2010.04.27 Hope allegedly said "Everyone was supposed to plea the same way"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what she ment, but from her reaction on the phone with her mom , she said she really wasn't paying attention to what her lawyer was saying...which shows she really can't be to concerned about it. Maybe she thought all of the lawyers were in contact and that everyone was going to put in the same plea?

Katrina was trying to explain things to her, but Hope said she was wrong. I honestly don't think she understood what her lawyer was doing pleading no contest. If she didn't understand, is that going to give her a reason to appeal? But since she got the minimum, I don't know what good it would do.

Why does everyone give Misty the excuse for doing all this for Ron and going down for Ron?
Misty is in the video along with the rest of them and her hair is brushed and she looks sober to me and smiling. I do believe she has no one to blame but Misty herself, she isn't going to let him or anyone tell her what to do or say... I think she knows what happened but is ashamed to tell Ron what she did.... that is worse than anything to a girl her age I think,

The demise of Haleigh should be worse than anything any of them should be able to live with. That is the point. While I agree she has no one to blame but herself, she HAS been following Ron's cues throughout this past year. Look deeper and you'll see it. It's all in here. If there was an agreement that Hope seemed to know about that they would all plea the same, apparantly someone changed their mind as if I remember, Misty has plead "not guilty" and so has Ron. The videotape is undisputable as far as I'm concerned and while Misty was counting the pills and money, Ron was munching down on a few in the back seat and seemed darn proud of it. BTW, an oxy user can seem quite together while enjoying their high.

(BBM)

(RE:BBM) Actually I think there's some truth to this and it's exactly what I suspected when I heard Ronald was there in court today to speak on her behalf ( :crazy: ) but he didn't end up getting called on. I think Ronald has played himself up, not only to be powerful himself ("I'm da' man..."), but also acting like he has "friends" in "high" places. I think alot of these people (players in this case), whether because they're young and/or uneducated, are gullible when it comes to Ron and his tales. That is why I personally don't have a hard time believing that Misty/Croslin family fear telling the truth (which I believe is Ron's involvement) - I think Ronald has seriously convinced them that he has the power to bring about some serious repercussions for them if they talk. I'm hoping today's news will help deplete his image... JMHO ~

Hope Sykes, allow me to introduce you to the REAL Ronald Cummings.

I keep thinking about Ron's lawyer talking to Hopes mom.

This might have something to do with the we were supposed to all plead the same way.

I think if Hope had gone to court there would have been a good chance Ron and his using Hope in this drug deal would have been discussed. I mean you can see him giving instructions to Hope in the backseat.

I think Shooey might have wanted her to plead no contest so Ron would not look bad in her trial and I would not have put it passed him to tell her mother he saw a video and Hope had the pills in her hand.

I really think a crime or code violation might have been committed here.

I am not sure what she ment, but from her reaction on the phone with her mom , she said she really wasn't paying attention to what her lawyer was saying...which shows she really can't be to concerned about it. Maybe she thought all of the lawyers were in contact and that everyone was going to put in the same plea?

BBM - there is part of Hope's problem, she probably did not listen to her lawyer any better than she listened to her Mum and she probably also had the same attitude - bad.

Well, how could she pay attention to her lawyer? Wasn't R-O-N-A-L-D in the same room with her? She was just overcome with hero worship at the time!

doobiedoo52 said:
Katrina was trying to explain things to her, but Hope said she was wrong. I honestly don't think she understood what her lawyer was doing pleading no contest. If she didn't understand, is that going to give her a reason to appeal? But since she got the minimum, I don't know what good it would do.

I can't see an appeal being granted just because Hope is stupid.
Inadequate legal counsel...maybe. If RC's atty told her to plead in the hopes of getting Ron a better deal.... I don't think that's an option.

Well, how could she pay attention to her lawyer? Wasn't R-O-N-A-L-D in the same room with her? She was just overcome with hero worship at the time!

I don't think others are in the same room when discussing a plea with a client.

This might have something to do with the we were supposed to all plead the same way.

I think if Hope had gone to court there would have been a good chance Ron and his using Hope in this drug deal would have been discussed. I mean you can see him giving instructions to Hope in the backseat.

I think Shooey might have wanted her to plead no contest so Ron would not look bad in her trial and I would not have put it passed him to tell her mother he saw a video and Hope had the pills in her hand.

I missed that Doc, when did Shoey talk to Hope's mom? AND, if what you suggect is true, it makes perfect sense, especially if I heard correctly on one of the audio tapes where Hope is telling her mother the order in which they're all appearing before the judge, telling her that Ronald appears last and she thinks it's lucky for her to be appearing first vs. Ronald appearing last? Wonder who told her the dates they were all appearing before the judge... Do they have a say in that, or should I word that differently and ask, can a lawyer manipulate or influence his client's court appearance date in any way? If they can and/or did, is Ronald hoping that if MC, TC, DB, and HS plead out, he has a better chance of pleading not-guilty, going before a jury and getting off because those who could testify against him would be considered tainted, so to say, by their own admission. All that leaves is the UC officer(s) and the tape to get around. Wonder what the strategy will be there, hmmm.... any thoughts?

MOO ~

I can't see an appeal being granted just because Hope is stupid.
Inadequate legal counsel...maybe. If RC's atty told her to plead in the hopes of getting Ron a better deal.... I don't think that's an option.

And.....would be totally contradictory to the hypocratic oath of her attorney. He is hired to do what's best for his client. I can tell you this however, I'd never hire this guy after what I've just seen.

Sorry I'm so far behind, but please explain to me...
When did Hope say "we were all supposed to plead the same"?

Assuming today after she was sentenced?

So in other words...Shooey talks with Hopes Mom (which she admits on the recorded phone call). Shooey some how puts a bug in Mom's ear and maybe Mom talks to Hope and something got mis-understood and Hope is assuming everyone will plead the same. Why? Cause Shooey doesn't want his client under oath of any kind to make his case more difficult. Plead guilty = no trial.

I wonder if she had a public defender? Does anyone know for sure? It sounds like she did not understand what taking the plea would mean at all. I think that if this is the case,it happens to a lot more people than we realize. And I am sure she had the added issue of putting way too much credit into whatever Ron had told her, IMO.

I don't think there is much she can do about it, at this point. Most judges will not allow a plea to be retracted and I doubt she really has enough solid info to be of much help in convicting those who need to be convicted in Haleigh's death (no matter what NG said tonight, excuse me for adding). RC certainly would not tell her if he knows what happened. I think Hope is just an added casulty in the saga of hanging with RC...IMO. I even think Misty is a casulty, in a way, as she was not an adult by any means when she hooked up with him. Not excusing anyone in this group, but I do think he is, in their eyes anyway, "the man."

BBM....
This is exactly what I was thinking as well, Hope had no idea and I mean NO IDEA what was going on, she wasn't grasping it at all it could mean grounds for an appeal.... Her lawyer took the easy way out IMO, but I wasn't the one talking and dealing with her either. She might need to appeal and have a competence test done (not being mean here) seriously....

As far as her saying they were all supposed to plead that way, perhaps her Lawyer told her this or they had all talked about it prior to the bust. And her comment about being 10 steps ahead, 10 steps ahead of what ? :waitasec:

Moo of course....

So in other words...Shooey talks with Hopes Mom (which she admits on the recorded phone call). Shooey some how puts a bug in Mom's ear and maybe Mom talks to Hope and something got mis-understood and Hope is assuming everyone will plead the same. Why? Cause Shooey doesn't want his client under oath of any kind to make his case more difficult. Plead guilty = no trial.

Yes, because I think of all the cases Hopes was the weakest.

I don't think they have video of pills in her hand, I don't remember seeing that at all.

I do believe she did go into the house with Misty to get the pills but the UC cop would have a hard time proving that.

I think Misty or Ron told the UC cop that Hope had to come to buy the pills from the supplier but I don't think the cops ever saw that transaction and when they came back to the car Misty had the pills and handed them to Ron.

So the misinfo went out they were all going to plead the same way, that way Ron or Misty would not have to testify in hopes case that she was the one that bought them and Hopes defense could not call into the case Ron and Misty influencing of Hope.

I don't understand why Hopes mom would be talking to Ron's lawyer. I know these people are not legal wizards, but this is pretty common sense. Not only does she listen to Ron's lawyer, she tells her daughter that she was handling pills according to him, and that it's on the video.

Wow, 15 years at age 18 years old.

Are there any healthy family members? Any in Misty or Ronald's family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong