2010.06.28 - A visit with Terri and Kaine is possibly staying at another location

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I am not sure I understand that - are you saying her son went to live with family who could barely make ends meet? Who can't keep internet and phone on all the time? I am confused by this.

I know it is OT, but I never heard all this either, not that it matters unless connected to Kyron...

Heck, I'd be glad someone from the press is still interested, even if it's just a WW reporter. Everyone else has lost interest, it seems. Sad.

I know,it is sad,it's not even on all the local online media.I'm afraid it's going to go cold.

Heck, I'd be glad someone from the press is still interested, even if it's just a WW reporter. Everyone else has lost interest, it seems. Sad.

I agree....it seems the interest is slowly going down. I just hope there is a break or a find or something soon!

That story brought great sadness to me, she seems terribly isolated and alone. On top of probably feeling that the whole world is against her. That article felt very depressing to me.

Well, we did learn she is still in the family home, at least as of last Wednesday. That is more than we knew for sure before today, I guess.

That story brought great sadness to me, she seems terribly isolated and alone. On top of probably feeling that the whole world is against her. That article felt very depressing to me.

I agree. And now the world has a fairly detailed description of how remote and isolated her home is---complete with photos. :furious:

She is news.......kudos for the guy for going after the story. He's doing what reporters do.

It's nice to see reporters that aren't sitting around waiting to be spoon fed.

Post your opinions and let others post theirs please. If someone states something is a fact, politely ask for a link AND STAY ON TOPIC.

C'mon everyone. I know it is a full moon and everyone wants answers in this case.

IMO, the article was a waste of space. I think the reporters are as hungry for news in this case as I am.

Well, we did learn she is still in the family home, at least as of last Wednesday. That is more than we knew for sure before today, I guess.

That's right but do we know if Kaine is still living there? During the interviews they were asked if they were all under one roof and Desiree said "in the beginning they were but now they are close by" Curious if it's just Terrie at the house and not Kaine.

I have studied Journalism extensively, and there is nothing responsible about printing the full name of a toddler, a detailed description of how to get into her home and how isolated that home is including the address. It was an OPINION piece with no intent other than implying that somehow that child and the home is not being cared for properly (who really cares if there is a small patch of un-mowed grass). There was nothing newsworthy about the article other than providing internet fodder.....which apparently it has done.

jmo

Everyone stop right now and read here. This thread is closed to give you an opportunity to understand what is and what isn't allowed for discussion here.

This is the last warning. There will be no excuses that you didn't know the rules if you continue to disregard this guidance.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878&page=2

Thread will close for a while to give you sufficient time to read before posting again.

I think the "patch of unmowed grass" is meant to describe the place, and is kind of sad since grass grows quite a bit in a month's time. The sign "welcome to the nut house" bothers me though for some reason. It's not too fitting for a place where little kids live I suppose, IMO.

Edited to add: I'm slow, but think finally got that nuthouse may be due to rdsquirrel. Now I noticed though that the baby wandered quite a distance away before being ran after. I know everyone has their own comfort zone of how far to allow a baby to wander though, and not all are picky as I am.

I know,it is sad,it's not even on all the local online media.I'm afraid it's going to go cold.

When the press is reduced to writing about an unmown patch of grass in the yard, I think we can safely say the case has gone cold.

That's right but do we know if Kaine is still living there? During the interviews they were asked if they were all under one roof and Desiree said "in the beginning they were but now they are close by" Curious if it's just Terrie at the house and not Kaine.

It appeared to me Desiree was speaking about her and Tony staying with the Horman's in the beginning.

Considering comments (I've read elsewhere), I think it was beyond irresponsible for this person to post such an 'article'.

I don't think that it is it at all. People are commenting on what was printed.

Surely for someone who's child is missing, you wouldn't think that they would open their door so readily to a stranger? I think that is telling.

IDK, if my child was missing I think I would talk to anyone.

He states in the article: during our coverage of this story we went to the Horman's house, so he must have had someone else with him, maybe a photographer. And he states he identified himself as a reporter when Terri answered the door, so maybe he had press credentials and showed her a photo ID. We don't know.

That was a total waste of printed material and ink used to write that "story." So he banged on the door and passed the time of day about gardening? Big deal.

Is that really their house? It looks so tiny, I was picturing some large Victorian home or newer McMansion close to $300K. I guess Portland is lots more expensive than I thought.

They live on almost an acre of land. Land is very valuable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong