2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

Since there is not a media link for this I will put it under the case calander with a link to this thread. If anyone runs across a media link, please add it or PM and I will add it.

Maybe now she can get on with life to take care of her kids properly. They had no food in the house and Tommy was preaching to her "don't spend any of it in case I can get out". The kids come first. She knows that, she knew it when he said it. She's been used with all the lies and has finally realized the "husband" she was staying with through thick or thin was out gallavanting all over town, spending money that needed to go toward the household and Gawd only knows what else while she was sleeping................was only using her all along. Phew! She's probably feeling very betrayed right about now. How do you stay married to someone you can't trust?

He never grew WITH her as a husband, she's surpassed him in maturity and is driven to do the right thing by her kids. I feel the most sorry for the kids as no matter what, he is their father and they love him. They'll understand more as they get older why Lindsay has gone ahead with this and with enough time, they will be able to get on with thier lives as normally as possible, as all children should.

Lindsey, I did this when my kids were 9 and 5 yrs old. It was the best decision I could make under the circumstances. You'll do just fine.

This might be telling us too that she knows Tommy is going away for a long time.

Lindsey must have made the decision that Tommy was a suitable husband and that he was capable of caring for three children.
I think she now realizes she cannot get that Tommy back.
IMO

Good for her. And while background checks would turn up her former married name, and of course the children will carry that name, being divorced is a sure way to create some distance between her family and the Croslins' mess.

It may also be that she believes he's involved in some way and just won't risk her kids--for which we should commend her.

Once the divorce goes through, Lindsey will be fine.

Name Change Documentation: To request a name change, you must submit legal documentation.
We are unable to accept a driver’s license or a social security card as proof of a name change.
Acceptable forms of documentation are a copy of a marriage license, divorce decree that indicates
the restoration of your maiden name, or a court order.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursing/ap_endorsement-RN-LPN.pdf

Prayers for Lindsey and particularly their children. It is always a difficult time and it hurts the children more than either parent. They love their daddy, I'm sure. But if she's doing the right thing, God bless her. I hate to see families split up, but sometimes it's better for everyone concerned, in the long run.

I think Tommy should be placed on a suicide watch. I think there is a very real possibility he may consider taking his own life now that Lindsy has filed for divorce.

Prayers for Lindsey and particularly their children. It is always a difficult time and it hurts the children more than either parent. They love their daddy, I'm sure. But if she's doing the right thing, God bless her. I hate to see families split up, but sometimes it's better for everyone concerned, in the long run.

Divorce couldn't possibly hurt Lindsy's children more than what they're already going through. These kids have already been separated from their father for months, and at least now they have a chance to move on when Lindsy makes a new life for herself and them.

My two cents.

Diana

I don't even know the woman and I am proud of her! It's hard enough under normal circumsatnces to file for divorce, much less being caught up in this family. I hope for her that she can show her children a different path than what they've grown to know. This is a good first step.
My next hope is that she will be on the states witness list and has told everything about everything and not just running and hiding.
It's funny I'm proud of her and the croslin's that she's fed and housed for years are prolly calling her every name in the book (while being secretly jealous that she got away)jmo

I like to think she did it so she can testify against him :)

Lindsy is making the best choice possible right now
she is putting her kids first
and i wish her all the luck and maybe now her kids can just blend in and not be noticed with the haleigh case

none of these kids should have to live with this mess over there heads

Poor Tommy should have thought about his family before getting involved with MCC,RC and their little friends. IMO,OC

Ever have one of those days/nights when you just said to yourself "Man, I should have just stayed home." I think Tommy may be feeling that right now.
moo

JMO, but Tommy and Misty have been Croslin's since birth and maybe RC is wishing he never got involved with Misty Tommy and their whole family. Like I said this is just my opinion and I also want to say good for Lyndsy and if the divorce is for the right reason's, I am certain she can and will go on to give herself and her children the life good life that they deserve.

Maybe she is the one that finally got the truth out of her husband and passed it on to the proper authorities. I hope that she never doubts her decision and keeps her head up when the road gets rough......and it will.

Lybdsy absolutely did the right thing. Now, those sweet children may have a shot at a decent life. I would imagine Lindsy feels nothing but relief right now.

Good for Lindsy. Am sure there are multiple reasons for the divorce, not just Haleigh.
Did not Tommy pass out in his car from dope after dropping his kids off at the school bus?
That alone could have scared the dickens out of Lindsy. He could have passed out prior to dropping the kids off.

BBM In some cases Judges will allow the childrens last names to be changed. This case is national and if ToC is charged and convicted in the murder of Haleigh he will be gone for a long time if not forever. That would be a good case if she wanted them to be Collins in the future.

Happily, too, I can say for certain that I am the only one in my family or circle of friends who follows this case. You could say little Haleigh's name to any of them and just get a blank look.There is a good chance that Lindsey can go elsewhere and almost never be recognised, especially as time passes.

I hope she gets good counseling so she doesn't end up in an identical relationship. She deserves better and so do the children.

My first reaction was this is a ploy to get a certain someone to come clean: an ultimatum. With so many lies flying around, if our heads are spinning, I cannot imagine what she is going through. I"m sure she's heard more stories, and has just as many theories as we all do! My only hope is that she is putting her children first, and doing what is in their best interest. This is definately a good first step. MOO.

In researching this case, it appears tommy was into pot before 2009. He did not have any record of drugs and his page was pretty clean.

His problems started after Feb 2009, when drugs seem to take hold of him. He started drifting, imo. The guilt he was carrying around may have been more than he could handle.

I don't know how Lindsy could have missed it. She must have been blind. Tommy must have ran the household and lindsy went along for the ride is my guess. I just don't get it. She must be very co-dependent.

She is finally taking the steps necessary for her life to change. Kudos to her.

Good for Lindsy. Am sure there are multiple reasons for the divorce, not just Haleigh.
Did not Tommy pass out in his car from dope after dropping his kids off at the school bus?
That alone could have scared the dickens out of Lindsy. He could have passed out prior to dropping the kids off.

Yes, and LE sent DCF a copy of the incident report so Lindsey has them to answer to now.

He sure did! :dance: That's why I hurried to get it in the forum for him before AH could claim an exclusive! LOL!

Well, when he tries, at least this time we'll know who his "source" is!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back