2010.04.24 Proximity of Shell Harbor Boat Ramp to other properties.

Here's another boat ramp with public access:
St. Johns River--Elgin Grove (#30)
Head north on SR 207 from intersection of SR 207 and SR 100. Go 4.1 miles to SR 207A. Turn left on SR 207A and follow 4.3 miles to East River Road. Turn left and go one block to Magnolia Avenue. Turn right and follow Magnolia Avenue 0.4 mile to ramp at end of road.
Single-lane ramp with unimproved parking capable of accommodating 10 vehicles.
http://myfwc.com/RECREATION/boat_neramps.htm#putnam

ETA:

This Magnolia is in East Palatka. If you look directly across the St John's River, you'll stare into the yard of ........... PDM.

Yes. Directly across the river.

Well, that's mighty interesting.

WHY do I get the feeling this is where the boat comes in to play.....?

Head north on SR 207 from intersection of SR 207 and SR 100. Go 4.1 miles to SR 207A. Turn left on SR 207A and follow 4.3 miles to East River Road. Turn left and go one block to Magnolia Avenue. Turn right and follow Magnolia Avenue 0.4 mile to ramp at end of road.

ETA:

This Magnolia is in East Palatka. If you look directly across the St John's River, you'll stare into the yard of ........... PDM.

WTH? Are you serious? Deb's are you sure? Wait a minute now....

Oh yeah, I'm serious, all right. Now, what it's got to do with Shell Harbor, I dunno.
But what I know for surprising coincidences.......

Oh yeah, I'm serious, all right. Now, what it's got to do with Shell Harbor, I dunno.
But what I know for surprising coincidences.......

Do you think LE searched in the right area?

Well, that's mighty interesting.

WHY do I get the feeling this is where the boat comes in to play.....?
WHOA! You guys are good. I'm not so sure about a boat BUT I would really like to know where the cell towers are in that area. The approximation of the new search site, HC and LC residence, the MH and now PDM (if you go by how the crow flies) - maybe that's the problem LE is having. The phone pings are all too close to each other to pinpoint exact location. Wonder if any of the phones have a GPS and do those records GPS locations or just where the phone is now?

Ok - I'm rambling now. Anyone get my drift here about the pings being all too close to each other?

OKAY--This is the correct Magnolia Dr location--the neighbors along Shell Harbor said that Hank, Lisa and Misty used to live here.
1. Start out going EAST on GREEN LN toward MONROE AVE. 0.0 mi

2. Turn LEFT onto MONROE AVE. 0.1 mi

3. Turn RIGHT onto TYLER ST. 0.4 mi

4. Turn RIGHT onto E BUFFALO BLUFF RD/CR-309B. 1.2 mi

5. Turn RIGHT onto US-17/FL-15. 0.9 mi

6. Turn RIGHT onto CR-309. 2.6 mi

7. Turn RIGHT onto SHELL HARBOUR RD.

8. Turn LEFT onto MAGNOLIA DR. 0.2 mi

9. 130 MAGNOLIA DR is on the LEFT.

A to B Travel Estimate: 9 minutes / 5.40 miles

So the distance from Ron & Misty's to Hank & Lisa's is 5.40 miles.

Now---taking the absolute closest to Satsuma address that is listed as Crescent City--here are the directions from Hank & Lisa's to there--We don't have an actual address for Timmy's but this is the shortest distance it could possibly be with a CC address.

1. Start out going NORTHEAST on MAGNOLIA DR toward SHELL HARBOUR RD. 0.2 mi

2. Turn RIGHT onto SHELL HARBOUR RD. 0.1 mi

3. Turn LEFT onto CR-309. 2.6 mi

4. Turn RIGHT onto US-17/FL-15. 5.5 mi

5. Turn LEFT onto E MAIN ST. 1.2 mi

6. Turn RIGHT onto POMONA LANDING RD. 0.1 mi

7. POMONA LANDING RD.

B to C Travel Estimate: 15 minutes / 9.62 miles

NOTE: If you go straight to Pomona Landing Road from Green Lane it is 9.28 miles

WHOA! You guys are good. I'm not so sure about a boat BUT I would really like to know where the cell towers are in that area. The approximation of the new search site, HC and LC residence, the MH and now PDM (if you go by how the crow flies) - maybe that's the problem LE is having. The phone pings are all too close to each other to pinpoint exact location. Wonder if any of the phones have a GPS and do those records GPS locations or just where the phone is now?

Ok - I'm rambling now. Anyone get my drift here about the pings being all too close to each other?

SWAG - here is the website to find all the towers and antennae. You will note there is some overlap. From the scanner we know that LE has Phase I and Phase II capabilities for cell phones that are GPS enabled. This is how they figure where to respond to a cell call made to 911. I am beginning to wonder if LE finally got all the data back from the cell providers that did triagulation on Misty's phone. LE says the data they had obtained over a few weeks prior to the search is what led them to change the status of Haleigh from missing to a homicide.

http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp

ETA - there are 5 towers : http://www.antennasearch.com/sitest...=towerreview&pagenum=1&cmdrequest=pagehandler

Bolded by me:

Ok, I am totally lost now!
Can someone please message me the meanings of MH & PDM..

Bolded by me:

Ok, I am totally lost now!
Can someone please message me the meanings of MH & PDM..

MH = mobile home on Green Lane

PDM - this is where Ron was employed, PDM Bridge Company in Palatka.

SWAG - here is the website to find all the towers and antennae. You will note there is some overlap. From the scanner we know that LE has Phase I and Phase II capabilities for cell phones that are GPS enabled. This is how they figure where to respond to a cell call made to 911. I am beginning to wonder if LE finally got all the data back from the cell providers that did triagulation on Misty's phone. LE says the data they had obtained over a few weeks prior to the search is what led them to change the status of Haleigh from missing to a homicide.

http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp

ETA - there are 5 towers : http://www.antennasearch.com/sitest...=towerreview&pagenum=1&cmdrequest=pagehandler
Thank you, thank you. From this map it shows a tower right there at the dock/search and another one (tower) closer to the MH. So, IF MC had been at the MH I'm "assuming" it would have bounced off THAT tower and not the one near the search site. There is also a tower near PDM - so RC's calls should have bounced off that one.

From this map and where the towers are - LE should be able to distinguish calls between PDM, the search area, and the MH. No?

I wanna say it's called "triangulting calls" (from three towers) I think they can tell what direction you are traveling in and even how fast you are moving??? I'm not 100% sure... the point I want to make is that if a cell phone is turned OFF or left at home all bets are off. We know Ron's was on and Misty's was off? or do we? So only Ron would have had pings for most of the night...

Someone help me here....

As far as Shell harbor and PDM being across the river... If Ron's phone pinged consistently during his work hours... could LE tell if he was on land or on the river?

Could Ron have taken a boat to work? :banghead: I know that sounds CRAZY!

Not that he did... but would a boat ride even be possible and if so how much shorter or longer would the commute be?

ETA:

With all my rants about no search on PDM's property, I suspect you knew this would get my attention, LOL

Good Catch.

Attachments

• PDMMAGNOLIA.jpg
    PDMMAGNOLIA.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 57

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads