2010.04.16 - Annette Sykes(Great Grandmother) believes Haleigh is alive.

I don't blame her a bit for what she is saying. She is obviously upset about Haleigh and distraught. I feel nothing but compassion for her.

As far as her using the word 'homicide' thats the term LE uses. Nothing wrong with her repeating the word. She is not protecting anyone. There is not going to be an arrest for this crime on her side of the family that is for sure.

jmho

I don't blame her a bit for what she is saying. She is obviously upset about Haleigh and distraught. I feel nothing but compassion for her.

As far as her using the word 'homicide' thats the term LE uses. Nothing wrong with her repeating the word. She is not protecting anyone. There is not going to be an arrest for this crime on her side of the family that is for sure.

jmho

BBM.....

NOTHING is for sure in this case, nothing. IMO.

I had the same thought tehcloser did.
It's not an uncommon sentiment for a missing person's relative to say they believe the person is alive. RC expressed a somewhat similar statement. He said, "I'll always believe she's alive until they find her", or words to that effect. But there is just something in the wording. The article makes it sound like there is an adversarial relationship. LE says something and the family opposes them demanding proof, although of course they're on the same side there. LE wants proof just as much the family do (except possibly the family members with something to hide).

Personally I don't read too much into that. The woman doesn't want to believe her great-granddaughter is dead, and she's saying she won't believe it until you can prove it to her. Perfectly understandable.

This is what I thought as well.

Sykes added the family is doing "as well as we can." "They can say that it's a homicide all they want to, but they've got to prove it to us," she said.

BBM..I find that statement very telling considering she claims she doesn't know what happened to Haleigh...JMO

I find it amazing that psychic Ron kind of knew "that it happened that way" and he accepts this story, but GGMS doesn't. I guess if she is dead, you can't expect people to keep putting money in jars to help for a search if the child is assumed dead. I just keep remembering CA and GA and keeping the search alive and all alone they knew. So I am not buying it. :furious:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think we will find the Sheffields are resigned to what LE has said. Also remembering the Mondex search, LE was in regular touch with them. I am sure they are totally devastated but perhaps known in their hearts for a long time. They have asked for no media, interviews, etc.

My heart goes out to anyone who loved Haleigh & was not involved in her death or participated in obstructing justice for this innocent child.

Greatgrandma Sykes' comment about "proving that it's homicide" is totally baffling! If her great-grandchild was the victim of homicide, why wouldn't Sykes - and the rest of the family - want to know who took this beloved child from them? Do they not want justice for HaLeigh?

How many non-LE folks do we know that throw the word "homicide" around, instead of the more common term, "murder?" Granny is referring to what the family was told, IMO.
I think I would want proof that my grandchild was murdered too.
OTOH, she is probably aware that many people believe Ron is involved to a certain degree, or at least that he has known all this time. So she could be just getting that out there, that it is going to have to be proved, that she isn't accepting it otherwise. Might also be a little bit of a warning to LE.... don't go accusing MY family of anything without showing me proof first!

I wonder what she believes happened instead of homicide. An accident? After 14 months with no sign of her she would likely be dead as well. Stranger abduction? LE ruled that out but she might not trust what they say about it either without proof. Family abduction?

I can't blame any family member for wanting to believe Haleigh is alive but after watching Sheriff Hardy's presser, he just wouldn't say deceased or homicide if he didn't have cause. JMO

Homicide of a loved one must be unbearable. Not just one side of Haleigh's family would like "proof."

http://www.myspace.com/crystalsheffield

I'd say Crystal's conflicting emotions are evident. Hope and Anger.

I am sure that there is plenty of emotions to go around to allow all to have them as they see fit. They can feel anything across the spectrum within seconds. I can't imagine anyone holding someone else to a static point in the grief process.

I am sure that there is plenty of emotions to go around to allow all to have them as they see fit. They can feel anything across the spectrum within seconds. I can't imagine anyone holding someone else to a static point in the grief process.

Right now mood is... Sad and Pissed...

Of course we are outsiders and see things from an outsider's perspective but I imagine that I would be starting to lose hope that my missing relative was alive when the people who up until then said they knew nothing came up with stories that she was murdered. It seems like it's the worst option for them and they probably wouldn't say so if it wasn't true. If they really don't know anything and just want to get out of the drug charges or if they sold her for slave trade alive or something, why would they cook up a murder story? It might get them in bigger trouble than they already are. Why not just pretend that it was an accident?

To me, GGMA's quote here is but a natural grief stage - denial.

Why shouldn't we expect this to be in the realms of normal reactions for GGMAS at this point? She's assertive. She's family. She was one of Haleigh's major caregivers. Perhaps she still has Haleigh's clothes in her drawers at her home, her wrapped Christmas gifts tucked up in her closet. You expect GGMAS to unwrap those gifts and give them to another child? First you gotta prove it.

Go GGMAS. Stand at the Mondex. Stand at the river. Stand at the DNA lab. Demand the proof you need. I hope she gets her proof and it helps bring her peace.

It's difficult for any family that's held out hopes to accept that all hope is dead. What suffering! What grief! I don't know GGMAS, and I won't say I know what she's thinking or how she might be grieving.

I only know that I would so want biological proof myself, to help me begin closure. They await that proof; we all await that proof; we can only hope we get it. I'll be keeping Haleigh's entire family in my prayers.

Along the same lines, it's rather impossible to swallow the idea that anyone would intentionally kill this child. Who would want Haleigh dead? Again, I would want to know what LE knows that makes them think this. I'd need to understand what makes them consider her death a homicide.

RIP Haleigh. It's time to send the angels of peace to your loved ones.

:eek:fftopic:

Yesterday, Crystal added a Countdown Application to her page. I wonder if she's counting down to an arrest?

We cannot copy posts from Myspace. Give a link if the myspace is open. Thanks. But please don't copy posts over.

Sorry Grandmaj. I thought it was the other way around. Won't happen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back