2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

A poster mentioned today that they had tried it and it would not stick (sorry I do not remember who it was) but I know I can't have wet hands and attempt to apply it to something ....it's not sticky enough if it gets wet and I have only experienced that it will stick to itself but nothing else.....I haven't tried to put it in my own hair btw
Thanks for your answer. Surely the DA is trying to suggest that Caylee drowned and that the duct tape was placed on her afterwards (for what possible reason I cannot fathom)...Nonetheless, if she was wet, could the duct tape have been applied in a manner that would adhere so well that it would still be attached to her hair six months later? This is a real stretch. Maybe they're suggesting that she drowned, was wet, and GA blow dried her hair before applying the duct tape?

moo

Hi everyone. So, I've heard this Rodriguez guy is going to testify about the duct tape -- Basically saying that there is no way to know where the tape was originally, considering the outdoor conditions, water, etc. To me, this is sounding somewhat plausible. Could the tape have been moved around by the water, animals, etc? I need someone to talk some sense into me. Tell me what the proof is that where the tape was found (over mouth & nose) is where it was all along. Pretty please?

Hi everyone. So, I've heard this Rodriguez guy is going to testify about the duct tape -- Basically saying that there is no way to know where the tape was originally, considering the outdoor conditions, water, etc. To me, this is sounding somewhat plausible. Could the tape have been moved around by the water, animals, etc? I need someone to talk some sense into me. Tell me what the proof is that where the tape was found (over mouth & nose) is where it was all along. Pretty please?

I think the fact that it wasn't ordinary duct tape says a lot. This specific tape was strong stuff!

ETA~ Now snap out of it!:floorlaugh:

It's Friday and I may be more nuts than usual after my evening cocktail - but if you look at image 3 here http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html - not the up close version but at the bottom row, I think you can see a heart outline on the bottom left of that image... or is it me??
Someone who examined it testified that her tests destroyed the image, but it is noted in her report.

Someone who examined it testified that her tests destroyed the image, but it is noted in her report.

Yes, I see it as well. Top left corner.

Are they talking about the same numbered strip of tape?

Yes, I see it as well. Top left corner.

Are they talking about the same numbered strip of tape?

I see it, too, but it was described as "the perfect shape of a heart" and the one I see on #3 image appears lop-sided. Plus, it just looks like wrinkles on the tape, rather than residue. The FBI lab employee said the heart shape was obliterated after further testing and I see no reason to disbelieve her. JMO.

I think the fact that it wasn't ordinary duct tape says a lot. This specific tape was strong stuff!

ETA~ Now snap out of it!:floorlaugh:

cloud9 - Thank you, dear! I'm trying hard to 'snap out of it', trust me! :floorlaugh:

Well, this thread must be bumped tonight.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Fool-Proof Suffocation, ya know?

Does anyone know if the photos of the tape were ever pushed through a photo processing program? We can't see the heart shape anymore but the human eye is only capable of seeing a small fraction of color, etc. I'm wondering if any special filtering was used to find that shape of the sticker. I don't remember reading anywhere about using this approach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back