2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by CharlestonGal, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal New Member

2. Loading...

3. DesertDreamer

DesertDreamer Wanderer

Huh. Either the media misunderstood LE or something changed LE's mind about TH...?

All the recent news articles have titles such as:
    Investigators Focus on Kyron Horman's Stepmom
    Kyron Horman's Stepmom Now "Main Focus" of Investigation
    ‎Missing Boy's Stepmother Probed

etc.

They all gave the impression that she was a focus. And that term could go either way, to clear her or to include her as a POI. I find it strange to say she's not a focus, because she clearly has been.

It could be possible they're not looking into her anymore, but her friends, family, coworkers, etc

4. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

IMO LE has no clue what is going on or who is responsible. they are basing most of there searches on step mom's cell phone pings, yet havent found him.

so what if there wrong? then they have spen 18 days chasing there own tails. and kyron might never be found if they are wrong.

5. WholeLottaRosie

WholeLottaRosie Dancing on a moonbeam!

I wonder if after the weekly ran the blog post about SM, the other media jumped on it, all of them using the weekly as the source, realizing that these reports were pretty much given credence to the rumours all over the net, LE has now realized they need to say something.

And, yes, I know that this doesn't address the questionnaire, that makes no sense to me at all, and I don't know what I think about that.

MOO

6. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

I don't see how anything changed. Isn't it what they've said all along, that they're not in a position to name persons of interest?

7. oxymoran

oxymoran New Member

I suspect this is merely legalese...ie the police do not want to be accused by a defence attorney of "a rush to judgement" or a "myopic focus" on the SM to the exclusion of all other potential perps. Nor could LE admit to focusing on the SM without running the risk of being required to admit they have a "suspect" or some other similar euphanism, leading to certain parties lawyering up.
    Just my 2c.

8. seekingjustice**

seekingjustice** My beautiful Girl 'Monique Ashleigh' - See you in

ITA Donjeta. This is a case of 'Actions speak louder than Words' IMO.

9. adh74

adh74 Stupid Newbie

Perhaps the answers on the questionairres have been enough to clear TH?

10. Donjeta

Maybe they have but I'm not sure the Lindstrand quote is based on the answers though because I saw that exact same quote reported on Friday or Saturday and most of the questionnaire answers probably weren't in yet. Captain Gates said the same thing when they released the questionnaire:

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ublic-scrutiny-of-stepmomTerri-Moulton-Horman

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/19/oregon.missing.boy/index.html
    Here's one article about when they released the questionnaire and it's dated June 19, and contains the Lindstrand statement.

My interpretation is that she just got a call from a curious reporter who wanted to know what the questionnaires meant for TH's status in the investigation and she wanted to repeat and clarify that it does not mean that she has been declared a POI.

11. AbbieNormal

AbbieNormal Runs With Scissors

Nothings really changed, they have not said they have cleared TH, nor have they said she is a POI. I think they are searching for Kyron and keeping tabs on TH's comings and goings, and investigating the case which they know is revolving around TH's activities the day Kyron disappeared.

Wonder if TH has been to the gym again since that day she and husband dissed the reporter outside her car?
    abbie

12. fhc

fhc New Member

also, from the same CNN article

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

What???

13. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

I'm with you WHAAAAAT???

And that brings me back to TP's statement. WTH???

:waitasec:

14. Donjeta

Calliope explains it here
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5320286&postcount=181"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4?[/ame]

It appears to be a morphing story. Like the game, broken telephone. One kid whispers a sentence and another kid repeats it and when they get to the end of the line it's nothing like the original story.

15. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Active Member

:waitasec: Are they saying that when he walked back to his classroom she had already left?

16. fhc

fhc New Member

That is my impression. It appears the cell phone pings at 8:45 show her to be on or near Sauvie Island, not watching Kyron walking down the hall to his classroom. idk

17. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

did she post the pictures of the science fair from her phone?

weren't the pictures posted at 0846?

could they have pinged her in the island area around that time?

((((I am joining this one late... and man is it confusing!)))))

eta: interesting that there are no other kids in the room in her picture.

18. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

CNN nor the LT actually said the focus was not on TH........they used the good old generic statement from LE. "We are not focused on any one yada yada yada". Nothings changed.

19. seekingjustice**

seekingjustice** My beautiful Girl 'Monique Ashleigh' - See you in

Maybe he never walked back to his classroom like she says. Maybe the questionaire will find another witness to this happening.

20. Calliope

Calliope Former Member

There are.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5302304&postcount=11"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

21. For The Kids

For The Kids New Member

Unless of course TP is totally wrong...and Kyron in fact left the school earlier than 8.45 am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.