2010.06.21 - Seattle Headlines Examiner interview

Just wanted to point out that this isn't a newspaper. It's a web network of bloggers with no editorial oversight. It's called Examiner.com, and if someone blogs out of Seattle, it shows up as "Seattle Headlines Examiner."
You'll notice when you click on the link that the title of the page is "examiner.com" + the name of a major city near you. Stories on Examiner.com are not vetted or checked for truthfulness or accuracy. In fact, you can write for them; just click the button in the upper right. Writers are paid according to number of page views.
Examiner.com has been criticized for its lack of verification and fact-checking of stories published on the site.[15] L.J. Williamson, a writer who was briefly employed by Examiner.com, drew attention to the site's lack of editorial oversight by publishing a series of satirical prank articles,[16] which went unnoticed by Examiner.com's staff until Williamson published what she described as an homage to a well-known satirical piece written by Hunter S. Thompson, in which Thompson claimed that presidential candidate Edmund Muskie showed symptoms of being under the influence of Ibogaine. In Williamson's satirical piece, she claimed that actress Jenny McCarthy advocated Ibogaine as a treatment for autism. Examiner.com staff only noticed and withdrew Williamson's prank stories when lawyers for McCarthy contacted them and demanded that the piece be removed.[17] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Examiner.com

So then the question becomes why is LE interviewing with bloggers. That is amazing.

"Question: What would you say to online websleuthers and bloggers?

Lt. Lindstrand: I would tell them to please, not be hurtful. Hurtful comments do not help in any way." <snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...an-Interview-with-Sheriffs-office-with-update

There is more at the link if you'd like to discuss.

A part of me has to agree with Lt. Lindstrand. It isn't like these people aren't real who cant be hurt by words spoken or written about them. I have to place myself in their shoes and if it was me and the entire internet was full of nothing but disparaging things about me I would be totally devastated and hurt beyond belief.

Unfortunately I have seen it happen before and I have seen family members of the victim comment how it was so hurtful to read and hear what was being said about them or their entire family.

That is why I admire WS so much. Much more than any site I belong to. At least here a great effort is made to cut down on rumors and WS tries hard to steer the discussion based on what facts are known to us at the time. It is an arduous task but they continually monitor the boards day in and day out looking for trouble spots should they arrise.

I have even changed the way I look at cases in the last few years from what I had done in the past. I do realize that I own my own words and can never take them back if I happen to be wrong. I do think now the words being written on blogs and internet sites carries much more weight and heartbreak than I ever realized they could.

So for me anyway, I tread cautiously now, until I know for sure directly from LE that they have evidence of who the suspect really is.

Just the way I look at it though and of course everyone has a right to their own entitled opinions to do it as they see fit and I respect their rights to do so.

IMO

The uncle coud be part of the investigation because LE is investigating family dynamics.

Question: Are online rumors that the focus of the investigation has turned on Kyron Horman’s stepmother true?

Lt. Lindstrand: I cannot comment because I cannot discuss the investigation.

Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation.

What in the.... :banghead: :furious:

I have to think that they are no commenting on anything that could jeopardize their case. If they actually answer a question it is because it is insignificant to the case in their mind.

BBM I have to agree with you on this one. Anything that might actually be pertinent to their investigation they are playing close to the vest. The fact that Lt. Lindstrand confirmed that the uncle is part of the investigation just confirms for me that they had concerns, checked him out (whereabouts) and found him to be unrelated to Kyron's disappearance.

I feel, she realized after agreeing to this interview, she was sounding like a broken record, and wanted to be able to actually answer SOMETHING without saying "I cannot comment".

The uncle coud be part of the investigation because LE is investigating family dynamics.

Or the Uncle could be part of the investigation because he's a child molester, and he knew he was headed to jail. I wonder who turned this joker in to LE for the molestation, could it have been Terri or Kaine? Could this have been revenge?

It is correct that blogs from the Examiner are not always acceptable on WS. However, they can be allowed on a case by case basis. Read here:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Would part of this item being allowed have to do with an actual interview with Lt. Lindstrand being included therefore giving it some offical credence? Because that is what made me give it more credence than just a blog containing some random person's thoughts and opinions.

Would part of this item being allowed have to do with an actual interview with Lt. Lindstrand being included therefore giving it some offical credence? Because that is what made me give it more credence than just a blog containing some random person's thoughts and opinions.

Bingo! :D

The no comment part rang true anyway :)

LE would look like total myopic idiots if a family member charged with child molestation was not investigated, but I have to agree that the fact she discussed it sort of suggests he has nothing to do with this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back