2010.06.01 - Defense Motion for Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM-Dominic Casey said the same thing.

Didn't the state hand over the FBI's follow-ups as far as tips? What exactly are they looking for now? Tip Line only? Calls directly to the PD? Someone at the store tapping Yuri on the shoulder with info.? How about tips called in directly to the Anthony's that CA passed along?
I am not sure what exactly they are referring to, anyone help me with this?

My favorite tip is the voicemail left for YMelich by 'anonymous.' Anonymous sure sounds like Cindy, and anonymous says KC could not have acted alone.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sideba...o_recordings_released_by_law_enforcement.html

(See YMelich voicemail from anonymous in the audio listing...LA's VM is very interesting, too)

Wow, I had never heard those voicemails! That "anonymous" one is totally CA!!! Longwinded, using extra words to convey one idea, the inflection and pronunciation of words. Duh!! Who did she think she was fooling? Oh wait, the A's are all much smarter than the rest of us, especially LE.

On the one hand, it is what any defense attorney would do...so even if a tip said, "A woman claimed the cookie monster kidnapped Caylee..." and it wasn't investigated...in court, under direct cross examination of LE by the defense (any cop that tracked down a lead/didn't), the defense could hope to prove to the jury, "See KC has to be innocent of the charge because this tip wasn't investigated thoroughly..." or they will just simply go the OJ route and say, the tips may have been investigated but KC was their A#1 suspect all along and the cops had tunnel vision and refused to truly look at anyone else...

It is still spaghetti at the wall theory. See what resonnates with the jury. This doesn't concern me though. Most reasonable people do not expect one LE officer to be assigned to every tip...I worked the phones voluntarily in Houston for one week after 911 and trust me...tracking each and every tip down...is not a realistic thought. But tips can be categorized into credible or non-credible...so...

BBM-Dominic Casey said the same thing.

Didn't the state hand over the FBI's follow-ups as far as tips? What exactly are they looking for now? Tip Line only? Calls directly to the PD? Someone at the store tapping Yuri on the shoulder with info.? How about tips called in directly to the Anthony's that CA passed along?
I am not sure what exactly they are referring to, anyone help me with this?

My favorite tip is the voicemail left for YMelich by 'anonymous.' Anonymous sure sounds like Cindy, and anonymous says KC could not have acted alone.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sideba...o_recordings_released_by_law_enforcement.html

(See YMelich voicemail from anonymous in the audio listing...LA's VM is very interesting, too)
Can you clue me in where I can find the voicemail?

On the one hand, it is what any defense attorney would do...so even if a tip said, "A woman claimed the cookie monster kidnapped Caylee..." and it wasn't investigated...in court, under direct cross examination of LE by the defense (any cop that tracked down a lead/didn't), the defense could hope to prove to the jury, "See KC has to be innocent of the charge because this tip wasn't investigated thoroughly..." or they will just simply go the OJ route and say, the tips may have been investigated but KC was their A#1 suspect all along and the cops had tunnel vision and refused to truly look at anyone else...

It is still spaghetti at the wall theory. See what resonnates with the jury. This doesn't concern me though. Most reasonable people do not expect one LE officer to be assigned to every tip...I worked the phones voluntarily in Houston for one week after 911 and trust me...tracking each and every tip down...is not a realistic thought. But tips can be categorized into credible or non-credible...so...

Sounds to me like Defense Lawyers are just doing their job. Anything and everything can help them come trial time. At any rate, I believe that the Defense should have the same information the State has. thats my opinion.

Ps Having spaghetti with nts can be fun

Well fishing may be okay. When you believe your client is innocent and the State believes she is guilty, your going to look at things differently. Problem is, is that the state whom thinks the client is guilty, is the keeper of the data. The law clearly supports the defenses right to discovery. The defense should have the right to look over the data and see if Le missed anything important. Call it fishing if you will. Obviously the Le did not take Rk tip serious enough to go down into the water and check it out. So in my opinion, the Le has shown me that they don't always act as though it is important. IE the Rk tip, IE the JJ tip, sealing the pontiac. A fishing we must go. IMO
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the defense of the mindset that they got their man when they found out about RK? I know some here were convinced he was the guy. Do you think they were wrong focusing on RK? Do you think they cleared him? I'm thinking they must have 'cause now they're looking for someone/something else.

I am curious about this subject in particular. Do you know if the state has recieved discovery from the defense? How will we know that and how is it recorded and where do we go to find out such information?

For instance: If the defense turned over a witness list.

If the defense turned over photos of Kc and Caylee in a loving manner to show she was a caring mother.

If the defense turned over Morts interview with JJ.

How would we find out?

Also, if it is tied to Attorney client privilege, would we ever see that discovery?

Also, I remember a poster, who said the state will never turn over exculpatory evidence. Don't know if he was right, but I have not seen much of that in discovery.

If an searcher emailed Ym saying that he searched that area and the body wasnt there. Way back in Dec of 08, I would consider that exculpatory evidence that should have been turned over in discover a long time ago. IMO

So, how could we possibly know when the defense turns over discovery if the state won't release exculpatory discovery?????????
IMHO if the defense had any exculpatory evidence they would have leaked it a loooooong time ago.

I remember the specific house by a gang thing, but think that was part of earlier doc dump and not part of that tip dump.

Question: If they release it to the defense in a cd format for 1000 dollars, how does the defense go through each and every tip and only buy the ones they need? I am seeing this being discussed, and was wondering how this is possible? Can they go down there and just flag the ones they need and have the sherrifs office make a new cd with only the tips they want? And charge less? thanks and hope you know.
I believe they released it in CD format upon the request of the defense to have all tips. I thought that JB once upon a time...a very long time ago...had the opportunity to go through the actual tips...but may be mistaken.

ETA: This "tip" thing is just another distraction IMO. JB had private detective(s) working for him...you would think he/they would have found something valuable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the defense of the mindset that they got their man when they found out about RK? I know some here were convinced he was the guy. Do you think they were wrong focusing on RK? Do you think they cleared him? I'm thinking they must have 'cause now they're looking for someone/something else.

I think Rk is part of this whole tip thing. I do not think they are done focusing on Rk. Rk the tip guy is not cleared. We have not even seen Rk ex wife depo yet. I think they are simply looking for anything that can help them. They still have the other half of Rk depo to do. That is scheduled in August I believe. There is much more to talk about Rk, but it would be in another thread. Everything I said, is my opinion.

I think I remember a witness saying that she saw Kc talking to her daughter in walmart. I am sure these tips were released, but there must be more. IMO
There were...pages and pages...they're in the docs.

except the only fishing baez has done has been with a fishing pole. If he'd actually, you know, do some work, he might be able to come up with a defense! And yes, le should ignore the huge amount of circumstantial evidence to follow every little bitty trail on the very minute possibility that someone else did this. They don't have the time or the manpower to chase down every bit of craziness in this case. My god, this case would take forever if they did and they surely would be deserving of promotions for doing it.

Fishing is never okay. Fishing means the defense has nothing else and only wants to find something, anything to point at that distracts the jury from the truth. Le doesn't have time for that. Le only follows other leads when it's necessary. It's not their job to clear casey anthony, nor is it the state's job to clear her either. Now if something substantial enough came up to suggest someone else, they shouldn't ignore that, but nothing like that has happened in this case. And neither of them are myserious "keepers of data" that just want to put innocent people in prison.

Also, casey got herself into this, got in deep, and now she can't get out. I am tired of seeing people wanting to blame everyone else for where she is when she is the one who got herself there through all of the lies to police and everyone she talked to. Now if her parents want to hire a competent investigator to find another real suspect, they should do that on their own time, or baez should be doing that for casey. Le is doing their job thoroughly in continuing to investigate casey. There is simply no good reason to keep going after kronk or anyone else.

And of course, if people that believe she might be innocent also want to help them do that, then by all means, they should do that. If it can be miraculously proven that casey didn't do it, i am all for that. Show me the proof that she didn't do it. Please, i beg anybody to do that. The reason so many people believe she did it is because there just isn't a shred of proof that she didn't, and she sure doesn't act like she's innocent or give anyone a reason to believe her one iota.

Plus, if she were innocent, she would not still be in jail with a flailing defense. And hell, even her own defense just admitted that she probably killed caylee but didn't dispose of the body, a total 360 from saying she's innocent and we'll see the proof at trial. The defense can go fishing all they want, i mean for criminee's sake they want freaking bench notes. They can't find proof in the actual forensics to set her free! All they want to do is character assassination and say it's "junk science". That's all they have!

The sa nor anyone else needs to hand walk the defense through this. They shouldn't just get an all access pass to whatever they want. The prosecution is still waiting for something, anything from the defense because they haven't received zip. Why aren't more people worried about that? Is that fair that the defense is holding back everything they have but the sa should just give them everything? How is that going to lead to justice here?

If people want real justice, they have to have faith in the entire system and stop villanizing one side. No one is ever going to find justice in any case as long as he or she keeps blaming le and sa for every little thing that goes wrong or isn't done right. I have total faith that they are dotting every t and every i and making darn sure they do this right the first time around. If anything should be of worry in this case, it should be the fumbling, bumbling, still got nothing defense - they are the ones doing a real disservice to casey, not le or sa.

And i do want her to have a competent defense because i want this whole thing to be fair. I don't want to hear years of whining about an incompetent defense or god forbid she actually gets her conviction overturned because of it. I do wish the defense would just buckle down and do their job for once because i am sick and tired of them delaying and not doing anything to help out casey one bit. If they want to go through thousands upon thousands of tips and quit whining and delaying for once, i would be ecstatic to see them to do that even though they probably won't find anything. At least they'd be freaking working for once.

All of this is imo.
bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Rk is part of this whole tip thing. I do not think they are done focusing on Rk. Rk the tip guy is not cleared. We have not even seen Rk ex wife depo yet. I think they are simply looking for anything that can help them. They still have the other half of Rk depo to do. That is scheduled in August I believe. There is much more to talk about Rk, but it would be in another thread. Everything I said, is my opinion.
You're probably right about RK. If they don't find another tip that takes them to someone else they may re-focus on him. I just don't know how that jives with CM stating, "I'm not saying Casey didn't kill her daughter." (my words)

Sounds to me like Defense Lawyers are just doing their job. Anything and everything can help them come trial time. At any rate, I believe that the Defense should have the same information the State has. thats my opinion.

Ps Having spaghetti with nts can be fun
I agree...let them knock themselves out looking through 5000 tips. I just wish they would lock into a theory 'cause at this late date they seem clueless as to what happened. Personally, I don't understand why they just didn't ask their client.

Like all the 911 calls related to this case. Also, JJ said they called in police for some clothes they found out at Blanchard park. I don't remember seeing that in the tips. How many times were police dispatched? I am amazed at how fast Ng gets a 911 tape for her show. IMO Moo
There were tips released of clothes found all over the place.

Well, I am thinking there is more. I can't see the defense putting in motions for something they already have. Thats my opinion. Makes sense.
NTS...now that they have the $$$ to get the tips...what do you think they'll complain about next?

Bolded: This is what I am talking about. Is it not most likely that anything that the defense turns over to Sa will fall under one of these exemptions?
I'm not understanding the whole attorney/client thing. Are you saying the only stuff the defense has is what Casey has told them?

Are you sure he wasn't claiming that the tips that were turned over that he paid for were only phsyco tips? He was asking for all tips, not just phsyco tips? Thats what it sounded like to me. It sounded like someone down at the Sherrifs office is playing games with the tips. Finally Sa steps in and coppies all tips and makes them available, but not until after the game has been played? that is my take. The Judge steps in and provides the money after the defense request as so ordered. I don't think I am missing anything here. The defense complained that they have not had access to all tips, the Judge and the Sa acknowledged that and are now after many months providing the full list of tips. Thats the way I understand it. IMO
If I remember correctly, he only had a balance due of $200. (or was it 6?) I'm sure he could have come up with that. It seems now that he's gotten reimbursed and then some.

Bold mine.

Well, NTS, the problem here is that the defense doesn't have the tips...and why not?, you may ask...because they are too lazy and cheap to get off their arses and go pick them up. They could have had them for over a year, but no....all they do is complain that they don't have them and do nothing about getting them. Should one of us go pick the tips up and hand deliver them to Jose? That is not how normal attorneys work.

Many here have explained this whole process to you, but you just don't seem to get it, so I give up. I get tired of all the "the SA and LE are not playing fair" stuff. If you don't see how the defense is behaving, then I guess you will just be real surprised at trial time when the jury finds "one Miss Anthony" guilty as charged.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the defense have a valid reason for their actions to try to get these tips. IMO

I certainly appreciate posters efforts to explain the process to all of us. Sometimes we just need to hammer it out. It needs to make sense to me. If the state coppied the tips that already were charged for and sold them to Jb for 1500.00 whom will pay for it with state money, then the state is charging the state for double coppies. That just does not make sense to me. There must be more tips in this last batch. IMO

Hope no one gives up, sometimes hammering out the details can be frustrating, but better now so there are not any surprises come trial. Your right, I will be surprised if she is found guilty since I still see no evidence of pre mediated murder to date. IMO

I respectfully disagree. I believe the defense have a valid reason for their actions to try to get these tips. IMO

I certainly appreciate posters efforts to explain the process to all of us. Sometimes we just need to hammer it out. It needs to make sense to me. If the state coppied the tips that already were charged for and sold them to Jb for 1500.00 whom will pay for it with state money, then the state is charging the state for double coppies. That just does not make sense to me. There must be more tips in this last batch. IMO

Hope no one gives up, sometimes hammering out the details can be frustrating, but better now so there are not any surprises come trial. Your right, I will be surprised if she is found guilty since I still see no evidence of pre mediated murder to date. IMO
I'd be surprised if JB pays for it with State money...because it's already been paid for. He'll probably just put it in the till.

ETA: IMO, the hammering part...not really necessary. Sometimes things are exactly as they appear. Now we'll just have to wait and see what JB makes of all these tips. JB can move on. It'll be three years once the trial begins...the defense has wasted enough time.

Are you sure he wasn't claiming that the tips that were turned over that he paid for were only phsyco tips? He was asking for all tips, not just phsyco tips? Thats what it sounded like to me. It sounded like someone down at the Sherrifs office is playing games with the tips. Finally Sa steps in and coppies all tips and makes them available, but not until after the game has been played? that is my take. The Judge steps in and provides the money after the defense request as so ordered. I don't think I am missing anything here. The defense complained that they have not had access to all tips, the Judge and the Sa acknowledged that and are now after many months providing the full list of tips. Thats the way I understand it. IMO

JB rewrites things to confuse folks. So your take, is most likely what he wants you to 'take.' But that doesn't mean that it's the correct history. Just what he wants folks to believe.

You haven't missed anything. The defense complained. That is all there is to it. It doesn't mean they have a real reason to complain. Only that they have complained, for a nice media bit. THAT is the only game going on. The someone playing games is JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member