2010.06.30 - KATU Confirming TH posting in its Comments Section

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by wondering1, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wondering1

wondering1 Former Member

2. Loading...

3. xin

xin New Member

Pretty radical in terms of information gathering and release. Sounds quite unethical to me.

4. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron?

This is the same user id that was identified here already.

5. wondering1

wondering1 Former Member

yep...I actually followed that rumor off this board (of course). And saw the posts when they were made. I'm feeling pretty creeped out right now. I think it's significant in that it confirms that she was on-line and checking stuff out and responding for at least a while--even after people were obviously pointing the finger at her and after she took her FB private, iirc.

6. Etilema

Etilema Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to

Well, I wonder what the privacy statement says when you sign up? That they can trace your email and release that information to the public? Sheesh.

ETA: Maybe the email address was public? Was it visible in the postings or by looking at her account? In which case I suppose *anybody* could have traced it, and it wouldn't seem such a breach of privacy.

7. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Not suprised - she seems quite the poster. Whether that's on KATU or on Facebook. I know if my child were missing I'd be off to the gym and wondering what people thought of me. NOT.

:innocent:

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is pretty scary, releasing this info. But she is not helping herself at all. I feel she is very naive and not so bright, in contrast to so many here who have lauded her intelligence. (Even if she is certified to be a teacher, that does not make her intelligent automatically.) She may have damaged herself if it turns out she says something different at another stage, depending on how liable one is for words on an internet post.

9. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

So apparently she wasn't obeying Kaine and keeping totally quiet. I wonder why, if she's a fan of CSI, she didn't realize those comments could be traced back to her? Makes you wonder, if she did do something to Kyron, what other mistakes she's made.

10. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron?

It is creepy isn't it! It's creepy to me that they actually posted an article about such a thing too.

11. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

I wonder is she only used one user name?

12. sherbetjello

sherbetjello Where is Kyron?

There's a link in that katu article that has a cached list of her posts, by all means she was "not quite the poster", but it was more than enough while your child is missing.

Seeing this/it for what it is...

13. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

The internet is a scary place. I post here, and sometimes on CNN. But I don't have a facebook account. If someone wanted they could come on here and look at all my posts. Skeery.

I don't agree with tracing her information and informing the public. To me, that just seems wrong!

Mel

14. Millie47

Millie47 New Member

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

15. matou

matou #los2188

I wonder if LE has checked her computer yet? Kaine stated that LE hadn't taken their computers.

16. DairyGirl

DairyGirl New Member

Honestly, I didn't think it was her. I didn't think someone could be that, well, dumb.

17. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Wow the comments over there are brutal.

18. Jack

Jack New Member

Obeying? When the weight of the world is on your shoulders you shouldn't be criticized for trying to defend yourself the only way you can. Also, how is posting on a news board a mistake? She had a reasonable expectation of privacy just like we all do here and should not have been outed in the media.

19. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

Do not bring comments over please. Link don't bring rumors or unfounded information.

20. akashana

akashana New Member

I think the release of information has the potential for a very chilling effect on freedom of expression on the 'net.

21. brandi

brandi New Member

~SNIP
    Because our Site may offer message boards, conversation pages, chat rooms or other public forums inviting public participation through user submissions, you may choose to provide a user submission. When you do so you might be providing personal information that may be posted publicly or otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by a third party. We cannot protect your privacy for your user submissions, and we cannot guarantee your anonymity. We reserve the right to disclose information regarding user submissions pursuant to this Policy. ~~

http://www.katu.com/about/privacy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.