to inject reasonable doubt.

Heck, forensic evidence DID exist with OJ and the defense twisted that away...even though all circumstances pointed to him doing the murders. So, if I guess my point is, is that if more forensic evidence existed in this case, LKB's job, then, would be to refute/taint it and twist it like OJ's lawyers did.

Forensic evidence DOES exist. Caylee's dead DNA in KC's trunk.

Motive-method-opportunity:

We think we have motive. But that's not critical to the court case. We'll never have method, because Dr. G could only narrow it down to "homicide"

But, the only person who had opportunity was KC. Unless she gave Caylee to someone else. Then, she could tell LE whom.

OPPS! I forgot. She can't. There IS no "someone else."

They've got the baby's dead DNA in KC's trunk, honey!

Most murderers are convicted on a LOT less than that!

They do? Thats new to me and I know this case very well. Quote that link please

oh come on guys, you know the smell in the car was from old pizza and gym shoes!! and in the pics of casey partying you can CLEARLY see her looking around fusian for Caylee. i mean, come on, isn't it obvious she was upset and missing Caylee?

:crazy:

Yep!! KC's a real Mata Hari!!
collageCaseytheVictim_yaright.jpg

“I am a woman who enjoys herself very much; sometimes I lose, sometimes I win.” Mata Hari quote

I can't imagine how any forensics would be found on/around the body/skeleton after total decomposition and 6 months of lying in a bug-infested swampland. So how can the case be anything but circumstantial? Does forensic evidence HAVE to exist in order to prove a murder? Or is this just LKB's way of trying to inject reasonable doubt.

Heck, forensic evidence DID exist with OJ and the defense twisted that away...even though all circumstances pointed to him doing the murders. So, if I guess my point is, is that if more forensic evidence existed in this case, LKB's job, then, would be to refute/taint it and twist it like OJ's lawyers did.

-------------
You are right.Think about S.P..IMO there was less evidence on that case.The water would have washed away the fingerprints,one of the men said that, may have been Wecht.There (to my knowledge) has been no report on the maggots found in the trunk.Keep hoping!

Yeah I could talk about oj all day. Whether you for the defense or not, you have to admint that Barry Scheck tore apart that evidence. He did not twist it, he showed the truth. Those techs were wiping sweat off thier forehead before they would collect a swatch. It was shameful. The state met thier match on that case. Maybe here too. I wouldn't be selling these defense lawyers down the river, thats exactly the way they want you to think.

There was. There are 2 dna samples. One belongs to the fbi lab tech, the other they dont know.
Can you please provide the link...I've been searching for it...somehow I thought they had traced it to someone else who had custody of the evidence prior to the FBI?

I think between the statements made this morning and Ca's continued search for Caylee, we are seeing the first signs of reasonable doubt to prevent the jury from handing down the DP. It would be hard for a jury to hand down the DP if there is the slightest chance Caylee might be alive. The defense is trying to get that "what if..." thought out there.

But they have the remains. Not just a hair sample. The have the actual remains. The remains have been examined by the defense experts as well as the coronoer. They have been positively identified. Does anyone here honestly think that LKB's celebrity patholigist husband is going to risk his lucrative cable tv news gravy train by arguing something so patently absurd as it isn't Caylee? Granted Dr. Lee might try it, but at this point his credibility is sooo suspect that he is easy to shoot down.

Also I would love to see how the defense would even begin to broach this at this late date after the family had the remains cremated?

Wow. local media is RIPPING the defense today after their national shows this morning.

WESH 2 at 4 PM says, basically, "Well Jose, what about the trunk evidence?"

WFTV has a "bombshell" at 5 PM. They pored over old case footage and discovered some of the Henkel duct tape being used to hang Caylee posters on July 20, 2008! Nice!

Not up on their website yet.

Hair in trunk (Q 12.1) was from a dead person with the same mitochondrial DNA as Casey Anthony, which runs in the female line of a family. http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530294.pdf p. 8. As Casey said, "well, I'm alive"...and Lee's alive, and Cindy's alive, and SP (grandma)'s alive...and really the only person who would have that mDNA who is not alive and became not-alive anytime recently is Caylee.

The hair in the trunk (Q12.1) was also microscopically similar to the hair in Caylee's hairbrush. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18740657/detail.html p. 29

The hair in the trunk (Q12.1) was also microscopically similar to the hair attached to Caylee's head when her body was found (Q59). http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3743-3801redacted.pdf p. 55.

The Q59 hair also had the same mDNA as Casey. http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3743-3801redacted.pdf p. 41.

Wow. local media is RIPPING the defense today after their national shows this morning.

WESH 2 at 4 PM says, basically, "Well Jose, what about the trunk evidence?"

WFTV has a "bombshell" at 5 PM. They pored over old case footage and discovered some of the Henkel duct tape being used to hang Caylee posters on July 20, 2008! Nice!

Not up on their website yet.

THANK YOU!!! A long time ago I posted about them using the Henkel tape to hang posters. Can't remember if I couldn't find the video again - I think I had it but couldn't get a clear enough look. Can't wait to hear what the locals are saying - the only national press the defense got on it's lastest try were spots they likely set up themselves -

THANK YOU!!! A long time ago I posted about them using the Henkel tape to hang posters. Can't remember if I couldn't find the video again - I think I had it but couldn't get a clear enough look. Can't wait to hear what the locals are saying - the only national press the defense got on it's lastest try were spots they likely set up themselves -

I seem to recall a little bit of discussion about the poster hanging. That was you? Good work Tiki!

Yeah I could talk about oj all day. Whether you for the defense or not, you have to admint that Barry Scheck tore apart that evidence. He did not twist it, he showed the truth. Those techs were wiping sweat off thier forehead before they would collect a swatch. It was shameful. The state met thier match on that case. Maybe here too. I wouldn't be selling these defense lawyers down the river, thats exactly the way they want you to think.
Stupid is as stupid does. You're right JB is just a boy genius. And isn't it just "the best" when criminals get off scot free because humans are imperfect, and money buys the ultimate bs? LE has a long memory...where is OJ now?

I seem to recall a little bit of discussion about the poster hanging. That was you? Good work Tiki!

I remember that too. I don't recall who brought it up but it was a great thought! I don't think we were able to find any pics of posters hung with duct tape. I could be wrong. I'm gonna try to find the original discussion...probably one of the Duct Tape threads.

ETA:
It was, in fact, TIKI!!! That was great sleuthing!:woohoo:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79908&page=23

Duct Tape Thread (#2, I think) discussion begins with post #533 (Tiki's post) There are several pics of posters, some appear to have silver colored tape. I don't really recall if we got anywhere with the discussion but it's certainly worth looking at again! I'm off to read...

Then you must remember this all started with the 911 call when Cindy screamed "my grandaughter's missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" No truer words were spoken.

I remember that too. I don't recall who brought it up but it was a great thought! I don't think we were able to find any pics of posters hung with duct tape. I could be wrong. I'm gonna try to find the original discussion...probably one of the Duct Tape threads.

WFTV took their footage and blew up and enhanced some pix.

Stories up now, but not the video. Kathi did a live report that showed some better pix.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21185313/detail.html#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member