2010.06.26 9-1-1 call from Horman's home

This is really heartbreaking! Poor Kaine.....but good on him for getting himself and the baby out of that house. And thank god he has the support of Desiree and Tony.

So SAD!

Me too! =) *wink =)

Hi Freefallzzzz, I thought LE was still staying at the house 24/7 last Sat nite, and on the scanner thread even caught the change of shift officers as they came and went. How could this happen if LE were there on site?

PS: That's just a thought, as I know you won't have the answer. LOL

Pickie you have to post a smaller picture. That one blew the margins. Thanks.

I see I missed news today! I am glad some stuff is finally coming out.. Remember if they knew it was their home it may not of been announced on scanner but via a cell call to a officer to go check it out.

OT! We celebrated our one year annv of adopting our four and becoming a family of 8 today!! I posted photos in Jury room!

:cake::aktion033::balloons::partyguy::toastred: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

As for hearing arguing, the aerial picture makes it clear that no neighbour would hear arguing, not even loud arguing. The nearest house is quite a distance away, an eighth of a mile or so. The Horman house isn't even visible from the road.

As for noticing the police and/or Kaine driving away, I have to wonder if the local media were stationed out there and just didn't attach any importance because the police and the Hormans have been going back and forth for over three weeks now.

Horman Residence

phpjgefZnAM.jpg

Butterfly you may say that the scanner peeps heard it and link. You may praise the scanner peeps. You may say yes it is in our scanner forum and link. You may say that the scanner peeps heard the call that the newspaper is reporting and link.

You may not quote, you may not even appear to quote. Don't use nics and say well Gram said this is what was said. :nono:

These are individuals doing a very serious job listening to the scanner and transcribing. Many of them have never done this before. It is difficult to get it word for word. It is difficult to hear at times. Mistakes could be made.

These posts should never be carried into a public area and Tricia and Kimster and the Admins in their wisdom thought this all through when they allowed these scanner forums to be created..

:blowkiss: :grouphug:

Okay Gam thanks for clearing that up, I was :waitasec: LOL which isnt hard for me I get confused often.

My gosh looking at the area they live at how could they search all that in just a few days? that alone is weeks worth of searching with hundreds of people.

Thanks for fixing that Pickie!

No problem. I didn't realize that it "blew the margins" because I could see it fine on my screen. Fortunately, I have GIMP and am familiar with how to duplicate and scale an image!

And as the argument continues out in the driveway when the husband tries to leave, taking the couple's 18-month-old daughter with him, the wife calls 911 and states her husband is threatening to drive off with their daughter and never come back.

Upon arriving, and hearing both sides, law enforcement tells the husband to take the baby and go stay somewhere else.

The husband telephones his lawyer and tells him how crazy the wife was acting, that she was grabbing at their daughter and he was really afraid she was going to hurt the child, that she was acting really psychotic.

After speaking with law enforcement, the attorney learns that the wife failed a lie detector test and immediately files for a restraining order and sole custody of the child on behalf of his client.

I take it this is just speculation? Correct?

My gosh looking at the area they live at how could they search all that in just a few days? that alone is weeks worth of searching with hundreds of people.

Oh, that made me think of all the cases we have studied where the victim is found so very close to home.

Such a beautiful, bright and curious little boy Kyron is. Just who we would all love to have as a son, at least I would. All I can hope for is that God has held him in his big hand through whatever he has gone thru. And we have to keep up hope he is alive even tho as Sleuthers we do see the hard reality of life. xox

And as the argument continues out in the driveway when the husband tries to leave, taking the couple's 18-month-old daughter with him, the wife calls 911 and states her husband is threatening to drive off with their daughter and never come back.

Upon arriving, and hearing both sides, law enforcement tells the husband to take the baby and go stay somewhere else.

The husband telephones his lawyer and tells him how crazy the wife was acting, that she was grabbing at their daughter and he was really afraid she was going to hurt the child, that she was acting really psychotic.

After speaking with law enforcement, the attorney learns that the wife failed a lie detector test and immediately files for a restraining order and sole custody of the child on behalf of his client.

Hi ya PickieChickie, I'm coming in so late tonight but didn't see a new thread on the argument. Is there one? I read someone here talk about what they learned today. Is this it? Ta

You may praise the scanner peeps.

well, alrighty then...

lily-tomlin-telephone-operator.jpg

nine one one ringy dingy...
this the emergency system operator, I will connect you now...
*nekkid cow on the railroad bridge
*whiskey mike 38 has foot stuck in toilet
*vicious dog won't let victim turn off garden hose
*milkman running down street with caller's airconditioning unit
*daughter's boyfriend on roof, caller keeping a rifle on him until you get there ....
*Caller has lead on signal 8. Oh no, sorry, go to Tac...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzqwerty

:applause: :applause: :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause: :highfive: :heart: all praise our dedicated WS scanner peeps! :blowkiss:

Just an observation...interesting how LE released the family statement Monday and followed that with they would not comment on the Horman's personal issues...but the 911 call is blocked from being released and they claim because of the "ongoing investigation" along with blocking the information in the restraining order.

Hummm so we just got more of the story. I can only imagine what was said during the 911 call.

I get a feeling LE is getting ready to pounce. :croc:

well, alrighty then...

lily-tomlin-telephone-operator.jpg

nine one one ringy dingy...
this the emergency system operator, I will connect you now...
8nekkid cow on the railroad bridge
*whiskey mike 38 has foot stuck in toilet
*vicious dog won't let victim turn off garden hose
*milkman running down street with caller's airconditioning unit
*daughter's boyfriend on roof, caller keeping a rifle on him until you get there ....
*Caller has lead on signal 8. Oh no, sorry, go to Tac...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzqwerty

:applause: :applause: :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause: :highfive: :heart: all praise our dedicated WS scanner peeps! :blowkiss:

LMAO
I second that!!!
Love you guys :blowkiss::blowkiss::grouphug:

As for hearing arguing, the aerial picture makes it clear that no neighbour would hear arguing, not even loud arguing. The nearest house is quite a distance away, an eighth of a mile or so. The Horman house isn't even visible from the road.

As for noticing the police and/or Kaine driving away, I have to wonder if the local media were stationed out there and just didn't attach any importance because the police and the Hormans have been going back and forth for over three weeks now.

Yea, where was the 24/7 LE detail?

terri-horman-4440a486d24083ef_large.jpg

"Kyron's father moved out of the rural Northwest Portland home sometime Saturday. Also Saturday, a 9-1-1 call came in from the Horman's home at 5:46 p.m., regarding "threats" at the property."

Thanks for the pic. This woman's knitted brows and direct stare represent worry and fear, not grief. She is concerned about herself, imho. She paws at others in an attempt to receive comfort back to herself, not to give comfort to others, imho.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_stepmother.html

Info & statements snipped from article:

Even if the police haven't publicly identified a person of interest, their actions suggest otherwise. "At this point, it's pretty clear the focus of the investigation is on her," said Ron Hoevet, a longtime criminal defense attorney.

Meanwhile, Multnomah County's Major Crimes Team, with the sheriff's office taking the lead, along with assistance from the FBI, continues its investigation. They're still checking out tips, and trying to identify and contact any sex offenders who may reside in the area to check out their alibis.

"The investigation is not in position yet to even list a suspect or persons of interest," sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand reiterated Tuesday.

Hi Sorrell, I sure enjoy your posts. Wouldn't you love to see the bulletin board in the staging office of the 'war room' out on 122nd and Glisan'? I sure would. lol We would be agog staring at it, learning how they are piecing this case together to discover where he could have been put, and then bring him home. As we read about the activity on Sheltered Nook on Sat nite I bet they were busy posting it up on the board. Everything matters.

As much as I hate the politics of LE, I think the Sheriff's office is filled with regular hard working guys that have a big heart. Ya Ya

I read this thread and wonder about the chaos occurring at the home Saturday. I can't help but think of little Kyron, now missing for many weeks and probably not alive, and his baby sister who must be missing her two brothers, her blankies, comforting home, her mommy, doggie, kittie, and all that she counts on for feeling safe. This is indeed a tragic case in so many ways. moo

I agree. Wherever Kyron is, I'm sure he's worried about his cat. After all, that was the last thing his father saw him doing when his father went to work ...feeding his cat. Kyron cared.

Kyron is/was a very sensitive and caring child, it seems, of living creatures...hence what he chose as a science project.

Dear God, hold Kyron in your loving embrace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back