2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

It is ridiculous on one hand (if it is a ploy) however if they didn't do it this way it could be very bad(as in my case where he really was abusive, really did beat my 9 yr old with a piece of pvc pipe)

Judges have no way of knowing and there are cases (Ethan Stacy comes to mind) where an RO should have been put in place.

No way of knowing? They didn't require a police report? A child services report? Nothing?

Is this how it works in Oregon?...for the locals?

And is it a temporary RO Kaine has on TH?

I know that cell pings are placing Terri's phone out on/near the island. However - is there any evidence that Terri herself had the phone in her possession? Did she call anyone with the cell and talk to them that morning? (Not a text - anyone could send a text).

I can see several scenarios where she might not have been in possession of the phone. For example - a friend of mine who has a cell has a defective "house" charger, but her "car" charger works, so the phone sometimes gets left in the car - and we know that TH was not driving her own car that morning. Now, if someone actually had a voice conversation with her on that phone, then there is evidence it was in her possession.

Does anyone know whose car TH was using, and why?

No doubt that all the media has gotten much worse about fact checking than ever before, including newspapers and television news. I'm talking, though, about newspaper articles, not blogs, "eports," or news aggregators.
My point was simply that a newspapers' sources are not comparable to sources claimed by anonymous commenters.

At this point, much of what has been reported can't be verified as wrong or mistaken, because we really have been given NO FACTS. Even direct quotes from LE have been contradictory in this case.

Which is why I am :banghead:

Okay I couldn't find a way to post a picture so I left a comment for a friend and this time the mobile phone icon did appear beneath my post. But, I did go into my Facebook app to upload a picture and I found that I could upload to any of my albums (not just mobile uploads) and there was the same phone icon behind the photo icon that appears beneath the picture. Looks like there is a chance that she could have uploaded a comment from her phone without it alerting that it was from a phone but not a photo.
I'll keep playing and see if I can get a picture to upload from my cell's mobile browser.

No way of knowing? They didn't require a police report? A child services report? Nothing?

Is this how it works in Oregon?...for the locals?

And is it a temporary RO Kaine has on TH?

Not initially. It is temporary. There will be a hearing usually 2 weeks or less but sometimes (when its a ploy especially) an attorney can postpone and drag it out. Most times the judge signs for two weeks which is ample time. Then at hearing they will listen to both sides, take into account any outside info (police report, cps etc.) and either dismiss it (for lack of reason) or specify an amount of time or completion of a course (such as parenting, drug and alcohol rehab, etc). I am in Washingto but near as I can tell it is the same in Oregon in regards to RO. Someone posted the link on one of the threads last night that gives the exact information but this is the frist case I have posted on and this forum business juat has me lost!:waitasec:

Okay I couldn't find a way to post a picture so I left a comment for a friend and this time the mobile phone icon did appear beneath my post. But, I did go into my Facebook app to upload a picture and I found that I could upload to any of my albums (not just mobile uploads) and there was the same phone icon behind the photo icon that appears beneath the picture. Looks like there is a chance that she could have uploaded a comment from her phone without it alerting that it was from a phone but not a photo.
I'll keep playing and see if I can get a picture to upload from my cell's mobile browser.

You're a good man/woman McDonough!!! Thanks for going the extra mile for the team :)

I am so glad everyone realized the kids were best off with me. Never had to go through any of this.

I don't recall if TH's RO was temporary or not. Wish I had saved the link.

Ugh, almost 2am here. Need sleep. I hope you all find good news about Kyron being found long before I get up. Night all.

You're a good man/woman McDonough!!! Thanks for going the extra mile for the team :)

I'm a she (who is spending the hours that my kids are sleeping here reading threads)

A question - do we know for sure if TH took the picture with her cell phone or if she used a digital camera because if she used a camera she would have to have used a computer at least to download the pics from her camera's memory card.

I'm a she (who is spending the hours that my kids are sleeping here reading threads)

A question - do we know for sure if TH took the picture with her cell phone or if she used a digital camera because if she used a camera she would have to have used a computer at least to download the pics from her camera's memory card.

No they have never said. Gina Zimmerman is the PTA president who said she saw Terri at the school and witnessed her taking the picture. I am pretty sure your questio was asked back in the beginning and was never verified because LE stopped talking and told everyone else to.

No they have never said. Gina Zimmerman is the PTA president who said she saw Terri at the school and witnessed her taking the picture. I am pretty sure your questio was asked back in the beginning and was never verified because LE stopped talking and told everyone else to.

Agreed. It's a question I've had from the beginning. The lighting behind the photo made me wonder whether it was a camera with a flash, but I honestly have no clue.

There is really no reason to arrest her at this point. They have all the time in the world to start that ball rolling, at the time of their choosing. TH isn't going anywhere, she does not have access to any of her other children, and Kyron (in my opinion) is very likely deceased. Once they arrest her the clock will start ticking for the prosecution. I hope they take their sweet time and build a solid case, even if that takes six months.

Though it seems like this has gone on forever, it's only been four weeks.

Great post. It takes a lot of time to build a solid case. While we are sitting around second guessing LE, they are working their tails off. They want to make sure their case is rock solid. They're probably doing so many different things, like surveillance, for example. Finding Kyron is also very pivotal to their case, I'm sure. Justice will come.

The resolution of the photo would also be a good clue as to what the picture was taken with - a cell phone would probably have a maximum resolution of just 2 or 3 megapixels while a digital camera would most certainly have a higher resolution.

Also oftentimes you can right mouse click on a picture and get some information about the picture: what kind of camera, when it was taken, etc.

The resolution of the photo would also be a good clue as to what the picture was taken with - a cell phone would probably have a maximum resolution of just 2 or 3 megapixels while a digital camera would most certainly have a higher resolution.

Also oftentimes you can right mouse click on a picture and get some information about the picture: what kind of camera, when it was taken, etc.

I'm thinking now, that it was probably a digital camera! A phone picture is usually not clear enough, not in my experience anyway!

If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction...

But why though? Why would you jump the gun when time is on your side and you can continue to gather evidence? So far, the longer Terri has been free, the more LE has gathered. Shouldn't we prefer they keep gathering as opposed to hauling her in and making the case right now?

I guess the proof would be if her cell phone had pinged off of Sauvie Island in the past, that would show a pattern of pings and the ping off of Sauvie Island would not be suspicious. If this was the only timed it pinged there then that would be something to look at.

I think pings from the past will end up being part of the case. Time and time again, we see that people plan their crimes by visiting the "ultimate site" ahead of time to explore the possibilities and plan the details. I think the pings most likely include days prior to the 4th and include the 4th.

When you have time to experiment a little more, try uploading a pic into an existing album - and then let us know if it shows up as an "update". TIA

I'm thinking now, that it was probably a digital camera! A phone picture is usually not clear enough, not in my experience anyway!

You'd be surprised at the quality of a cell phone picture - they are usually pretty clear until you begin to enlarge them. I would upload one from my phone here if I could figure out how...

He is tech savvy - she's internet savvy - there's a difference.

Who said he is tech savvy? I have noticed this in all of the threads where Kaine is discussed, he works for Intel, true, but many of Intel's workers are not "tech savvy", most aren't! They employ civil engineers (among many other kinds of engineers), welders, mechanics, electricians, construction managers, lawyers, administrative people, account managers, liasions, sales people, scientists, pipe fitters, almost any job in any business setting, they are also employed by Intel. Many are "engineers" and few of those guys are "techy".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back