2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

[SIZE=3 said:
Macushla[/SIZE];6105493]I had the unique opportunity (sorry could not resist) to work as a volunteer at the 1994 AAFS annual meeting in San Antonio.

It is not easy to even find particular seminars if you didn't have the program to follow and know exactly which conference room each seminar was held in. There were hundrds and hundreds of people walking around every day, some with name tags, some without. Visitors are welcome to mingle, if they can even find the person they want to mingle with. If I remember correctly - it was a long time ago - the only time almost everyone is at the same place at the same time is the annual business meeting, and it is a sea of people all going into one room at the same time.

I wish JB luck in tracking down an finding his experts. Unless he knows that they will be presenting at a particular seminar, it will be like finding a needle ( a needle that does not want to be found, in my opinion) in a haystack.

Macushla:

BBM You stated and presented it SO much CLEARER than I did! :twocents: The only "change" I'd :innocent: add is that "security" per se is a tiny bit tighter and the freedom to roam like buffalo on the prairie is practiced at the exhibit hall (but how many "civilians" really want to be brought up to speed on the latest in morgue tilt tables,or "bug" fixative, shooting gel, tissue degreaser, :waitasec: or .......wait for it......"sniffer stuff" & Baez's forensic Fla. vacuum cleaners"?)
Let's recognize facts folks, with ALL the FACE TIME Baez has had recently, the experts in question will be dodging his bullet in a PUBLIC forum!:floorlaugh:

HMMMM just a thought but maybe Baez can hire Henry C Lee, Ph. D. to "find" his missing experts @ AAFS and charge THAT service off to JAC! :truce:

How about showing up for court in a blouse the same orange shade used for inmate
jumpsuits ........ IRONIC

Sorry Mods for being :eek:fftopic: but I couldn't resist responding.....

Sharpar....I thought the orange shirt was a lovely way for CA to stick it to ICA.....IF that is what the orange symbolized....:twocents:

Macushla:

BBM You stated and presented it SO much CLEARER than I did! :twocents: The only "change" I'd :innocent: add is that "security" per se is a tiny bit tighter and the freedom to roam like buffalo on the prairie is practiced at the exhibit hall (but how many "civilians" really want to be brought up to speed on the latest in morgue tilt tables,or "bug" fixative, shooting gel, tissue degreaser, :waitasec: or .......wait for it......"sniffer stuff" & Baez's forensic Fla. vacuum cleaners"?)
Let's recognize facts folks, with ALL the FACE TIME Baez has had recently, the experts in question will be dodging his bullet in a PUBLIC forum!:floorlaugh:

[I]HMMMM just a thought but maybe Baez can hire Henry C Lee, Ph. D. to "find" his missing experts @ AAFS and charge THAT service off to JAC! :truce:[/I]

reBBM: Dr. Lee might be able to find 17 more experts for JB somewhere!!!

Okay, so just happen to be paging (again with hope )thru the AAFS advance program (hush y'all, it was buried under piles of "stuff") and look what I found for an "unique opportunity" for Baez to have a "chit chat".......and pick up some CME hours!

JURISPRUDENCE

Thursday — Session I
Forensics 101

Using a Faceless Murder Victim to Illustrate Crap Tests, Quackery, and Incompetence
in Using or Not Using Forensic Entomology​
Leon G. Higley, PhD*; Timothy E. Huntington, PhD; Neal H. Haskell, PhD

Now for ONCE I am NOT going to provide ANY editorial comment from my peanut gallery venue but ....... :blushing::fencefall::fireworks::devil: IF JB tried to ingage EITHER of these gentlemen during the session!

I came over to this thread because this post was recommended (Thank you!) and now I see why!! Holy Guacamole!!!!

So JB is the "What not to do" example in this seminar????? It's like an "I Love Lucy" episode where they buy her book and publish it as "what not to do as a writer" book!!!!! So does he walk in and they all point and laugh???? Can I be there?

It just sounds to me that Baez is trying a last ditch attempt to come face to face with his experts and ask them why they are not returning his calls. DUH.
If the unique opportunity to have them share opinions on new facts were all he needed he could always use a conference call.
Oh, that's right- they won't come to the phone...:floorlaugh:

Is CM planning on attending the conference? I can just see him holding a crate of Florida Oranges and a sign that says:

"Anything will help. God Bless."

Is CM planning on attending the conference? I can just see him holding a crate of Florida Oranges and a sign that says:

"Anything will help. God Bless."

:floorlaugh: Or better yet. "Looking for experts who will work for oranges in lieu of 'slave wages'." Do we really think he will attend now? What purpose would it serve when he could be working on getting ready for trial?

:floorlaugh: Or better yet. "Looking for experts who will work for oranges in lieu of 'slave wages'." Do we really think he will attend now? What purpose would it serve when he could be working on getting ready for trial?

Why Lambchop I am so surprised that such a question could be asked. He is getting a list of names of experts who are willing to testify at his NEXT high profile case, of course. (<----------sarcasm)

To be serioius though, while many of the attendees are going to hear seminars and learn new techniques in their particular fields, this meeting is also an excellent place to network with any number of people who they feel would be or could be helpful to them in the future.

Maybe he's been dyin to go to The Billy Goat tavern?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:twocents: Just an FYI: NOW everybody here (that I've "contaminated":floorlaugh:) wants to attend, despite blasted ice, snow, cold, or WHATEVER mother nature might send BUT TO STALK JOSE! with a super duper spy camera and Kathie B. as a "ride-along"! Staffing issues dictate that unfortunately, it won't be meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening: (TOS prohibits any further comments :innocent: but fell free to vocalize for me!:banghead: )

Gee, maybe in 2015 Jose will be a "FEATURED SPEAKER" @ AAFS when they return to Orlando!

:twocents: Just an FYI: NOW everybody here (that I've "contaminated":floorlaugh:) wants to attend, despite blasted ice, snow, cold, or WHATEVER mother nature might send BUT TO STALK JOSE! with a super duper spy camera and Kathie B. as a "ride-along"! Staffing issues dictate that unfortunately, it won't be meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening: (TOS prohibits any further comments :innocent: but fell free to vocalize for me!:banghead: )

Gee, maybe in 2015 Jose will be a "FEATURED SPEAKER" @ AAFS when they return to Orlando!

You're really funny. Now I have this vision in my head of hundreds of people showing up in the hotel lobby wearing trenchcoats and black sunglasses speaking into their lapels. lol

Joypath I love your use of the smilies :D

You're really funny. Now I have this vision in my head of hundreds of people showing up in the hotel lobby wearing trenchcoats and black sunglasses speaking into their lapels. lol

Then whipping open those trench coats and flashing em, "Arte Johnson" style, with a sign hanging from their necks that says, 'NEW EVIDENCE", and an arrow, pointing "south"......:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

How FUNNY would it be if Kathi B decided to attend for the soul reason of keeping tabs on Baez !!!!

Then whipping open those trench coats and flashing em, "Arte Johnson" style, with a sign hanging from their necks that says, 'NEW EVIDENCE", and an arrow, pointing "south"......:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hahahaha! Toooo funny!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Awwwww Joypath, I am so sorry your employer doesn't want you to attend such a prestigious event - couldn't you plead your case that JB is an enigma (sic?) amoeba that needs to be fully explored for the protection of the entire planet from having to ever have to deal with such a "character"? I will write you a note if that would help! I say "staffing issues" suck!

< Note to self! Stay Out of this thread!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

All the reports are due before the conference so whats the point now. Jeeeesh it`s not fair. :great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back