2010.03.18 New High Powered Attorney Cheney Mason Joins DT *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by VickiInLongwood, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VickiInLongwood

VickiInLongwood New Member

J. Cheney Mason, arguably one of Orlando or the country's finest defense attorney's has joined the case. He is death penalty qualified. Will this mean the end of JB and AL?

2. Loading...

3. Theonly1

Theonly1 New Member

J. Cheney Mason (goes by Cheney) has joined the defense in the Casey Anthony case. Cheney is well-known and well-respected here in the Greater Orlando legal community. Note: Judge Strickland laughed about where Cheney has been this whole time. This ballgame is now going to change--take note.

He's REALLY REALLY good.

4. Theonly1

Theonly1 New Member

Hopefully, Vick. Maybe someone could join our threads as they are the same! :)

I about fell out of the lazyboy when I saw this! Big surprise of the day!!!

5. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Active Member

Money being no object...when the taxpayers are paying.

6. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Active Member

He announced he is doing this 'Pro Bono so there will be no million dollar worries here'.

7. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Active Member

Yes, CM said he was 'tired of watching what was going on'- I'd like him to expand on that statement'... JB is taking a back seat this am it seems.

8. Just Jayla

Just Jayla New Member

He might be considered really good in lawyer circles, but if he behaves like he is behaving today come trial-time, he is gonna get KC convicted.

9. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Active Member

My impression is that JS does not appreciate this Cheney person coming in with guns blazing... JS is already rocking back and forth in his chair which tells me he is irritated and he will quiet CM down shortly..

10. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

I guess, Judge S ain't "sittin' on a rainbow" today, huh? lol

11. VickiInLongwood

VickiInLongwood New Member

I about fell out of the lazyboy when I saw this! Big surprise of the day!!![/QUOTE]

I should have known you'd be all over this story..LOL. Now the big news will be...........WHERE DID THE MONEY GO?

12. Pattymarie

Pattymarie New Member

What a dou**e-bag...may even make JB seem human

13. spiderlady

spiderlady Member

WHY!!!!!!!!!??????????????? Why Why Why??!!

What is it about this case that is pulling all these "Pro's"? Why weren't they on Dahmers wagon? Or any other accused killer??

14. Pattymarie

Pattymarie New Member

Very excellent point...but Dahmer was before OJ and Peterson, 24/7 cable news and the Internet, right?

It is nauseating how they lie and say they are not taking any money for the "due process" of this sweet innocent girl (did any of you see KC and LKB hug at the end)?

Not one of them believes this girl is innocent.

15. Chiquita71

Chiquita71 New Member

Hello WS :)

Cheney just got done reiterating that JB was and is the lead atty in this case. He was only doing what JB asked him to do.

16. cecybeans

cecybeans New Member

17. SkeeterWI

SkeeterWI New Member

18. sleutherontheside

sleutherontheside Retired WS Staff

Cheney defended Lisa Nowak the NASA astronaut in the love trialngle.

Mr. Mason has also represented Lou Pearlman (Back Street Boys creator) though later sued him for nonpayment of legal fees.

Mr. Mason has been sued in an INTERESTING case. In his defense of Nelson Serrano, Mr. Cheney went on NBC and issued a challenge to anyone that could prove guilt.....A $million$ dollar challenge.

snip
    Mason argued on Dateline that there was no way that Serrano could have committed
    the murders in Florida and been at the Atlanta La Quinta by the time the video showed him there.
    Mason said that, “n less than half an hour, Serrano would have had to get off a wide body jet, exit
    Atlanta airport—one of the busiest in the world—and arrive back at his hotel five miles away. All
    in time to be photographed looking up at that surveillance camera.” See
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16306307/page/4/.
    13. Mason then issued the challenge at the center of this lawsuit: “I challenge anybody
    to show me, I’ll pay them a million dollars if they can do it.” Id. The NBC reported questioned
    Mason to make sure he understood the terms of the challenge: “If they can do it in the time
    allotted?” Id. Mason clarified: “28 minutes. Can’t happen. didn’t happen.” Id.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/06/19/MasonDateline.pdf

Previous defendant asked that Mr. Mason be removed. Defendant filed Pro Se for mistrial.....
    http://www.judelacour.com/download/2009-04-21%20MOTION%20FOR%20MISTRIAL%20AND%20APPOINTMENT%20OF%20SPECIAL%20PROSECUTOR.pdf

MR. Mason.....................YOUR thought bubble and strategy are showing too.

19. cecybeans

cecybeans New Member

20. cecybeans

cecybeans New Member

Here's the text. The case was tossed, but the kid is appealing as far as I know.

Student takes lawyer Cheney Mason's murder-case dare seriously
    June 24, 2009|By Amy L. Edwards, Sentinel Staff Writer
    Prominent Orlando attorney Cheney Mason was confident his client couldn't have gunned down four people in the time prosecutors said he did. So Mason told a national TV audience he'd pay $1 million to anyone who could show otherwise.

When Mason issued that challenge more than two years ago on Dateline NBC, someone took him literally.

Now, that viewer wants Mason -- one of Central Florida's most high-profile and outspoken criminal-defense lawyers -- to pay up.

21. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

http://www.jcheneymason.com/new_page_8.htm

Impressive resume...

Overview

J. Cheney Mason began his private law practice in Orlando, Florida in 1971 after admission to The Florida Bar. His areas of practice include Criminal Defense, Marital and Family Law (Divorce Law), Entertainment Law and Trial Practice, with a strong emphasis on Marital and Family Law and Criminal Law. He is a Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer, certified by both The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.

more at the link:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.