2010.04.16 NG: Haleigh investigation homicide. Was she killed at the river?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the accident report provided by the police report who was in the car? I tried looking through some I found for the city and didn't see anything. Anyone know where it happened? City or County?

just got done watching NG. Things that caught my ear
1. Chelsea mentions Tommy lived about 6 houses from where Haleigh and Misty lived. Always knew they were close, but never realized they lived that close 2.Ron in general population now per his request according to lawyer. What struck me as strange is why now? Could Ron be hoping another prisoner "takes him out" before the truth about Haleigh comes out?

:Banane48: Maybe Ronald is thinking he can score some drugs in GP.

jmo

OK, I think LE needs to take a closer look at Chelsea. At the beginning of the show she said she didn't know Joe. Yet Joe was staying at her house. Now she claims she seen Haleigh getting off the bus, that Ron picked her up. Hmm, I tend to believe the bus stop parents before Chelsea. They said they saw Misty pick up Haleigh and a red car went to the MH, while Misty went the opposite direction in the van. Time for LE to check out Chelsea's where abouts and timeline...she is lying IMO! :furious:

Yeah and check her buddy too who was "asleep beside her"

Who wakes up at 4AM to a phone call then goes to visit a "relative" in the hospital?!? What hospital has visiting hours at 4 & 5 AM?!? I hate lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was wondering the same thing. Gainesville seems to be about 60 miles from Satsuma and the visiting hours at the hospital are from 9am to 9pm for the average patient.

http://jax.shands.org/patients/visiting.asp

Magnolia is adjacent to Shell Harbor Way, which is where the dock is that the divers have been searching.....by the way, the house that H & L were living in was deeded in K Overstreet's name.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=magno...675625&spn=0.004948,0.006877&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

No, the property was never owned by or deeded to JO's sister. I am aware that it was listed in White Pages as an address for KO, but she has never owned it. Like the Croslins, she appears to have been a renter.

The present owners have held title since 1992 when it appears they bought it through a tax deed from Putnam County. You can go to the Putnam County Appraisers site and do a search on Parcel: 21-11-26-5460-0010-0220 for the information:

http://www.putnam-fl.com/app/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Attachments

• Magnolia2.jpg
    Magnolia2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Magnolia3.jpg
    Magnolia3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 8
LOL thanks Elle. The only other comment I have is that it makes perfect sense to me about Chelsea's kids being at the same bus stop. I live a small town with a school district made up of 7 smaller communities. There is one bus stop for each town. If Chelsea only lived 3 miles away, she could very well have had to use the same bus stop as the others.

None of Chelsea's children were old enough to attend school on Feb. 9, 2009.
They are younger than Tommy and Lindsy's kids. To and L's oldest is Haleigh's age, they attended k-garten together. The only reason Chelsea would be at the bus stop would be to pick up A, her nephew.
If Santos did mistake Chelsea for Misty I hope she didn't sample the "bad chit" she was overheard talking about because she was pregnant at the time and I hope it was not her slapping the little boy.

JMO

Hardy said the tip did not come from TN. Or was it the lead did not come from TN? I know there's a distinction between tip and lead...

Search Near Satsuma Got Underway after Polygraph Test

Tommy Croslin was responsible for getting the current search for Haleigh Cummings under way.

James S. Werter, attorney for Hank T. Croslin Jr., known as Tommy, said it started after a recent polygraph test.

Tommy Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin, the teenager who police said was the last person to see Haleigh alive before she disappeared one night in Feb. 2009. Misty Croslin later married and divorced Haleigh's father.

Werter said Tommy Croslin asked to take the lie detector test in March to "clear the air" regarding the events of that night. He took the test April 8.

April 10, Croslin and Werter discussed the results, and two days after that, the two met with private investigator Steven K. Brown, who earlier this week said he knew what happened in the case of the missing 5-year-old girl.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=154862&catid=3

According to the above article ToC's attorney claims the lead came from him after his failed LDT with ex FBI SBrown. All three went down to the Shell Harbour dock.

Croslin Jr.'s attorney: He didn't make any confessions in Haleigh Cummings case

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.'s attorney released a statement this morning saying that he did not confess anything about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance to his grandmother.

His attorney said Croslin Jr. then took the investigators to the Shell Harbour Road boat ramp, which became the epicenter for three days of revived searching for Cummings this week.

Croslin's grandmother, Flora Hollars, said she was responsible for the revived search after calling investigators with new details the Croslins gave her.

Jim Werter, who represents Croslin Jr., said in a news release that Croslin Jr. "did not tell Flora Hollars anything about the investigation except to have his attorney contact and meet with him."

"This is in response to latest claims by various reporting agencies that they have verified that Tommy Croslin confessed to Hollars. He did not," Werter said.
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...nt-make-any-confessions-haleigh-cummings-case

According to the above article, ToC's attorney claims he did not confess anything to his grandmother, Flora Hollars..so, if those claims of FH's getting phone calls from jail, it must be on record. It must be tapped, I wonder if anyone will ask for these through the Sunshine Law???

So, more confusion surrounding HaLeigh's demise. I want to hear it right from their mouths what part they played, how HaLeigh died, who is responsible. From the very start, LE has always stated, MC holds the key, she knows more than she's saying. I believe it may have been MC who harmed HaLeigh. She was just on a three day binder, no sleep involved those days. She definately didn't want to babysit, TN bribed her to, IIRC. Could be HaLeigh was acting out, could be HaLeigh may have said, ooooh you know daddy doesn't want anyone here when he's not home, I'm telling daddy you have JO and ToC here..Which is why RC has said, no one was there with MC. I don't believe RC had anything to do with HaLeighs demise, physically. The poor choices he's made have contributed to her death. I just don't see him physically harming HaLeigh, accidently or on purpose, that I feel is all on MC..JMHO

It was very disturbing to hear FH say, she didn't know if HaLeigh was dead when they threw her in that river, what a dispicable act, the depravity in that alone screams for the DP...sadly, I do not think this would be an option at this point. I don't believe there will be enough evidence for a DP case. Also due to MC being 17 at the time, it will be equally hard to try for the others if the "mastermind" can't get death...:furious:

Justice for HaLeigh!

ACK! Can't make out a single word! LOL Bad eyes...

I wonder why Chelsea gave this letter to LP instead of LE?

She contacted LE about it-they had already read it.

snip
After she read her letter, Chelsea told me she phoned Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent Jason Jolicouer, a top investigator on the case, to alert him, but he said knew about it and “blew it off as nothing,” she said, figuring he’d already read it. In fact, he had, since regulations allow police to monitor incoming and out going inmate mail; sources tell me detectives clock every letter Misty writes, or receives.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/03/26...lin-flunks-secret-police-polygraph/#more-4035

I highly doubt Timmy was involved in the car accident with his father which occurred 2-3 days before HaLeigh disappeared. Hank’s injuries required medical treatment and no one ever mentioned Timmy was in the car and hurt.

If Chelsea's husband was in an accident and immobilized, why was he hanging out with Jo, Tommy, Ron and Misty at Ron’s house on Monday?

Who said Timmy was hanging out at Ron's house on Monday?
I guess I missed this.
TiA

According to the above article ToC's attorney claims the lead came from him after his failed LDT with ex FBI SBrown. All three went down to the Shell Harbour dock.

According to the above article, ToC's attorney claims he did not confess anything to his grandmother, Flora Hollars..so, if those claims of FH's getting phone calls from jail, it must be on record. It must be tapped, I wonder if anyone will ask for these through the Sunshine Law???

So, more confusion surrounding HaLeigh's demise. I want to hear it right from their mouths what part they played, how HaLeigh died, who is responsible. From the very start, LE has always stated, MC holds the key, she knows more than she's saying. I believe it may have been MC who harmed HaLeigh. She was just on a three day binder, no sleep involved those days. She definately didn't want to babysit, TN bribed her to, IIRC. Could be HaLeigh was acting out, could be HaLeigh may have said, ooooh you know daddy doesn't want anyone here when he's not home, I'm telling daddy you have JO and ToC here..Which is why RC has said, no one was there with MC. I don't believe RC had anything to do with HaLeighs demise, physically. The poor choices he's made have contributed to her death. I just don't see him physically harming HaLeigh, accidently or on purpose, that I feel is all on MC..JMHO

It was very disturbing to hear FH say, she didn't know if HaLeigh was dead when they threw her in that river, what a dispicable act, the depravity in that alone screams for the DP...sadly, I do not think this would be an option at this point. I don't believe there will be enough evidence for a DP case. Also due to MC being 17 at the time, it will be equally hard to try for the others if the "mastermind" can't get death...:furious:

Justice for HaLeigh!

BBM-nope, recordings won't be released due to the ongoing investigation according to this press release by PCSO.

Media Release
April 16, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for confirmation that Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin Jr. has recently spoken with his grandmother (Flora Hollars) in Tennessee. I can confirm that Tommy Croslin has recently spoken with Hollars by telephone. The details of the conversations or copies of the actual telephone calls cannot be released at this time. These conversations contain information related to an active criminal investigation and are considered exempt from disclosure under Florida Public Records Law.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
130 Orie Griffin Blvd.
Palatka, Florida 32177
(386) 326.2782
jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.org

Just a refresher of Chelsea's previous statements.

Two days before Haleigh turned up missing last February, a drunk driver with no insurance smashed into the used car Timmy and Chelsea had just bought days earlier. Hank, Sr., her father in law wound up in the hospital in Gainesville, Fla., she says, and didn’t come home until after Haleigh vanished, on crutches, pins in his leg and a lot of pain.
With her car totalled, Chelsea started driving the blue family van, which she initially reported appeared to be parked in a different spot than she usually left it the day Haleigh was reported missing. Cousin Joe Overstreet had spent the night, and Chelsea later told police she’d left the keys on the kitchen counter, where she usually does, within easy reach. Reflecting now, she says, “What I told police was that I can’t totally, 100 per cent account for Joe that night…
“I don’t see Joe doing something like this, but I just gave police my observations — that the van just seemed to be in a different spot. I have a long driveway, and the back steps are to the left. I usually turn the wheel so the car is behind the stairs. This time, I noticed it seemed to be parked more on the side of the house. I don’t know if Joe took it to the store, or maybe he didn’t take it at all.”
While police say there’s no evidence he had anything to do with Haleigh gone missing, Cousin Joe, whose mother tells me was questioned twice by police about the case in the last two weeks, became the Florida Croslin family’s prime suspect; months ago, I watched Misty’s mother, Tommy and wife Lindsay give private investigator Williams Staubs a yard tour, showing him a drainage pipe under the driveway where they claim Joe stashed a gun he’d allegedly stolen from Ronald; Joe declined to comment.
What Chelsea does know is that the day Haleigh was reported missing, cousin Joe split for Tennessee; she was beyond exhaustion. “We’d just left Gainesville, dropping (Misty’s mother) Lisa off to be with Hank at the hospital. I’d been up late trying to figure out insurance claims for our car that was wrecked, dealing with an injured father in law and then, we go to sleep and about 4 a.m., and I get a phone call.”
It was Misty. “I don’t usually answer the phone in the middle of the night,” she tells me, “but I did this time and heard everyone in the background yelling for Haleigh.”
They lay in bed for an hour or so, not sure what to make of it, not wanting to wake up her two girls, close to giving birth to a third. At about 6 a.m., “I woke up Timmy when we realized this was serious. I couldn’t imagine anything like this. I just figured she’s probably hiding in a closet. My kids hide from me all the time. Sometimes I’ll find them in a cabinet. To them, it’s a game.”
It was no game. Within hours, she’d raced back to Gainesville to pick up Misty’s mother and hightailed it back to the Sheriff’s Department, where she and Timmy joined the long line of family members for interviews, took polygraphs, and watched Ronald and Misty hand over the clothes they were wearing to police. “Ronald was wearing his company jumpsuit, like a blue work outfit that zipped up the front, and they both went in back and took off everything, including their underwear.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-inside-the-haleigh-cummings-family-feud/

I was listening to audio tape #4 out of this latest batch and ran across an intresting point that Tommy made while talking to Hank Sr.

In similar fashion to Misty's story of "I woke up and seen the kitchen light was on", for one of the versions of Misty's latest story to be true, she apparantly has x-ray vision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxKemecQ0Bk

None of Chelsea's children were old enough to attend school on Feb. 9, 2009.
They are younger than Tommy and Lindsy's kids. To and L's oldest is Haleigh's age, they attended k-garten together. The only reason Chelsea would be at the bus stop would be to pick up A, her nephew.
If Santos did mistake Chelsea for Misty I hope she didn't sample the "bad chit" she was overheard talking about because she was pregnant at the time and I hope it was not her slapping the little boy.

JMO

I think she was picking up her nephew. She probably had her own and Lindsy's kids in the van with her--remember Lindsy came by in a red car and talked to her and then left without picking anyone up. And RC only picked up Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288