2010.05.11 - Casey Anthony Death Penalty Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy to address this, but I'm not sure what you're asking. Wouldn't the job of the SA be the same in any jurisdiction?

I may be too late in posting this but I have the strongest urge to shout "Don't open that door AZlawyer - you don't know what is behind it" :angel:

Well considering that Florida was the first state to add victims rights to its state constitution and that the State Attorneys office has a Victim Witness Services division. Also considering that Florida statues have an entire chapter in their laws devoted to victims of crime. Well I would say it's a safe bet that one could interpret the SA as being a voice for victims in a criminal matter.

Link to SA office and Division of Victim Services:
http://sa18.state.fl.us/vicsvcs/vicwit.htm

Link to Florida Constitution regarding victims rights:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?Mode=Constitution&Submenu=3&Tab=statutes#A01S16

Link to Florida statutes on victims of crime:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/in...tm&StatuteYear=2006&Title=->2006->Chapter 960

Thank you. I am aware of all these services (which we also have), but this is not the information that I was referencing :)

I watched the hearing while I was attempting to cook this morning and just reviewed the raw video.

My personal observations of ICA "tears" were tears for herself. The first batch was a repeat of prior hearings where she "shed" a few. Wipe, wipe, lookie, lookie, grab a tissue, wipe, lookie, wipe, wipe, lookie-lookie. She only wears mascara so she is able to actually view a black "tear" on the tissue.

She exhibits "normal" responses only when she is told to do them by JB or AL(s). She exhibits her anger when the current situation isn't going her way, i.e. getting red in the face, grabbing her hands/fingers. That is when her emotions are real for her. Then she moves on to responding when told to again by either JB or AL(s).

She was, I feel, pondering whether Jeff was going to do a repeat of how the state believes Caylee was murdered by ICA when AL(s) was giving her speech on the states lack to inform the defense on the whys and wheres the DP came about. She was sweating bullets and swallowing hard on that one.

It's all about ICA, no one else. She had to wear the same clothing as yesterday. She had to be in a chair in a court room where she didn't want to be. She had to acknowledge CA when she didn't want to. She had to shed tears on demand. She was forced to perform, not by her choice.

Casey's phony-baloney tears are revolting considering the fact that she didn't shed one single tear for Caylee while she was talking (lying through her huge teeth) to LE, the FBI, or in jail house phone calls with George & Cindy.

In fact, Casey was giggling, actually giggling out loud when she asked George why Cindy was crying! :rolleyes:

Who does that sort of stuff?

Casey is seriously mentally impaired, obviously not to the degree of legal mental insanity, but just enough to be a cold, calculating, heartless shell, void of love, compassion or concern not only for Caylee, but for her parents as well.

To add further. Here is the mission statement for the Florida State Attorneys Office.

"To pursue vigorous and fair prosecution of criminal cases, with a commitment to serve as an advocate for the rights of all victims, and promote the safety and well-being of the public."

repeated:

The mission of our office is threefold:
1. To pursue vigorous and fair prosecution of criminal cases.
2. To advocate for the rights of all victims.
3. To promote the safety and well-being of the public.

The vision of the State Attorneys Office for Florida.

Vision

"To excel and be acknowledged as a leader in providing quality prosecution, exceptional service to victims, and for our work in partnership with the community in providing early intervention and preventive education programs for juveniles, consistent with the safety and well-being of the public."

http://sa18.state.fl.us/mission/mvv.htm

In short...yes the SA's office is an advocate for the victim.

I may be too late in posting this but I have the strongest urge to shout "Don't open that door AZlawyer - you don't know what is behind it" :angel:

I think it's too late.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what the heck the point of all of it is????:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

what mean comments about AL's appearance, apparently her figure from behind doesn't meet some people's requirements? Whatever. Heaven forbid anyone should make the sort of commentary about the prosecutors as goes on about the defense attorneys.
Making fun of stuttering, their figure, mispronunciations, etc. Oh well.
IIRC...weren't there comments about JA's eye-rolling...or was that anothe DA? Personally...I welcome a little bit of brevity...and eyewitness accounts (so to speak)...I feel like I'm there 'cause I have yet to watch the hearing.

To add further. Here is the mission statement for the Florida State Attorneys Office.

"To pursue vigorous and fair prosecution of criminal cases, with a commitment to serve as an advocate for the rights of all victims, and promote the safety and well-being of the public."

repeated:

The mission of our office is threefold:
1. To pursue vigorous and fair prosecution of criminal cases.
2. To advocate for the rights of all victims.
3. To promote the safety and well-being of the public.

The vision of the State Attorneys Office for Florida.

Vision

"To excel and be acknowledged as a leader in providing quality prosecution, exceptional service to victims, and for our work in partnership with the community in providing early intervention and preventive education programs for juveniles, consistent with the safety and well-being of the public."

http://sa18.state.fl.us/mission/mvv.htm

In short...yes the SA's office is an advocate for the victim.

Thank you!

I was referencing your summarization wherein you stated:

"The first sentence says it all.

Seeking justice for an innocent two year old murder victim. That's about as pure as it gets."

I am very thankful for the information and links you posted of course. I was merely pointing out that it is my opinion that the SAs job is to seek justice. Sadly, the notion of justice encompasses MUCH more than the the victim, in this case Caylee :(

I will assume that there is no such thread here. I think it would be helpful for others to understand the roles of key players and certain procedures within the judicial system. This may make the coming trial a little less emotionally charged I think. JMO of course...lol..maybe one day I will start a thread in here somewhere :innocent:

BBM. Sounds like a good idea. I was under the impression that this thread is about today's hearing.:(

As State employees, surely they are salaried.

From what I can tell thus far, yes in Florida it is a salary position, sorry for the thinking out loud :)

ETA: I read "state attorneys" and can not find the link now, but upon deeper thought processing have come to the conclusion that they must have meant public defenders who are aslo "state attorneys" lol!

and who cares what the bloggers say anyway?

Unless, of course, they have a good idea. . .

LOL! JB does! cause allegedly we sit around and evaluate cell phone records to determine the amount of sleep KC was getting during those infamous 30/31 days.
he scoffed at this, but looking at the sheer number of texts that were being sent and rec'd how can someone be sleeping? Is "sleep texting" possible? :waitasec:
we "bloggers" must have hit a nerve there! :woohoo:

Not only that, but the one person who saw her with Caylee more than anyone else, (Cindy) called her an unfit mother and talked to her co workers about taking custody away. You do not do that on a whim.

And yet nobody call child services. You would think if Cindy wanted custody she would realize she needed some kind of documented proof. I called CPS on one of my relatives, because she left her two year old with a 10 year old. I called them and they told me to go get the kid. When my relative called me, asking me where the baby was, I told her CPS said don't give her back. I gave the baby to her father, and helped him win custody. My relative didn't talk to me for a couple of years but she eventually thanked me because she realized she wasn't mature enough to raise a child yet.

And yet nobody call child services. You would think if Cindy wanted custody she would realize she needed some kind of documented proof. I called CPS on one of my relatives, because she left her two year old with a 10 year old. I called them and they told me to go get the kid. When my relative called me, asking me where the baby was, I told her CPS said don't give her back. I gave the baby to her father, and helped him win custody. My relative didn't talk to me for a couple of years but she eventually thanked me because she realized she wasn't mature enough to raise a child yet.

Which just goes to show that Cindy didn't advocate for Caylee before she was murdered any better than she has since she was murdered.

Cindy was all about tiptoeing around and pleasing Casey, and still is.

Men can be scantily clad as well, they just rarely do it in a mixed-company night club. But why does that matter anyway? Didn't JP imply yesterday that KC's attire should not be the sole reason for using the pictures?

Dont't forget to include while their toddler is missing for 31 days !!

[/B]

BBM. Sounds like a good idea. I was under the impression that this thread is about today's hearing.:(

Me too :) I of course apologized for the initial OT where I asked if such a thread existed. I should have known it would spiral WAY out THERE though.

It would be nice for everyone to know what to expect during these pre trial hearings and the upcoming trial. It isnt all Law and Order/CSI as some would like to believe. Justice is not only about the victim when it comes to the legal terminology/processes/systems, as much as most people would like it to be :(

Hi again campers. Am I alone in really really being intrigued by GA's absence today? Has he missed any hearings previously?

Certainly he may be working. Maybe his employer wouldn't allow him to take time off two consecutive days in a row. But if he had to choose only one, why on earth wouldn't he want to be there to show support during the DP hearing?

And in his absence suddenly KC makes eye contact/telegraphs messages to CA. Hmmmm. :waitasec:

Wouldn't it be interesting if GA became the first Anthony to "cross the aisle" and sit on Caylee's side? Of course even there he won't be safe from the looming bus, but it would make a statement.

Me too :) I of course apologized for the initial OT where I asked if such a thread existed. I should have known it would spiral WAY out THERE though.

It would be nice for everyone to know what to expect during these pre trial hearings and the upcoming trial. It isnt all Law and Order/CSI as some would like to believe. Justice is not only about the victim when it comes to the legal terminology/processes/systems, as much as most people would like it to be :(

I know I referred to television as my sources, but I also explained that I was learning. To twist my words and make it seem like I was using television as the source of a true belief system, and not just a way of conveying my lack of education, is insulting to say the least.

:twocents:

Hi again campers. Am I alone in really really being intrigued by GA's absence today? Has he missed any hearings previously?

Certainly he may be working. Maybe his employer wouldn't allow him to take time off two consecutive days in a row. But if he had to choose only one, why on earth wouldn't he want to be there to show support during the DP hearing?

And in his absence suddenly KC makes eye contact/telegraphs messages to CA. Hmmmm. :waitasec:

Wouldn't it be interesting if GA became the first Anthony to "cross the aisle" and sit on Caylee's side? Of course even there he won't be safe from the looming bus, but it would make a statement.

You're not alone. It seems like a big deal to me, too. Especially since he and cindy have been so consistent in attending every hearing; it's not as if they just randomly show up here and there whenever they can. His absence spoke volumes to me, but about what, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member