2010.04.25 WAS RON a Drug INFORMANT? Discussion

also, there's a big difference between an undercover cop & a snitch. A snitch is no more than A 'source' to cops. They trade information for prosecution protection. That protection might not be garunteed, but it's pretty solid. These guys aren't living double 'police' type lives. They go about their drug businessas as usual, but turn in their suppliers, party friends, locations & times of deals, manufacturers etc...it's nothing for a snitch to buy from & get high with a guy & then get him busted in the same day. That's why they have to watch their backs.

EXACTLY! Taking it one step further, sometimes the cops aren't too careful how they monitor the "buy/sell", and expose the snitch due to stupidity. At this point, I believe there could be some retaliation.

My opinion only

You'd be absolutely surprised to know how much this does happen and happens everywhere. I don't want to go into too much detail here, but I have some knowledge of the undercover narcotics field. After watching the bust videos, Ron and Misty were definately the targets. There was no reason to have Ron serving in any 'undercover' role. IMO, the guy driving the car was the undercover. What you saw there was what is called a buy-bust. Other undercover officers were most likely following that car and once the buy was done and documented there was probably a signal and the officers moved in quick and took the targets down. All of the prior videos of deals going down were just the investigative work of the narcotics agents documenting a pattern and gathering charges and the true undercover developing a trust between himself and the targets.

<snipped for space>

Tainted Angel, thanks so much for that "undercover" lesson. It was obvious the driver was the undercover because we never saw him. :wink: That much I understood. Ron & Misty were THE targets, no doubt about that. LE aren't stupid. It's nice to know the ins and outs of the drug-bust world. As I read your post, I remembered my cousin used to head the narcotics division in our LE. Can't believe I'd forgotten that, I could have called him. He hasn't been in that division in years, though. :blushing: Anyway, what you said puts me at ease, there's no way the pill-popper could be the brains of a drug-bust. :crosseyed:

Plus, each one of those previous buys is a seperate criminal count against her. I'm sure they were letting Misty hang herself as far as that goes. As long as she was willing to participate in the deals, they were willing to let her continue. More counts (charges) = more jail time.

Too bad 'dope boy' ate some of the evidence, they could have racked up even more charges on them.

He may have given up a few sources in his time but I have a really hard time picturing RC as an undercover in the arrest with Misty. He got arrested and a huge bond and he's been sitting in jail for months now. If he'd just done a favor for the boys in FDLE they could have arrested Misty when he was not there, or let him bond out quickly and dismiss the charges for some technicality later. Like Grandmaj said, it looks like they wanted him, not just Misty. And they kept him in protective custody for a while so he didn't get the chance to do much investigating among the inmates either.

I also think that it would be unethical if LE used him like that. Surely they could have got evidence against Misty some other way, without needing to implicate her grieving ex in a serious felony. It'll take some time until his reputation as a drug dealer is forgotten, even if he just helped LE out, and it seems like a cruel thing to do, especially to someone who is grieving and might not be thinking straight about all the consequences. If you've just lost a child maybe you'd agree to anything that has a chance to get her back, no matter how bad the odds are, and you might not take it into account that your life might be ruined over nothing gained.

I also think that it would be unethical if LE used him like that. Surely they could have got evidence against Misty some other way, without needing to implicate her grieving ex in a serious felony. It'll take some time until his reputation as a drug dealer is forgotten, even if he just helped LE out, and it seems like a cruel thing to do, especially to someone who is grieving and might not be thinking straight about all the consequences. If you've just lost a child maybe you'd agree to anything that has a chance to get her back, no matter how bad the odds are, and you might not take it into account that your life might be ruined over nothing gained.

So, he was forced to buy & sell? He looked like a willing participant to me. I'm thinking they weren't worried about his reputation because they wanted him on something bigger. His reputation isn't going to do him much good.

So, he was forced to buy & sell? He looked like a willing participant to me. I'm thinking they weren't worried about his reputation because they wanted him on something bigger. His reputation isn't going to do him much good.

No, I didn't say he was forced to buy and sell. I believe the undercover to trap Misty story is just CYA talk and he was there because he bought and sold drugs with her.

I don't think LE worries about his reputation right now, but if they had really recruited him in some undercover scheme to trap Misty they should worry about it, IMO. Not only does he risk losing his reputation, he lost custody of his son and for all the practical purposes his son lost his father for as long as he's in jail. Jail time is unpleasant and sometimes potentially dangerous to the inmate's emotional or physical well being. Suppose his psychological health suffers from having to cope with the information about his daughter's death away from his family, in isolation or in the middle of other disturbed inmates. IMO it wouldn't be right for LE to use a missing child's father in such a scheme. If you want to get his ex-wife arrested there are other ways of accomplishing it that don't involve any jail time and loss of reputation for the presumed innocent undercover victim's father. They can get the guilty ones without punishing the innocent ones who just helped to gather evidence inside along with them. It makes no sense to me.

If he's thought to be guilty and LE has reason to want him to land in jail for his own crimes (drug related or otherwise) then it's of course a completely different story.

Anyway, I never really got the impression from RC and TN's comments that this alleged undercover thingy was something that had been agreed about with LE. IMO it was portrayed more like he got the brilliant idea to sell drugs with Misty to get her arrested all by himself, didn't talk it through with anybody except his mom maybe and doesn't care if it gets him personal prison time or not if it works.

Then again... if it doesn't make sense to you either maybe he just sold some drugs?

Snitch! Not an informant; at least not officially. He mentioned the name of an officer in two interviews (Today Show and with Cobra) Can that be who he has snitched to? Could be just a rumor; there are so many flying around here. Makes me wonder, in what capacity does he know this person. When Geraldo confronted him about being an informant, he said no; and I think for once he was telling the truth.
They could have got ron any time; but I think they waited until Misty turned 18, and got them dealing together.
I think there is alot that LE is not revealing and I have to applaud them for that; even though I am past ready to know what happened to this lil angel. Putnam County may be a small county, but our detectives usually get the bad guys;)

No, I didn't say he was forced to buy and sell. I believe the undercover to trap Misty story is just CYA talk and he was there because he bought and sold drugs with her.

I don't think LE worries about his reputation right now, but if they had really recruited him in some undercover scheme to trap Misty they should worry about it, IMO. Not only does he risk losing his reputation, he lost custody of his son and for all the practical purposes his son lost his father for as long as he's in jail. Jail time is unpleasant and sometimes potentially dangerous to the inmate's emotional or physical well being. Suppose his psychological health suffers from having to cope with the information about his daughter's death away from his family, in isolation or in the middle of other disturbed inmates. IMO it wouldn't be right for LE to use a missing child's father in such a scheme. If you want to get his ex-wife arrested there are other ways of accomplishing it that don't involve any jail time and loss of reputation for the presumed innocent undercover victim's father. They can get the guilty ones without punishing the innocent ones who just helped to gather evidence inside along with them. It makes no sense to me.

If he's thought to be guilty and LE has reason to want him to land in jail for his own crimes (drug related or otherwise) then it's of course a completely different story.

Anyway, I never really got the impression from RC and TN's comments that this alleged undercover thingy was something that had been agreed about with LE. IMO it was portrayed more like he got the brilliant idea to sell drugs with Misty to get her arrested all by himself, didn't talk it through with anybody except his mom maybe and doesn't care if it gets him personal prison time or not if it works.

Then again... if it doesn't make sense to you either maybe he just sold some drugs?

Well said! ITA!!

and personally I go with the .... he just sold drugs version of events.

Maybe we'll find out more today when Hope gets sentenced and Ron is a subpoena witness. Ahh to be a fly on the wall, I wonder since she pleaded no-contest what this is all about. Character witness? Can he be cross examined? :waitasec:

I don't think rc was ever an informant in any sense of the word. I was always interested in why they wanted him locked up so badly along with misty, tommy, hope, donna. They wanted to make sure they all remained locked up too. Was it because they didn't want rc threatening anyone on the outside and the others would open up? or was it because they thought rc may be involved with Haleigh disappearing?

Has to be some reason they want him locked up and that is all I can think of at the moment.

Prior arrests, he always got out of it. He always had an attorney. That is the way he is. He doesn't like to lose and will get an attorney before he does anything else. He appears to allude to legal or violent pouncing for anyone crossing him. He is difficult to read due to his emotions and lack of logic.

He would rat anyone out if it benefits him. I prefer the word, rat when describing rc.

This thread makes me laugh. My :laugh:idiot mother-in-law kept bragging to me that her nephew was a special DEA-like police informant. I discovered why the police were visiting her nephew's home frequently after he was busted. He was a narcotics addict and when it benefitted him, he was also a snitch...ooops, I mean police informant.... just like RC.

I don't think rc was ever an informant in any sense of the word. I was always interested in why they wanted him locked up so badly along with misty, tommy, hope, donna. They wanted to make sure they all remained locked up too. Was it because they didn't want rc threatening anyone on the outside and the others would open up? or was it because they thought rc may be involved with Haleigh disappearing?

Has to be some reason they want him locked up and that is all I can think of at the moment.

Prior arrests, he always got out of it. He always had an attorney. That is the way he is. He doesn't like to lose and will get an attorney before he does anything else. He appears to allude to legal or violent pouncing for anyone crossing him. He is difficult to read due to his emotions and lack of logic.

He would rat anyone out if it benefits him. I prefer the word, rat when describing rc.

Whisp hi you, I totally agree RC was never a informant for LE, now he may have snitched on someone to save his own hide but that's different. I do believe on two of the drug counts he slid by with some minimum in home video time. I think he's going to be toast on these drug charges.

It just boggles the mind he's testifying for Hope.

Me too Peli. Snitch. Hope and RC taking a rap for Hope, hmmmmm. Tapes said so though from what I recall.

Thank you, Tainted Angel. :)

One thing that spoke volumes to me was that LE had so many chances to arrest Misty alone, but they waited until they had Ron right there with her.

I personally think that They patiently waited for Misty to turn 18 as now she can be charged as an adult.

I also do not think Ron is dumb enough to do this and get caught. Something is up with him, but just don't know what?

If anything, I believe he was nothing more than a snitch that only ratted people out when it would benefit him. Just my opinion.

I personally think that They patiently waited for Misty to turn 18 as now she can be charged as an adult.

I also do not think Ron is dumb enough to do this and get caught. Something is up with him, but just don't know what?

I totally agree that they waited until Misty was 18. :) They waited well after that to arrest her and Ron, though.

As for Ron's not being dumb enough to do this and get caught, I wouldn't want to guess at the intelligence of anyone who'd leave their children in the care of a girl like Misty, but I guess Ron's downfall might have been more due to his hubris than anything else.

I agree that it does seem a bit too stupid to get caught dealing drugs with your ex when you know very well that the police have got their eye on your ex and maybe you as well. But I'm not sure if we can use our sober standards of intelligence to assess the rationality of their choices because occasionally people who started out as bright do very dumb things when they've been dabbling with drugs long enough.

Does anyone know whether he had a public defender or a hired attorney for his previous offences? If he had a good, hired attorney I can imagine him getting off the hook for some offences. Somehow I just don't buy that he was a snitch...I think that kind of thing happens more frequently on cops shows on TV than to the hundreds of thousands of every day small time drug users like RC who are charged with posession. Its just a little too out there for me. IMO he was not convicted for some other reasons...not sure what they are...rather than because he was a snitch. JMO

[BBM]

Are you serious? This is done all the time in the real world. Without snitches, LE wouldn't get very far. He's snitched in the past and he's snitching now (we heard what the judge said).

I suppose "informant" would be a nice way to say "snitch." In RC's case, it's done only when he wants to bargain for lessor time.

As for GR reading here to come to this conclusion, I doubt it. All one has to do is look at RC's rap sheet, the court records and see what's been going on with his past arrests.

Also, LE could have had Misty at least three times prior to the January bust. They waited for the mastermind, one Ronald L. Cummings. Misty was a mule, plain and simple. Ron had her out front, but got greedy and stupid in the end.

All OMO~

As Ronald's cousin was sentenced for 15 years for her role in these drug deals it suddenly starts to look less and less likely that Ronald arranged all this as an undercover informant out to get Misty in prison. Wouldn't he have subtly hinted that his cousin should stay away from these deals if he knew they were taped?

Ron being in the court today was the same thing as bringing Misty to the river...

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back