2009.12.18 Deputy Richard Cain Interview and more

I didn't know he still had a job. Are you sure he still works for Le?

at the time it came to light they gave him a desk job. I'm figuring it's a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. They need to have him on their side, saying he didn't look. Not for the defense saying nothing was there.

I thought the cop who had it goin on with KC-quit and this cop in the woods got fired.

Backwards, KC's friend the cop was still on probation and got fired for lying to a superior, during an on going investigation.

cop who talked to Kronk got put on a desk.

Maybe you're confusing someone with Jesse who "quit" but left under circumstances that have not been explained. And his mother was blogging that week that she was hurting for her son and he was going through a difficult time but no more details.

at the time it came to light they gave him a desk job. I'm figuring it's a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. They need to have him on their side, saying he didn't look. Not for the defense saying nothing was there.

OK-------I understand all this better now. I just don't understand how JB can swing this for any huge benefit. Just one more thang for the poor slob to throw on the wall---hoping something will stick. He will be standing in the middle of the room praying nun of the stuff on the wall falls on him. To me he better come up with something a wee bit stronger than a cop being to lazy or whatever. I think he would do better finding somebody to throw under the bus. I could give him 3 peeps to start on.

OK-------I understand all this better now. I just don't understand how JB can swing this for any huge benefit. Just one more thang for the poor slob to throw on the wall---hoping something will stick. He will be standing in the middle of the room praying nun of the stuff on the wall falls on him. To me he better come up with something a wee bit stronger than a cop being to lazy or whatever. I think he would do better finding somebody to throw under the bus. I could give him 3 peeps to start on.

Looks to me he's gonna need a big industrial sized umbrella for when all his great ideas come tumbling down on his head!

I get that LE was swamped with people calling to report their dreams, visions and theories. I am sure as soon as KW said the word "psychic" that Cain tuned out.

HOWEVER, even the size 6 Disney dress featured on Nancy Grace got sent in for testing. So did numerous items found by searchers. Unfortunately, it seems Cain was afraid of looking paranoid and unmanly by calling out other cops to collect evidence found because of somebody's mother's vision. We will never know whether or not there was evidence that would have led to the area being declared a crime scene months ago.

I think Cain was negligent. I don't think his motives were nefarious.

However, since KW shared the news of his find, the bag disappearing, to me, looks like there is a possibility that someone purposefully removed evidence that might have led to Caylee being found months earlier.

To me, that points toward the possibility of individuals trying to protect Casey because they know she's guilty and that a dead Caylee might prove it. And nothing else.

IMO

Backwards, KC's friend the cop was still on probation and got fired for lying to a superior, during an on going investigation.

cop who talked to Kronk got put on a desk.

Maybe you're confusing someone with Jesse who "quit" but left under circumstances that have not been explained. And his mother was blogging that week that she was hurting for her son and he was going through a difficult time but no more details.

According to JG's father RG, JG quit to further his education. I remember that from early on in the case.

It spoiled the jury on the OJ trial.

Any distraction can give a juror, who doesn't want to believe a young,pretty mother would deliberately kill her daughter, something to hang onto.

What everyone needs to keep in mind is that evidence HELPS innocent people. You have to hire 30 lawyers and experts to say the evidence is untrustworthy, scientifically invalid, tainted or planted, WHEN the evidence points to your GUILT.

IMO

I agree...and I also think he will do that...GA comes to mind rather quickly.

So far they have this (not that it's true):

LE... didn't do their job properly

LE... had tunnel vision

Forensic....junk science

CSI...inept

Caylee's remains were placed there after Casey was arrested or on home confinement

Someone else did it

Of course, nothing the defense comes up with will negate the States evidence but they don't care about that. They just want REASONABLE DOUBT.

Let's hope these jurors have common sense.

I get that LE was swamped with people calling to report their dreams, visions and theories. I am sure as soon as KW said the word "psychic" that Cain tuned out.

HOWEVER, even the size 6 Disney dress featured on Nancy Grace got sent in for testing. So did numerous items found by searchers. Unfortunately, it seems Cain was afraid of looking paranoid and unmanly by calling out other cops to collect evidence found because of somebody's mother's vision. We will never know whether or not there was evidence that would have led to the area being declared a crime scene months ago.

I think Cain was negligent. I don't think his motives were nefarious.

However, since KW shared the news of his find, the bag disappearing, to me, looks like there is a possibility that someone purposefully removed evidence that might have led to Caylee being found months earlier.

To me, that points toward the possibility of individuals trying to protect Casey because they know she's guilty and that a dead Caylee might prove it. And nothing else.

IMO

Wait...What?

Run that past me again....the bag that KW found and replaced was never found later? WTH?

yes, he did. BUT thats not apples and oranges here in this case. That was a hot button issue, and we all know what it was.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I agree with most on here that the SA will have enough to get past this bit of "egg on face" moment.

31 DAYS people, 31.

OT: MAMABEAR you crack me up! On your coffee mug in your avatar it should say, "Doc dump fix exilir"

It spoiled the jury on the OJ trial.

funny mamabear, I typed this in slow-motion, apparently we are on the same page!

yes, he did. BUT thats not apples and oranges here in this case. That was a hot button issue, and we all know what it was.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I agree with most on here that the SA will have enough to get past this bit of "egg on face" moment.

31 DAYS people, 31.

OT: MAMABEAR you crack me up! On your coffe mug in your avatar it should say, "Doc dump fix exilir"

LOL I will have to try and put something like that there. Don't know how to move around this puter much.

Do ya'll member when OJ was running from the cops on the freeway and there were millions of peeps running out with signs saying thangs like, "RUN OJ". I just couldn't believe that. Well, KC didn't have anybody running to the freeway with signs. Member the protesters? To me----OJ whole thang was a joke where as there is no a "joke" where KC is concerned. If she gets out---there will be a mob affect----no "cheers" for KC.

I know that GR is not very well thought of around here, but I'm guess I'll just have to admit that I watched his show last (Sun) night. Out of the blue, I decided to turn in because there had been that little "dust up" w/Dr Baden on Sat night. I can't be the only one who saw this...

Anyway at the very end of the show, GR is talking about all this Dep RC/RK debate. I'm not quoting here, but GR had papers in his hand that he was quoting from and he says that after the find of the remains and LE talking to RK about his find, they took a statement from RC. RC apparently said that on Aug 12 he met up with RK and they both went into the woods; RK maybe being 5 or so feet behind RC. RC said that he did indeed find the bag and looked in it, but there was nothing in there but leaves and broken(?) sticks. For whatever reason LE talked to RC again like 3 or4 hours later when his story changed to: I never looked in the bag. Like I say, this is the gist of what I understood GR to say about 2 differing statements coming from RC and how problematic that's going to be for the prosecution.

It will take someone way more tech enabled than me to find this bit from last nights GR show (PattyG maybe??). But I think it is worthwhile if someone can swing that. My disdain for Dep RC grew exponentially when I heard this, and I literally said out loud "RUT-ROH". And no, I don't think that this is just more GR BS, I believe he was reading from some document that we're not privy to as yet. We certainly haven't seen any transcribed RC statements.

Oh... and GR say's that RC has been reassigned to the evidence storage division(?)
WTH?? LOL

Would RC even know evidence when he sees it?

I doubt that it will throw the case against KC. I don't see what this cop and his shabby work has to do with KC killing her child. At least he didn't send a PI to the woods looking for Caylee's lil body. Unless they can prove that he had anythang to do with the murder or "COVER UP" in this case. Am I missing something here? I just can't see.
QUOTE]

(Respectfully snipped for content)

I agree, Mama Bear. I'm also wondering if the intense focus by the defense on Cain's poor record on this could backfire on them.

Just think, Kronk said he saw the bag (or whatever) and Cain came out and did his poor job.

Baez & Co., by going after the "sloppy" work by LE in this particular situation bolsters the argument that the remains were there in August, hence not moved there AFTER Casey & Co. did their own little investigation in November.

Oh... and GR say's that RC has been reassigned to the evidence storage division(?)
WTH?? LOL

WELL! HMMMMMMMMM
Guess I better start watching GR. Why is he tryin so bad to help the defense. Has he gotten so far off base. I used to watch him in the olden days. You know when he got his nose donked! He used to be "ALL" Justice. What I know about him now, is from here.

As for "liking or disliking" him-----if he is trying to throw KC a life raft then I hope me lil Paddy (LP) and Morgan and the Count and the Judge, Jury and State will step up to the plate and cut that rope thats hooked to that life raft and GR falls on his :behind:

WTH?? LOL

Man, I wished we could find out if RC is in the evidence section. That might not be so good. But your right about him not knowin about evidence. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back