2010.03.14 Attorney Richard Hornsby discussing this case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any 3rd party that's paying has to be disclosed

RH "The Affidavit he drafted about Casey paying him 88K , and that is intellectually dishonest. We all know Casey Anthony did not write him a check for 88K! She doesn't have a bank account. She never had that money. She doesn't work. The judge may make him divulge every detail, who the third party or parties are.

Don't be shady!! That is what my life likes to say, don't be shady. That is what Jose Baez is doing , being shady. I love Judge Strickland, he is one of the very best judge's we have. He is an elected official. If people know he let Baez skate through this, there is gonna be an uproar.I think the news stations should ask to have the hearing unsealed so everyone can hear it. Right now it is still sealed! I don't think the media has caught on that they may ask for it to be unsealed now that she is asking for the state to pay her costs. I just can't believe none of them have asked for this!"

Foreclosure on house. "These people are just broke".

Jose Baez let the media take over the case.

RH speculated to his wife that this was an accident that spiralled out of control.

The gf - blah, blah, blah.

RH " Hopespring Drive home is another red herring, because they have claimed they haven't paid money toward the defense. These people are just broke and that is why they are losing their home.

Jose Baez is the problem, he let everyone be exposed to the media too much, too available, the media has taken over and mutated this entire case."

Host " Mistress is going to show up on morning shows next week, spilling the details of the long affair, and guess what she wont be sitting there for free. Allegedly she has racy text messages and photos saved on her phone that show Mr. Anthony in compromising situations".

Rozzie " Lee did find Casey one week after she had not been seen by the family , he found her , drunk and partying at Fat Tuesdays. He asked her where Caylee was, Casey said Caylee was with friends. He did not call the police ! The police were not called for several more weeks!
This is in a deposition, I have my source, this will come out in trial! This is absolutely one hundred percent true. What happened during those three weeks? What did the Anthonys know and were they trying to cover this up?!"

In the three weeks Cindy texted Casey to say " I have given you long enough! "

Host" Wow, I hadn't heard that before".

Update: After the show Mr. Hornsby expanded on Rozzie's remarks, "As for Rozzie's statements about Lee, she is referring to a statement Lee Anthony supposedly gave to law enforcement pursuant to a grant of use immunity that his lawyer negotiated. I do not believe this "statement" has been released yet.

If I understood her correctly, she was implying that Lee had confronted Casey a week after Caylee was last seen; thus the family had known for at least three weeks that Caylee was missing. Which would explain why Cindy told Casey "we have given you over a month" to find Caylee."

What was that Rzzy said about LA confronting kc?

Is this when he tracks her down at the bar?

Host " I am concerned that folks are gonna want to get on this jury to get a lucrative book deal.
How did Baez get this case in the first place?"
Rozzie : "Casey Anthony was friends with someone who knew Josey Baez."
Rozzie "I believe the strategy they are going under is the affirmative defense, right?"
RH: "I thought at one time, they would have Casey take the stand and use the ugly coping defense, but now that Andea Lyon has come on the case, I am not sure."

Host asks if a deal is still possible.

RH "Unfortunately, it has become a pissing match between Baez and the prosecutors, he has accused them of all kind of things. Now if he were off the case, someone like Andrea Lyon could come to them with a much more reasonable approach and there might be a deal. There is always that possibility."

RH: The only way she is going to get a fair trial is if someone starts working her case. Now with her being declared indigent , now Andrea Lyon can start moving this case forward.

Hornsby is wrong about the media mutilating the case. Most of what has come out has been based on facts like depositions and videos of the family.

Rozzie "Lee finding her without Caylee weeks before the family reported her missing is going to be the nail in her coffin?

I think they are gonna come after Jesse Grund in the defense".

RH " As long as Jose is Casey's only contact with the real world there will be no deal. If someone else takes over the case and tells her the truth...there may be a deal."

Media needs to file a motion and get that info from the March 25 hearing unsealed

Rozzie speaking about Lee finding her, not on the night Cindy sent him, not the same night he went to the Dragon Room, A DIFFERENT NIGHT.. WEEKS BEFORE THAT, HE FOUND HER AT A FAT TUESDAYS, she was drunk and partying. HE ASKED WHERE THE HECK CAYLEE HAS BEEN, SHE SAID WITH FRIENDS. SO THE FAMILY KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP AND SHE WAS NOT IN ANOTHER CITY.

Remember Cindy saying "I've given you a month"? We had been under the impression the first time the family knew Caylee was not accounted for was the day Cindy took Casey from Tony's apartment.

Rozzie said she cannot believe the media has never asked about this , ever, it is huge.

I haven't seen that in a depo, has anyone?

RH: "I am going to put a link up about the schedule of fees for the experts, etc."

Baez cannot negotiate on behalf of Casey because now he is trying to protect himself and the third party, when the only person whose interest he is supposed to have in mind is his client's.

Brad can broker a deal for mom and pop, but they are damaged goods in a way. It is too late. They have been all over the place and have said so much. The interest in them is ..

On about Nancy Grace. It didn't appear positive. I missed most of it - please add.

RH: "I am going to put a link up about the schedule of fees for the experts, etc."

Baez cannot negotiate on behalf of Casey because now he is trying to protect himself and the third party, when the only person whose interest he is supposed to have in mind is his client's.

Brad can broker a deal for mom and pop, but they are damaged goods in a way. It is too late. They have been all over the place and have said so much. The interest in them is ..

Here is the link referenced: http://www.justiceadmin.com/court_app_counsel/Cir 09 - Due process final.pdf

Thank you Mr. Hornsby

RH: "Fatherhood of Caylee is completely irrelevant, imo."

Rozzie " Jaws may drop at some of the stuff that may come out at the trial about this family."

Host: "Is it dangerous that the case is turned into entertainment?
RH "Yes. People are less likely to go with their gut. People like Nancy Grace do a disservice to the justice system.

Propaganda, if you say it enough and if you scream it loud enough, pretty soon people start to believe it that is why what Nancy does is dangerous."

Host " I used to work with Nancy. The internet has changed everything. Why no gag order?

RH: "Because it doesn't benefit Jose Baez!"

Why have we not seen a gag order in this case?

Because it doesn't benefit Jose Baez.

Nothing from State.

Did you catch what they said about blood evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88