2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

LE seems to accept Gma's story that she came by that night between 7 and 8. I'm sure they would have talked to her the night Haleigh went missing, and the first thing they will ask is, when was the last time you saw her? Just because we didn't hear about this until 9 days later doesn't mean LE didn't know about it the first day. It just didn't get told to NG right away. Imagine that.

I don't rely on Nancy Grace for any of my information. I'm going by Misty's statements to the media as she repeatedly told her story, start to finish and never once mentioned GGMS coming by the mobile home that night. Well, that is until GGMS herself came out with that bit of information.

I don't rely on Nancy Grace for any of my information. I'm going by Misty's statements to the media as she repeatedly told her story, start to finish and never once mentioned GGMS coming by the mobile home that night. Well, that is until GGMS herself came out with that bit of information.

Absolutely. Misty never once mentioned GMSykes in the beginning. Never. And then TN came out with "I sent a family member over there". Why couldn't she just say "I sent my mother over there"? It almost makes me thnk that the family member she was referring to was the Aunt/Nurse and maybe GMS went along for the ride-giving HER a reason to be there...she claimed to just be dropping off laundry, KWIM? IMO, Misty was told not to mention that part..and she did what she was told...she never mentioned it. But when TN/GMS came out with their story about being there with laundry, the stories didn't match up to what Misty had been saying all along. The only way to solve that problem was for TN/GMS to get her on recording saying that GMSykes WAS there. Didn't we hear that on the test conducted by TM? Didn't TN request that Misty be tested again by TM? Maybe this was the real reason behind the test. Not sure.

But I think Misty told too much. Not only did she mention GMSykes being there...she mentioned the aunt. That is the part that I actually think was the secret.

So with that in mind, I don't believe TN/GMSykes told this particular story to LE on DAY 1 either. When Misty came out and admitted that GMSykes was there, I think she did so because her story HAD to match with theirs...she was told to tell them that.

BTW, TN/GMS has being protecting Misty from DAY 1 not DAY 2.

Regarding Misty appearing "fine" when GGS dropped off the laundry... I refer to the bust video with Misty in the front seat-- she was flagrantly wasted in the middle of the day, and as I understand it, was going to pick up Jr. afterward. Misty showed no compunction about GGS seeing her in this condition caring for Jr. Either GGS thinks all young adults look this way or she is covering, big time. Simply appalling, imo.

There was one very very telling thing about GGMS and the laundry that came out of that interview. Perhaps even more so than the subtle little specific details such as shirt colors.

GGMS admitted that she always does just the kids laundry. "So they don't have stains". Sorry but that act of just stepping in to keep the kids in clean clothes is a rather blatant sign that this was not a happy and well cared for household. Rather the other family members literally saw these kids being neglected and forced to run around in filth. They knew that the adults were not properly caring for those kids,a nd that the primary caregivers were at best simply ignoring the children. Sadly the only action that any of them seem to have taken was in the long run just more enabling. GGMS doing the laundry.

It's possible GGMS was the person buying the clothes for the children and wanted to make sure they stayed nice. A lot of men don't know how to wash clothes properly and since Misty had only been around for a few months, GGMS probably just continued to take care of their clothes. At least that was my first thought when I heard she did the laundry for the kids.

It's possible GGMS was the person buying the clothes for the children and wanted to make sure they stayed nice. A lot of men don't know how to wash clothes properly and since Misty had only been around for a few months, GGMS probably just continued to take care of their clothes. At least that was my first thought when I heard she did the laundry for the kids.

Well, just as an observation, GGM said Misty did her and Ron's clothes, and they always seemed clean and not wrinkled. I'm just amazed that a 17 year old could manage it.

As closed mouth as LE has been during this whole case, I think GGS did tell them she was there right away. They just didn't want anyone else to know that. TN may have been told not to mention names of who was there. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one and I think GGS just got fed up with the reporters and blurted it out. We know HOW she presented the info---she was angry---she said "that's a crock". Maybe she didn't like the way all the info was being held back and was tired of everyone swarming on her for answers. These people were definitely not used to 24/7 scrutiny by the public and I can't blame her for reacting.

Hi SoSueMe, you weren't replying to me but just wanted to agree with you. I also do not use Nancy Grace for a "source". Her information is always a day late and a dollar short. She decides what she is going to run into the ground, miscontrue, distort, omit, candycoat over, embellish, deny and whatever word you want to add.

It is also possible that GGMS had done the children's clothes most of their lives. We have to remember Misty had only lived in the household a couple of months.

I agree with you here. While this lot may have looked pale, run down and sickly, they could be 'high' and it would not be apparent or at least very obvious.

Even though Misty and Tommy had smoked a joint, they would probably not have been red-eyed and giggling, like someone that wasn't used to the effects would be. People that use pot daily, do not appear 'out-of-it' to the casual observer.

Drug users develop a tolerance and do not appear visibly high. This is why there is so much information available for parents about how to tell your child is using drugs, what are the secondary signs to look out for.

I hope that you have conquered your addictions and are now on a better road. Thank you for sharing those personal details with us. It is appreciated.

BBM. Thank you aiobhinn I appreciate those kind&supportive words. And tho I myself did not struggle with a drug addiction, I was as close as you can get to the addiction without being the addict itself. It is my sister(not the older psychologist, but the one closest to me as in she's 18mos. younger)and to this day it is still an uphill battle.Believe me addiction knows no class, no race, no intelligence, because we were raised in a some what "normal", upper middle class, with no huge skeletons in our immediate family closets.She is extremely intelligent and highly educated and yet is an addict. She has since then married "extremely" wealthy and now lives out of state, unfortunately.Her main drug of choice opiate prescription(vicodin, lortab, percocet, oxycontin) and I am sad to say I know that she is still "using",we've done the intervention, the tough love, but it really boils down to the addict must want and be ready to get clean and stay clean. Am sorry didnt mean to go on and on. Thank you for your kind words.

It is also possible that GGMS had done the children's clothes most of their lives. We have to remember Misty had only lived in the household a couple of months.

This is what I recall GGMS saying just a few weeks ago. She said she did the kids laundry cuz she didn't like them looking dirty or sloppy. Something to that effect.

IIRC she said it was something she'd always done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back