2010.04.20 - Tim Miller says Misty told them to search the dock

I'm sure the Anthony case took a huge financial and emotional toll on Tim. When the Haleigh case came along, shortly after, he was probably not up to getting the run around, yet again, from lying family members -- particularly when there were missing persons whose families really wanted to find their loved ones.

I can't say I blame him for his skepticism after what he'd just gone through with the A's.

Please note that Tim didn't mention Ron suggesting any places to search in that audio. If Ron did make suggestions, please provide a link. Thanks! :blowkiss:

Kimster-didn't Ron mention this location to Cobra? I just meant that they both have given up this location as a possible search area. That's all. I didn't say that Ron told TM this, just that Ron referenced this area also and before I heard this audio from TM I thought it was just Ron referencing this location, not knowing that Misty referenced it too, KWIM?

ETA: I just read the post with the JVM transcript concerning TM. But didn't Ron also tell Cobra?

Here is the transcript from JVM's Issues 4/13 with TM:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: "Nothing to break me of. They need to leave me alone." That was Misty Croslin.

This precious child you`re looking at disappeared on her watch. She has maintained that the child vanished into thin air. Police question that story.

We`re going to go now to Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch, who has searched for this precious child high and low.

Tim, this is a dramatic development tonight, that this search is going through the night. They pulled a box out of the river. They`re searching with divers. This area is only five miles away from where this child disappeared, on the St. John`s River near County Road 309. Five miles away. Wouldn`t this area have been searched before? You guys did the search.

TIM MILLER, DIRECTOR, EQUUSEARCH: Well, we didn`t -- actually, we didn`t search that area. But when I was down there when Misty took the polygraph test and voice analysis test and stuff, I believe it was Ronald that was with us when we were saying, you know, "What areas do you think we need to search?" And they actually took a sound of that area and said that was an area that -- that Cousin Joe fished at. And he said he had some interest in it. And...
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Who fished at?

MILLER: The cousin Joe, I believe. The cousin out of Tennessee.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ijvm.01.html

:dance: Thank you! :blowkiss:

I wish Tim wouldn't say "I believe it was...." but that's okay. The transcript is what it is!

Kimster-didn't Ron mention this location to Cobra? I just meant that they both have given up this location as a possible search area. That's all. I didn't say that Ron told TM this, just that Ron referenced this area also and before I heard this audio from TM I thought it was just Ron referencing this location, not knowing that Misty referenced it too, KWIM?

You're verified now, Susp. Continue on! :hug:

Here is the transcript from JVM's Issues 4/13 with TM:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: "Nothing to break me of. They need to leave me alone." That was Misty Croslin.

This precious child you`re looking at disappeared on her watch. She has maintained that the child vanished into thin air. Police question that story.

We`re going to go now to Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch, who has searched for this precious child high and low.

Tim, this is a dramatic development tonight, that this search is going through the night. They pulled a box out of the river. They`re searching with divers. This area is only five miles away from where this child disappeared, on the St. John`s River near County Road 309. Five miles away. Wouldn`t this area have been searched before? You guys did the search.

TIM MILLER, DIRECTOR, EQUUSEARCH: Well, we didn`t -- actually, we didn`t search that area. But when I was down there when Misty took the polygraph test and voice analysis test and stuff, I believe it was Ronald that was with us when we were saying, you know, "What areas do you think we need to search?" And they actually took a sound of that area and said that was an area that -- that Cousin Joe fished at. And he said he had some interest in it. And...
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Who fished at?

MILLER: The cousin Joe, I believe. The cousin out of Tennessee.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ijvm.01.html

I don't get from this that Ron "took them to this spot" or neccessarily suggested it.Just that he may have confirmed that Joe liked the spot.

If Tim had gone into that water, would he have had the ability to find and test the sort of tint pieces of bone like LE said they had?

If not, it may have been a blessing that he didn't go out there. I doubt there was a lot more to be found in September than there was last week.

ETA: I just read the post with the JVM transcript concerning TM. But didn't Ron also tell Cobra?

And Art Harris. (http://www.studentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ijvm.01.html)
This is in several threads - the Cobra tapes thread most recently.

The thing I don't get is why would the perp or perps point out the location that should be searched? Esp in the very beginning when there would've been lots of evidence on the body etc... (assuming the ones pointing to the location were in fact guilty)?

I suspect the perp/s didn't want any remains found in the beginning..
IIRC..
At the end of the summer is when TN brought on MN and TM..
At this time we heard alot from Ron C in reference to him wanting closure..
Misty gives out 5 or 6 places of interest.. Shell Harbor being one.. TM had to make a decision since there were so many lies being told...

Let me add..
I suspect Ron C knew by the end of the summer/ early fall all remains would be gone, but he wanted them to find something so he could say he had closure...

Like Maryann though, I'm not certain Haleigh's remains were put there..
But if indeed they were, I'm not certain they weren't removed shortly after they were put there...unbeknownst to those who put her there...JMO

I don't get from this that Ron "took them to this spot" or neccessarily suggested it.Just that he may have confirmed that Joe liked the spot.

If you go up thread to the transcript I did of the audio from BNN, you'll see that Tim never says Ron took him there, but that Misty did. He only confirms that Ron was with them.

This whole case is so sad. My heart goes out to Haleigh and the innocent family members, as well as Tim Miller. I don't know Tim personally but from everything I have read and watched him do for the missing, he is truly an angel sent from God. I am sure he is beating himself over not searching that river. I am upset that LE didn't search it. (I don't have links handy, provided them in other threads numerous time though.)
Tim did the best he could and as he said, the donations are not coming in. Yet, there are always new cases that he takes on and tries to help everyone he can. I pray for peace in Mr.Millers heart, as this is of no fault of his. It is the fault of Misty and the rest of the liars! :furious:

Not sure how to provide the link....but I think it was on 4-13, JVM, that Tim also stated that RC took him to that spot....hope this helps....

I thought he said to fish....I do not think he mentioned to search like MC's.

I thought he said to fish....I do not think he mentioned to search like MC's.
I am so sorry if my post confused anyone....last thing I want to do.....I just remember Tim saying that Ron was "interested " in that spot because it was Joes fav fishing spot...I will be quiet now....sorry....

I am so sorry if my post confused anyone....last thing I want to do.....I just remember Tim saying that Ron was "interested " in that spot because it was Joes fav fishing spot...I will be quiet now....sorry....

camcneishg, And you are quite right in your thinking because Cobra told the same story and that was before TM ever came back on the scene the second time...JMO
I suspect Ron and members of his family were on a two fold mission that night, one being, to set up all those that assisted them in any way...JMO

The area definitely should have been searched because Misty was not trying to get out of a drug charge back when she mentioned the spot, plus her family had lived there. I'd also be curious to know just when the tip came in about someone seeing Misty there carrying a trash bag. That could have been another clue if it was given earlier instead of recently. Seems like these last few missing children cases get turned into circuses with more focus on everyone's theories and all the odd characters than the actual searching and focusing on clues.

Peeps reminder we can link to Only the videos on BNN. No stories or comments on those pages. Thanks.

A question concerning all of this info....did the people involved notify LE even if they themselves did not search? I would think that even if there was no funds for the private searches LE would have been informed of this. So my second question is, if all of those involved DID turn over these tips to LE why did it take 14 months for LE to search the area?

This case continues to blow my mind and make me have migraines with all of the circles.

M~

A question concerning all of this info....did the people involved notify LE even if they themselves did not search? I would think that even if there was no funds for the private searches LE would have been informed of this. So my second question is, if all of those involved DID turn over these tips to LE why did it take 14 months for LE to search the area?

This case continues to blow my mind and make me have migraines with all of the circles.

M~

It blows my mind as well. If you take a step back and think about all the stuff we heard at the beginning, we are currently hearing nothing new, and nothing that hasn't been said before with the exception of the identification of Shell Harbor boat ramp and the case now being changed to a homicide investigation. I keep asking myself what caused LE to make that switch in their investigation. It puzzles me a great deal. For some reason I think they surely must have something we have never heard before from someone. And that silence has been golden to LE. JMO we are missing some valuable information.

I'm sure the Anthony case took a huge financial and emotional toll on Tim. When the Haleigh case came along, shortly after, he was probably not up to getting the run around, yet again, from lying family members -- particularly when there were missing persons whose families really wanted to find their loved ones.

I can't say I blame him for his skepticism after what he'd just gone through with the A's.

I completely agree, and I really hope Tim isn't beating himself up over this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back