2010.06.21 Cheney Mason Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point exactly. People who LIVE in Florida are going to be on this jury. Either it was impassable by water or plants, most likely water since it was during Hurricane season. The defense is NOT going to win that argument if keeps going there. It's foolish and ignorant to say it was impassable yet no water was there. Everyone said what made it impassable - WATER. Bring in the biology, the weather reports, you name it, and that argument is dead in the water, pun intended.

Does the defense, especially CM since he said it, really think they jury is going to be so dumb as to believe an argument like that? I mean seriously!

This whole area was very wet when they were doing the search. I remember specifically because I was talking to TM and an associate from TES and they were saying they were disappointed that more people didn't show up for the initial searches. I pointed out to them that we had just gotten through a tropical storm and many areas were totally flooded with folks helping others to clear out their homes that were under water. My friends entire downstairs had water up to our knees, so I'm sure that area didn't fare much better.

This is just so strange and senseless. Do you think he could be ill?

I swear to you the same thing crossed my mind, EU.

Go read TWA's post in the 911 call thread after dissecting the most recent motion. It makes this hypothesis even more credible.

I swear to you the same thing crossed my mind, EU.

Go read TWA's post in the 911 call thread after dissecting the most recent motion. It makes this hypothesis even more credible.

I just read TWA's post.....wow, that's a lot of 'mistruths'.
I don't think CM is ill but I do think he is suffering from a bad case of pompousitis and thinks he just knows it all without taking the time to really familiarize himself with all of the details of this very complicated case.

Next, they may argue that it was too impassable for KC to have put the body there.
Flip side of the argument, of course, is that Caylee was there the whole time, as RK attests, as botanists attest, as the entomologists will attest.

ETA-Do I remember correctly (or is it rumor) that there is also a child that can put a white car at the remains site as well? At this point, I believe the kid.

I feel bad for that little guy he has no clue what he's in for if he's subpoenaed.

http://www.wftv.com/video/23979291/index.html

Link to interview with CM after the Hearing.

I am confused..
CM speaks of excited utterance and the statements of the co-workers and the Depos and LE work product interview then he goes off and starts talking about searching the area and that they infact did not search that area....:waitasec: WHO?

My take.

CM says if they are able to establish a reasonable doubt as to when the body got put there and if it comes at a time when Casey couldn't have done it then they know conclusively somebody else had...then its a question of WHO and HOW and WHEN..that is all they are pursuing..they don't know they weren't there..
CM says some people say the area was under water as the excuse of why the couldn't find the body and that the Defense has witnesses that say the area wasn't under water so the body wasn't there.

CM was contemplating the answer to KB's question as to how do they know the body wasn't there in June...too bad she didn't let that one simmer before she said ...when Caylee disappeared..CM answered we don't know when Caylee disappeared...IMO he really did not want to go there.

:waitasec:
CM is one of the lead attorneys for the case and laughs when asked why they have not submitted a witness list..he answers "it's not my job"..KB."but your part of the team" CM answers "so what" then says they have until August 31..that's when it will get done.

KB asks about Kronk's exes testifying. CM says he is not sure it will be necessary or not to do that. KB asks WHY..he replies I wish you would just go to law school or go sit will Bill S...CM said he was not going to say was not going to answer.

I am not so sure there was a flip flop! I just listened to the raw footage of the interview CM did with Kathi B after the hearing. They were talking about what the co workers at Gentiva did or did not say during their interview with police. CM says something along the lines of they did not say anything in the interview and then goes on to say, much like they say they did and did not search Suburban drive and it turns out they didn't. I may not have the exact wording right, but I think WFTV, once again, has gotten things wrong! I would really appreciate someone else's take on what CM says. I think he was saying the police did not search that area of Suburban - not that the TES searchers didn't.

BBM
I couldn't figure out WHO he was taking about, that did or didn't search Suburban.

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Same here. I listened to it 4x yesterday and it made absolutely no sense to me. That was why I didn't respond to Macushla. I had no idea how to explain what he was saying about the TES search. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. Makes no sense whatsoever, except he is trying to figure out a way someone could have moved Caylee's body.

Ditto

Nope, nope, nope....

If this statement was attributed to Baez, I would completely agree. Little he speaks makes any sense (to me and some others I know)

But Cheney......Nope! Don't believe he is talking out both sides of his mouth....I think he offered up a glimpse of the changing of direction....

I think this statement is key to what their argument is going to be on the 15th, and we are missing it....

So do we recall exactly when TES states they sent searchers anywhere on Suburban? Wasn't it more than once?

I think we need to break this down farther....

Are they going with SODDI or SOD moved the body?
CM said if they had a reasonable doubt that someone else placed Caylee's
body there when Casey could not...so where are they going with this?
It does not answer WHO killed Caylee..or does that matter even matter if they can create a reasonable doubt someone what..found the body and moved it to Casey's middle school hang out?

CM obviously needs to talk to Lenamon- he's the guy who said they had PROOF that Caylee's body was dumped while KC was already incarcerated... maybe he could straighten it out for him :innocent:

CM obviously needs to talk to Lenamon- he's the guy who said they had PROOF that Caylee's body was dumped while KC was already incarcerated... maybe he could straighten it out for him :innocent:

Um, wasn't that [unusual] Toddy Macaluso?

Since when does "reasonable doubt" prove anything conclusively?? The whole interview makes no sense.

Seems as if KC's defense team is concerned about Kathy B's choice of a career. First Mr Baez wants to know which law school she attended and now Mr Cheny advises her to go to law school. Could it be that they are finding her difficult to handle as a journalist? :) Maybe, subconciously, they both think she'd make an excellent lawyer. Wonder is Kathy B would consider a change in career?

http://www.wftv.com/video/23979291/index.html

Link to interview with CM after the Hearing.

I am confused..
CM speaks of excited utterance and the statements of the co-workers and the Depos and LE work product interview then he goes off and starts talking about searching the area and that they infact did not search that area....:waitasec: WHO?

My take.

CM says if they are able to establish a reasonable doubt as to when the body got put there and if it comes at a time when Casey couldn't have done it then they know conclusively somebody else had...then its a question of WHO and HOW and WHEN..that is all they are pursuing..they don't know they weren't there..
CM says some people say the area was under water as the excuse of why the couldn't find the body and that the Defense has witnesses that say the area wasn't under water so the body wasn't there.

CM was contemplating the answer to KB's question as to how do they know the body wasn't there in June...too bad she didn't let that one simmer before she said ...when Caylee disappeared..CM answered we don't know when Caylee disappeared...IMO he really did not want to go there.

:waitasec:
CM is one of the lead attorneys for the case and laughs when asked why they have not submitted a witness list..he answers "it's not my job"..KB."but your part of the team" CM answers "so what" then says they have until August 31..that's when it will get done.

KB asks about Kronk's exes testifying. CM says he is not sure it will be necessary or not to do that. KB asks WHY..he replies I wish you would just go to law school or go sit will Bill S...CM said he was not going to say was not going to answer.

His rudeness and self importance are striking. Makes other lawyers look bad.

Seems as if KC's defense team is concerned about Kathy B's choice of a career. First Mr Baez wants to know which law school she attended and now Mr Cheny advises her to go to law school. Could it be that they are finding her difficult to handle as a journalist? :) Maybe, subconciously, they both think she'd make an excellent lawyer. Wonder is Kathy B would consider a change in career?

You're right. They should be more concerned with, you know, putting a dang DEFENSE together for their client than whether Kathi B should be a lawyer or not. They can be self important all the way into the jail cell with Casey if they don't actually start trying to defend her. Sheesh.

Are they going with SODDI or SOD moved the body?
CM said if they had a reasonable doubt that someone else placed Caylee's
body there when Casey could not...so where are they going with this?
It does not answer WHO killed Caylee..or does that matter even matter if they can create a reasonable doubt someone what..found the body and moved it to Casey's middle school hang out?

Respectfully Quoted Intermezzo :)

Someone explained this for me in a post a while ago, (sorry I don't remember who). They said, this case is about Casey murdering her daughter. Not about who put the body "there." That satisfied me at the time, but I still wonder why they are so worried about who put the body there...or really the (not)fact that Casey "couldn't" have put Caylee's body "there."

So, what are they up to? What good does it, or would it do to put so much effort into "proving" Casey didn't dump her daughter's body, after she killed her? TIA.

...js...

Respectfully Quoted Intermezzo :)

Someone explained this for me in a post a while ago, (sorry I don't remember who). They said, this case is about Casey murdering her daughter. Not about who put the body "there." That satisfied me at the time, but I still wonder why they are so worried about who put the body there...or really the (not)fact that Casey "couldn't" have put Caylee's body "there."

So, what are they up to? What good does it, or would it do to put so much effort into "proving" Casey didn't dump her daughter's body, after she killed her? TIA.

...js...

It is to try to create "reasonable doubt" for the jurors. No hard evidence that KC killed or placed Caylee there.

Not saying it will work, just saying what the defense is doing.

JMO.

Can a mod change the title of this thread? Colour me clueless, but I thought this was going to be about a shoe they found or something.

The defense "witness", who will claim there was no water and no Caylee in the woods off Suburban is probably JW. She'll be a great witness :crazy: a perfect fit with the defense team.

I find the whole topic to be a non sequiter. Didn't the forensics show that weed growth etc put the body there in late June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288