2010.04.13 - What's going on in Tennessee? Joe talks to the media

JOE-http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=154759&catid=3

I still cannot get news4Jax on this computer..........please update what is said.
I can't wait to see a video of it! TIA

Jennifer Bauer is in front of JO Atty office and she talked to JO today but she didn't say anything about what she may have learned. Soooo I'd say she didn't learn much if anything.
They did air a photo of JO, his atty and what may have been JO's Mom in an office.

I still cannot get news4Jax on this computer..........please update what is said.
I can't wait to see a video of it! TIA

Close all your other windows and then you should be able to get it. I haven't heard much of interest. Pic's of Jo, his mother and lawyer.

Joe Overstreet, Cousin of Misty Crosli, Speaks Out Following Late-Night Interview about Haleigh Cummings
Ann Butler Jackelyn Barnard Created: 4/14/2010 4:59:49 PM Updated: 4/14/2010 5:34:34 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An emotional Joe Overstreet, a cousin of Misty Croslin, broke down today, saying he does not know what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Overstreet was interviewed about the disappearance of Haleigh in Nashville late Tuesday night by Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents. Earlier Tuesday, several police agencies had resumed searching a stretch of the St. Johns River south of the Satsuma home where Haleigh was last seen.

The 5-year-old disappeared from the home in Feb. 2009. Croslin, Haleigh's former stepmother, was caring for her the night she vanished. The case has never been solved.

In an interview today with First Coast News, Overstreet, who lives in Nashville, accompanied by his mother, Tina Overstreet, and his attorney Robert Sirgo, discussed the ordeal.

Tina Overstreet said her son mainly stays at home these days, not doing much because of the emotional toll the case has had on him.

Overstreet was in Satsuma for vacation and planned to leave the day Haleigh was reported missing, he said, but some have speculated that his departure seemed suspicious and sudden.

Overstreet said today that he helped pass out fliers with Croslin, alerting the public to the missing child, and contributed flowers to a memorial for her.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154759&catid=3

Not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that this is exactly what Misty and Tommy have done and I can't say innocent and their names in the same sentence without getting an eye twitch. LOL.

Speaking of twitching.....remember how ticked LC would get at TC when his eye's twitched...

She has known him along time and that could be a tall-tale sign she knows EXACTLY when he is telling the truth or lying.

Not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that this is exactly what Misty and Tommy have done and I can't say innocent and their names in the same sentence without getting an eye twitch. LOL.

I guess I fall back on the insignificant differences between the parties. Ronald and Misty have both had different versions of the truth. Ronald could get his daughter back, if only he had $35,000. Then there's something about Mexicans and a guy named Larry. He's told that to several people. Misty.....well, you know her different versions. And don't get me started on the headless rats, the gun and road rage incident with the Jones guy, the busted knuckles he had the day after Haleigh went missing, 90 phone calls he made the night she when missing, etc, etc. What did Joe do? What physical evidence is there linking him to this case? He's just a punk, and he is nothing more than a throw-away relative, that nobody will blame Misty for if he takes the fall. After all, Papa Croslin was getting hot with Misty when she tried to pin it on Tommy.

No offense taken.

Joe Overstreet, Cousin of Misty Crosli, Speaks Out Following Late-Night Interview about Haleigh Cummings
Ann Butler Jackelyn Barnard Created: 4/14/2010 4:59:49 PM Updated: 4/14/2010 5:34:34 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An emotional Joe Overstreet, a cousin of Misty Croslin, broke down today, saying he does not know what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Overstreet was interviewed about the disappearance of Haleigh in Nashville late Tuesday night by Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents. Earlier Tuesday, several police agencies had resumed searching a stretch of the St. Johns River south of the Satsuma home where Haleigh was last seen.

The 5-year-old disappeared from the home in Feb. 2009. Croslin, Haleigh's former stepmother, was caring for her the night she vanished. The case has never been solved.

In an interview today with First Coast News, Overstreet, who lives in Nashville, accompanied by his mother, Tina Overstreet, and his attorney Robert Sirgo, discussed the ordeal.

Tina Overstreet said her son mainly stays at home these days, not doing much because of the emotional toll the case has had on him.

Overstreet was in Satsuma for vacation and planned to leave the day Haleigh was reported missing, he said, but some have speculated that his departure seemed suspicious and sudden.

Overstreet said today that he helped pass out fliers with Croslin, alerting the public to the missing child, and contributed flowers to a memorial for her.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154759&catid=3

He described the interview Tuesday night as not long and very professional. Law enforcement officials, Overstreet said, did not seem to be on a "witch hunt."

Sirgo said today he believes the investigation is coming to a head. Many making comments about the case don't have all the facts and are only seeking the limelight, he added.

He described the interview Tuesday night as not long and very professional. Law enforcement officials, Overstreet said, did not seem to be on a "witch hunt."

Sirgo said today he believes the investigation is coming to a head. Many making comments about the case don't have all the facts and are only seeking the limelight, he added.

Excellent Post! Don't you just hate people that toot their own horn?

Hey Elle do you think that if LE thought that Jo had something to do with this case, they would've left TN without him? They didn't lock him up. He is not sitting behind bars with these other people. JO went HOME and LE went back to Florida.

I'm not Elle, but they wouldn't arrest him if he is guilty until there is a murder charge formally.

I am sure he is being watched and has been for sometime.

Speaking of twitching.....remember how ticked LC would get at TC when his eye's twitched...

She has known him along time and that could be a tall-tale sign she knows EXACTLY when he is telling the truth or lying.

Excellent thinking!

I'm not Elle, but they wouldn't arrest him if he is guilty until there is a murder charge formally.

So they wouldn't at least hold him? they supposedly got all these people saying that he did it. So why not hold him and put the squeeze on him too, if they suspect he had some involvement?

I sure hope they have a lot more than Misty's word on this.

Hey Elle do you think that if LE thought that Jo had something to do with this case, they would've left TN without him? They didn't lock him up. He is not sitting behind bars with these other people. JO went HOME and LE went back to Florida.

Yes I do think they would have left TN without him. They need more evidence. They can't hold him because they "think" he is the guilty party. Look how long Drew Peterson wandered around a free man. False sense of security while LE builds their case.

yes I know different case entirely but comparable when considering a guilty man roaming free.

I just want to say that I really have been questioning my suspicions of Joe O for the past 2 days. I have been stuck on him for a year. There is part of me that wonders if The Croslin's might be trying to put the blame over on Joe, Chelsea had very accusatory things to say about him early on. We heard about the van from her, Joe sleeping in his clothes from her, The van being scratched and moved from her....He slept at her house that night and she said she was up late doing insurance papers but she didn't notice if he left? I don't know. Maybe the plan all along has been to make him out as the culprit and it's really Timmy and Tommy they are all trying to protect? I don't know. Any thoughts on that from anyone? Maybe Joe knows the truht......Joe be a man and tell the truth!!

I just want to say that I really have been questioning my suspicions of Joe O for the past 2 days. I have been stuck on him for a year. There is part of me that wonders if The Croslin's might be trying to put the blame over on Joe, Chelsea had very accusatory things to say about him early on. We heard about the van from her, Joe sleeping in his clothes from her, The van being scratched and moved from her....He slept at her house that night and she said she was up late doing insurance papers but she didn't notice if he left? I don't know. Maybe the plan all along has been to make him out as the culprit and it's really Timmy and Tommy they are all trying to protect? I don't know. Any thoughts on that from anyone? Maybe Joe knows the truht......Joe be a man and tell the truth!!

Ya know Elle, he was never in my radar, only because Ron's action made him look guilty of something. But maybe we read Ron wrong, maybe he did marry to not get put in jail for underage sex, and maybe he thought he was guilty of leaving the kids with her and not coming home that night to see what was up? That would make ya feel and look guilty. But Misty pointed day one at Joe. Now we find out she was awake, so why didn't she go to LE? Why did she not call 911? He doesn't (Joe) look that tough to me. Ron could kick his A$$, ya know? So I thought it was all a set up, on Joe, then she threw Tommy in the mix. Maybe it's just Tommy and Misty, not Joe, but they have to stick together on this to get him arrested. IDK. I only dreamed of where she was, not who did this too her. That would be Chesterp's department :)

VIDEO INCLUDED:

Antioch Man Says He Didn't Hurt Missing Fla. Girl
Joe Overstreet Questioned For Third Time
Reported by Caroline Moses

POSTED: 4:44 pm CDT April 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:49 pm CDT April 14, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- There's some news in Tennessee about the case of a missing child in Florida.

Related: Watch This Story
The cousin of Haleigh Cummings' former stepmother lives in Antioch and was called in for questioning a third time. He's now talking, saying he had nothing to do with the child's death or disappearance.

Joe Overstreet, 20, has been under suspicion by some of his family for 14 months, he said, and he broke down while speaking for the first time about the investigation.

"I'm sorry. I can't imagine what they're going through. I didn't do it," Overstreet said. "If I knew who did, I would straight call the cops and tell who did it."

Overstreet struggled Wednesday to maintain his composure as he talked about this case.

Haleigh disappeared from her home 14 months ago. Her father's ex-wife said she put the 5-year-old to bed one night in February 2009, and that was the last anyone saw of the girl.

Overstreet and his attorney said family members are the ones who keep putting Overstreet back on the hot seat.

"At his age, to be accused of such a horrendous act and to be given no support, it's disgusting," said Overstreet's attorney, Shawn Sirgo.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23152983/detail.html

I wish there was somewhere we could see the full uncut video. I can't get feel for him. The lawyer states in the video that he has a pretty good idea what they are going to do next( investigators). I do have a heart, and to see the little bit of him I saw, well...of course he looked scared and very upset, I can understand why authorities have been treading so delicately around Joe Overstreet.

What does everyone else think?

Elle, I think he "seems" more sincere than many other players in this case, but I'm not sure. They all seem to be pretty good at keeping secrets!!!

This is pretty much my theory and has been from the start. I don't think he had anything to do with hurting Haleigh. I believe MC and her two bros are all invloved. Chelsea and Lindsey both know way more than they are letting on. I hope Joe tells all he knows but not holding my breath for that to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back