2010.06.01 - Personal Experience at the Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting about Jim - thank you!

While producing news, talk, and reality shows, Jim has taught hundreds of people how to get their message across while being effective interview subjects. Now, as a Co-Founder of J2SC, he brings that experience directly to clients who are preparing to face the glare of TV lights.

http://www.j2sc.com/jiml.htm

Did anyone say where Casey was today?

Thanks for the great behind the scenes tid-bits.

Mel

Interesting indeed... Baez is a member of the J2SC Group on Facebook.

Is Cheney Mason hard to understand or to make sense of what he is saying? When I was watching the hearing today I had a hard time listening to him for some reason. I wondered if it was just me or if a jury would have a difficult time following or listening to him too.

I have kept wondering why on earth the defense is so hung up on the public not knowing who is visiting KC...could the person he wants kept hidden from the public be the Jim guy? The first thing I thought of was someone talking to her, getting her life story for a movie or book. The lawyers wouldnt want that out there since she is claiming no money. Is that possible? Could they claim "work product" if she is telling her story for a book or movie & telling what happened??

I was wondering if it is solely because Casey doesn't want CA / GA to know who is ALLOWED to visit her since they "aren't". Something she holds over them...but would JB bother to appease her in that fashion by petitioning for it to be sealed? Do they want to keep it out of the public if LA is visiting her regularly / is he on the "not allowed as per Casey list"??

(is this for video visits like family get or is the list they want to keep sealed Lawyer, Pastor, those types only?)
It also crossed my mind they are bringing in their own "shrink" type expert...but that is a very good idea, as well (trying to profit! how did that one escape me.)

The guard came over to the "prosecution side" and made a woman leave briefly. My thought was it was a gum chewing incident. Cindy continued chewing the whole hearing and the guard didn't pay her any attention. They are gum-nazis with everyone else.

I'm sure CA's got a prescription for her gum from her doctor. CA does not play by the rules as we all know.

just read that KC tripped and chipped her tooth -- which is why she wasn't in court today. Poor thang.

Mel

I heard she tripped on her ankle chains coming off the elevator. She split her lip too, and banged her head. Maybe somebody should tell ICA she most likely will have lots of falls in general population if her death sentence gets reduced to LWOP. From what I understand the dentists in prisons don't do cosmetic dentistry. Poor ICA will just get a file down on that nasty chipped tooth. I guess we won't see ICA grinning at JB anymore.

I heard she tripped on her ankle chains coming off the elevator. She split her lip too, and banged her head. Maybe somebody should tell ICA she most likely will have lots of falls in general population if her death sentence gets reduced to LWOP. From what I understand the dentists in prisons don't do cosmetic dentistry. Poor ICA will just get a file down on that nasty chipped tooth. I guess we won't see ICA grinning at JB anymore.

I know in LA if you're under a sheriff's watch (ie, to/fro court) you will get the care as needed asap. Now if you knock out another inmate or get in a brawl, LE will take their own sweet time to take care of ya. You can bet JB will have KC's tooth fixed pronto.

MOO

Mel

Could Baez be wanting to send in a psychologist to assess Casey for diminished responsibility for the penalty phase? Just a thought.

Is Cheney Mason hard to understand or to make sense of what he is saying? When I was watching the hearing today I had a hard time listening to him for some reason. I wondered if it was just me or if a jury would have a difficult time following or listening to him too.
Yes, CM is difficult to understand which I think is a combination of talking too fast and his southern drawl. The court reporter reminded him to speak into the microphone.

thanks for sharing what you saw--I think it is cool to have someone there to catch what the cameras can't---do have a quesiton~~~~ On TV it looked like HHJP was scolding jb about the depos (or lack thereof) & seemed perplexed as to why this case isn't moving along...was he looking at the defense when he went on about how long things are taking to get things done? Along the same line, how did it come across when jb stood up and basically whined that the SA was coming up with lots of people for depos and how could he ever get it done...(my interpetation there)...does it seem like HHJP get tired of the whines????:waitasec:

Did anyone who was there at the Hearing yesterday, hear Cindy or Conway say WHERE GEORGE WAS??? Did any reporters ask Baez or Conway or Cindy???

Did anyone who was there at the Hearing yesterday, hear Cindy or Conway say WHERE GEORGE WAS??? Did any reporters ask Baez or Conway or Cindy???
I didn't hear anything about him yesterday. And, there was no mention of the reason KC's right to appear was waived. We were unaware of the reason for her absence. Baez took Cindy out of the room before the hearing got started and she was told.

I noticed that Marinade Dave approached Cindy and Brad Conway and engaged them in conversation after the hearing was adjourned. Do you have any idea what was said or what that was all about?

I noticed that Marinade Dave approached Cindy and Brad Conway and engaged them in conversation after the hearing was adjourned. Do you have any idea what was said or what that was all about?
No idea.

Thanks Amil for your report from inside the courtroom. :)

I was wondering if at any time you observed Cindy using a cell phone or Blackberry and texting? I know Casey wasn't in the courtroom yesterday, but have wondered if Cindy uses her cell phone or another device to text JB, who in turn shows those texts to Casey when she's with him.......while in the courtroom or when he visits. Or, since George wasn't there, perhaps texting him?

Thanks Amil for your report from inside the courtroom. :)

I was wondering if at any time you observed Cindy using a cell phone or Blackberry and texting? I know Casey wasn't in the courtroom yesterday, but have wondered if Cindy uses her cell phone or another device to text JB, who in turn shows those texts to Casey when she's with him.......while in the courtroom or when he visits. Or, since George wasn't there, perhaps texting him?

I was sitting directly behind Cindy Anthony. She never used a cell phone or even looked at one that I noticed. She was mostly speaking to herself in agreement when Mason or Baez made a good point. She seemed genuinely concerned about her daughter and frustrated by the constant denials on issues that the defense seemed to be on the right side of.

I have a question--(I asked Marinade Dave once on his blog--he didn't answer me).
I want to know who gets to attend hearings. How is it determined? Certainly, if they allowed anyone who was interested in there would be standing room only (correct?), but often there really aren't that many people in the gallery. Why is that? If I were in Florida and I wanted to attend the hearing..what would I need to do?

Who were the people sitting in the seats right behind the defense lawyers? I noticed a young black woman and a young white woman with long blonde hair.

I also want to thank everyone who attends the hearings in person. It really means a lot to me that you take time to attend and write what you saw and heard.

I can only watch the hearings online (unless CNN or HLN carries them) and I missed the first 20 minutes or so on WFTV so I watched the raw video on WFTV once it was posted online. The part 1 video seems to be quite edited at the beginning of the video since CM is already talking when the videoclip starts. There's no raw footage of the court before that on WFTV.

Maybe we now know why KC is always pulling, straightening her clothes when she first sets down in the courtroom, those darn shackles!

TY for the very informative description...I only saw a little bit of it on TruTv and only an hour's worth since In Session ends at 2:00 pm. I do wish, from a television perspective, that they would force whatever speaker to use a mic at all times. JMO.

I have a question--(I asked Marinade Dave once on his blog--he didn't answer me).
I want to know who gets to attend hearings. How is it determined? Certainly, if they allowed anyone who was interested in there would be standing room only (correct?), but often there really aren't that many people in the gallery. Why is that? If I were in Florida and I wanted to attend the hearing..what would I need to do?

Anyone can attend. Several of the members here have attended.

Personally, I find it easier to just watch it on TV. Then drive to down town Orlando, find and pay for parking. Go through security, etc. It would take me at least 1 hr to get there on a good day. The extra would make it even longer. And I'm not a morning person... LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie