2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

Do some incidents seem to show that TH possibly knows where Kyron is?
Is it possible, if some evidence points to TH knowing where Kyron is, that someone else, also, does??

Has it been mentioned where the 18 mo old was that day?

I haven't seen any confirmation on where she was.

Speaking of Intel, is this where Kaine works?

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2009/01/unspecified_afternoon_story.html

Intel closing plant, costing Hillsboro 1,000 jobs

No, Kaine does not work at Ronler Acres, he works at Jones Farm. There are many Intel sites in Oregon. Oregon (Hillsboro, suburb of Portland, to be specific) has the highest population of Intel employees than any other Intel location. There are multiple campuses in Hillsboro. JF and Ronler just being two of those.

Ronler includes Fabs, and one of those is shutting down - hence the article you are referencing. A Fab is a manufacturing facility.

JF does not have any Fabs and is not a manufacturing site where processors and other things are actually made.

Your question probably was a better fit in the locals thread section of WS.

:crazy:

If she normally kept her phone in her purse and someone "borrowed" it for a couple hours, it's possible she might not even realize that she didn't have it. Of course, it's also possible she has said that she didn't have the phone, but she can't prove it.

I'm not saying that TH DIDN'T do something with Kyron - but I'm not ready to say she DID - and if she did take him, I think there is a chance she might have him stashed safe somewhere. There are too many pieces to this case that don't quite fit - at least not with the info we currently have.

Hi guys, I just started following this case. I have a question for those who propose that TH may have Kyron "stashed" somewhere, safe and alive, like debirlfan speculates above. In your opinion, what would be a potential reason for her to have taken Kyron (not even her biological son) and stashed him somewhere alive? What would be the motive? The benefit to her? Just curious about the thinking behind this theory. Thanks a bunch!

Hi guys, I just started following this case. I have a question for those who propose that TH may have Kyron "stashed" somewhere, safe and alive, like debirlfan speculates above. In your opinion, what would be a potential reason for her to have taken Kyron (not even her biological son) and stashed him somewhere alive? What would be the motive? The benefit to her? Just curious about the thinking behind this theory. Thanks a bunch!

IMO, I don't think he's hidden somewhere, but a potential reason, if TH is not in her right frame of mind, maybe she would think she's protecting him from something? (IF, he were hidden somewhere).

Sauvie Island is close to where they live - and easy peasy access. Skyline school and Sheltered Nook Rd are in NW Portland, as is Sauvie.

But, for further evidence of the proximity, see this link of a house for sale on Sheltered Nook Rd. The realtor listing includes in the address description, the area of Sauvie Island.

http://www.movoto.com/or/16230-nw-sheltered-nook-rd-portland/491_10032974.htm

By the way, the house for sale, is the neighbor to the Hormans; the same house where the grandmother lives who authorized an interview by her grandson who referenced the cool electric project on Science Fair day, that Kryon was supposedly headed to before he vanished. Details on that interview are in the IB Science Expo/ Electric project WS thread from many, many days ago.

I have driven Skyline, Germantown, Kaiser, Cornelius Pass too many times to count - including Sauvie...it's all one big beautiful area in NW Portland. And all very relatively close to downtown Portland as well - straight down southbound hwy30. See my post in the locals section last week or week before on how tied together all these areas are to each other.

OK so I'm thinking if the areas are so close together then if reports that TH's cell phone pinged on a tower on SI are true I wouldn't find that odd at all.

It could be a Red Herring Terri thought up as the heat on her is , well, heating up!

JMHO

OK so I'm thinking if the areas are so close together then if reports that TH's cell phone pinged on a tower on SI are true I wouldn't find that odd at all.

They aren't that close together. I think 5 or so miles?

They aren't that close together. I think 5 or so miles?

Still think thats close enough for a cell ping. If it weren't you'd see cell towers everytime you looked up because they'd have to be so close together to provide signal. Just a thought... but it seems like a red herring.

I believe the school and their home is close enough to ping at SI even if they are not there. From following anther case on WS I have learned that if certain towers are busy it can be bounced to another tower and so it may be that just because her pings might show as pinging on the island tower they can not say with any certainty that she was actually on the island and not just somewhat near. It seems thay can actually be quite a ways from a tower and still ping. I have to take the cell ping info on SI (if it is a fact) with a grain of salt.

But we're talking about such a remote area -- I'd be suprised if any cell tower was too busy to ping. What interests me more, is how many towers there are close to the school. Or, between the house and the school.

Yes, in Los Angeles, pings bounce, but I can't imagine in a rural area. You'd be talking a LOT of people on the phone at the same time.

Willamette Week, citing anonymous cops, say Terri's cell phone records indicate she was there the day Kyron disappeared.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/06/kyron_horman_7_disappears_from.php

Now I wish the cops would have said her phone pinged there, or there was an actual call from that tower - big diff.

Here's some interesting info:

Most cell towers consist of poles that send and receive signals in three sectors: alpha (north-facing), beta (southeast), and gamma (southwest). This configuration makes it easier for carriers to improve service by covering an entire hexagonal “cell” within the network. It also enables them to identify which sector of the antenna-which side of the tower-communicated with a mobile device.

Carriers keep detailed call records of these communications for billing purposes, so the data includes date and time stamps; call length; whether a call was inbound, outbound, or went to voicemail; the incoming or dialed phone number; and the tower number, its location, and which antenna the call communicated with, along with the towers from which both originating and terminating signals were sent.

So, we should soon know if there was a ping at the island, or if step-mummy was calling or receiving calls, and the length.

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/?p=3692

Best,

Mel

There is no benefit to her that I can see. If she is guilty, her motive would have been to get Kyron out of the way - permanently. Given the fact that TH was talking about killing her husband with the landscape guy, I don't think she would show any mercy to her husband's son.

I think the only motives in this case are money and possibly revenge (for making her own son leave the home).

I think the only motives in this case are money and possibly revenge (for making her own son leave the home).

Which isn't even proven!

But we're talking about such a remote area -- I'd be suprised if any cell tower was too busy to ping. What interests me more, is how many towers there are close to the school. Or, between the house and the school.

Yes, in Los Angeles, pings bounce, but I can't imagine in a rural area. You'd be talking a LOT of people on the phone at the same time.

The area isn't all that rural and it's certainly not remote. The press refers to it as "rural Multnomah County" to differentiate it from the incorporated city of Portland, etc. Anything not within a city limits is considered rural, which is why it falls under the Sherrif's jurisdiction. It's a densely populated urban area. I'd classify the area in question as "suburban".

You can see how close all the "urbanity" is to the road the Hormans live on here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...82,-122.720032&spn=0.410687,0.883026&t=h&z=10

I don't get it. It has become obvious to me that Kyron's disappearance is related and connected to Terri. I am not yet ready to accuse her of being directly responsible because I cannot for the life of me see the benefit to her by harming or kidnapping Kyron.

If I am involved in a marriage that is unhappy enough to make me supposedly approach a random landscaper with a half baked murder for hire plot, then what does kidnapping a child not biologically mine do to further that cause? Kyron's disapparance has placed the nation's attention at her doorstep. Not likely to get away with murder in those circumstances.

This whole case just took one more step into bizarro world IMO

The Oregonian
Landscaper wore wire, asked Terri Horman for $10,000 in murder-for-hire plot, sources say
Published: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 9:01 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 06, 2010, 9:29 PM

Terri Horman has taken two polygraph tests, after authorities said a key answer on the first exam found her deceptive.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_wore_wire_asked_ter.html
This time, he wore a body wire and was accompanied by an undercover officer. On the recorded conversation, he sought $10,000 from her, saying otherwise he would go to police with the murder-for-hire plot, sources said.

That would explain the 911 call regarding a 'threat'.

It's interesting to me that LE will leak the fact that someone alledgedly failed a polygraph, when that same polygraph is not admissable as evidence in a court of law.

Nice way to prejudice the jury pool.

If TH ever gets charged with anything and is brought to trial, I have no hope of an unbiased jury. It's clear from this forum and elsewhere on the internet, that she has already been tried and found guilty in the eyes of the public.

It's interesting to me that LE will leak the fact that someone alledgedly failed a polygraph, when that same polygraph is not admissable as evidence in a court of law.

If TH ever gets charged with anything and is brought to trial, I have no hope of an unbiased jury. It's clear from this forum and elsewhere on the internet, that she has already been tried and found guilty in the eyes of the public.

Opening argument for attorney Stephen Houze?

I live in Multnomah county and if they called me as a juror I would have no problem listening to the evidence. As it is, while I do think she is responsible, I also feel that with what is known now I could never convict her. In Kyron's disappearance or the murder for hire plot. In fact, I don't think they have much on her at all or she would have been arrested. My opinion isn't because of publicity in the case but my own personal observations. I have felt she was responsible pretty much from the time they confirmed that no one had seen him after her. If someone else had I would definately not be looking at her. Who knows, maybe something new will come up and it will become apparent that there was no way she could have done this.
I doubt they would put me on the jury anyway since I have such an interest in the case.
Also, they said the same thing about O.J. and Robert Blake and those jurors, in spite of all the tabloid reporting, were able to decide the case objectively. Either they have the goods or they don't. And at this point it appears they don't have a smoking gun.

Agreed, whole case is doing just that so far.

Well, it also said she just failed one question. Maybe she was nervous. I could never pass a polygraph telling the plain truth. Also, it depends on the person giving the polygraph and their interpretations.

Why no mention of the second polygraph.

ETA: We are not the only ones thinking this way.

"Kyron Horman Disappearance: Is Terri Moulton Horman Victim of Wicked Stepmother Perception?"

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5557072/kyron_horman_disappearance_is_terri.html?cat=8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back