2010.07.16 - Kaine Horman: "Terri was a good person when we first met"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in their right mind would marry someone while thinking they're a bad person, IMO. So the title of this thread does not really surprise me.

Few of us marry total jerks knowingly but somehow a bunch of people end up divorcing from them anyway.

Exactly what I've been thinking. Then I read this and learned it was part of his response to questions from KGW. (such as 'how could you marry a woman like this..')

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

IMO, it doesn't matter whether sexting is considered an affair or not. The point is, Kaine had already filed for divorce and moved out, leaving her free. The marriage was over.
It's an affair when you're still married to and living with someone. NOT when they're divorcing you.

I thought her 'sexting' the landscaper was while they were married and that she was 'communicating' with MC since June 4. I might be confused. :waitasec:

Either way, of course, all that matters is Kyron (and baby K).

I thought her 'sexting' the landscaper was while they were married and that she was 'communicating' with MC since June 4. I might be confused. :waitasec:

Either way, of course, all that matters is Kyron (and baby K).

The "sexting" started four days after Kyron went missing and before Kaine moved out/filed for divorce. She did similar "sexting" with the landscaper, according to the court documents. IIRC

LMAO I think Kaine has his wedding ring on still because he probably didnt or isnt thinking about a ring on his finger? I mean who would do that with a [unusual] wife that tried to have me killed and hit might still be on him. My son is missing and he has a baby to take care of and work so he doesnt lose his home too? I mean what kind of person does that? hehehe I know it sounds sarcastic but I didnt even think about Kaines wedding ring in all the other stuff and it won't help to find Kyron I am sure ring or no ring......

The "sexting" started four days after Kyron went missing and before Kaine moved out/filed for divorce. She did similar "sexting" with the landscaper, according to the court documents. IIRC

No, that isn't right. The contempt of court charge stated the texting and showing of the RO happened after the date it was filed and Kaine was already out.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

Not that I think it makes it any worse or any better. Just to keep things straight.

The police told Kaine and it was in the contempt filing that the overtures of Mr. Cook was similar to that of the Landscaper. :) I need to find other articles I could swear the language was different.

snipped:
Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine)."

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/stor...-contempt/CeL6N7ARZEOFXDe8Lr0hQA.cspx?rss=191

ETA just checked none say text. Jut what is said above. " Sexual Overtures Resemble"

Not that I think it makes it any worse or any better. Just to keep things straight.

sbm~

exactly. Who does that? Good grief. Maybe I'm just old. But sexting after 40 is just....umm...gross? And under the circumstances, well, there are no words.

The wedding ring to me made me think Kaine might very well miss the Terri he married, and can't quite believe she's not in there somewhere still,...and still holds hope against hope that the Terri he loved will wake up and decide to bring Kyron home....

That was a very compassionate, and IMO, insightful post, Emma.

Well said.

No, that isn't right. The contempt of court charge stated the texting and showing of the RO happened after the date it was filed and Kaine was already out.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

Thank you! :)
Okay the texting starting June 8th but didn't turn "sexual in nature" until the 30th.

The "sexting" was similar in nature to what she engaged with the landscaper for hire. Which was well before Kaine moved out. Months before.

Desiree's and Kaine's statements about Terri don't exactly agree. One says she wouldn't even speak to Terri til Kyron was 1 1/2 years old and always lied since she's known her. I don't know that they both saw a good person. I'm more interested to know what was going on at the time of Kyron's increasing unhappiness and sobbing when having to return to his Dad's. Was Terri really suffering from PPD or was something else going on, and how was Kyron affected during the being emotional then frustrated, but not overly violent. Was she still considered a good person then or was she mean to Kyron? Also, I don't consider texting a real affair if the people don't meet and have sex in person, but figure the things going on at home to cause this desperation could have caused severe feelings of threat, bitterness, and finally some sort of snapping episode. I think there's more to all this.

Men can be fooled by someone willing to make the effort. I wonder if Terri latched onto Kaine as a provider for herself and her son. She got lots of perks, didn't have to work outside the home, and maybe that was fine, for a while. Maybe it's like thinking of a very special treat you've promised yourself - once you got it, the pleasure diminished with time, and the thrill was gone. Maybe it wasn’t going as well, Terri’s Fairy Tale was turning sour. When problems with her son escalated, he was sent to live with her parents. Maybe she blamed Kaine for that. Maybe Terri needed thrills, and when her life got dull, her husband got dull, she tried to spice it up by hiring a hit man. Maybe she envisioned herself as this emboldened "Terri the Terrible", but that fell thru with a bang. Well, maybe life was just going further and further downhill, and Terri had to do something, anything. Maybe she resented Kaine, for not keeping her happy. Maybe, Terri's resentment spilled over onto Kyron, conveniently forgetting how she snagged Kaine in the first place. Maybe, all Terri had to look forward to was a bit of praise, here and there, from others whom she tried to impress. Maybe, she finally had it with people not appreciating her. Something was going to have to be done so she could be in control of her life. Maybe, she inwardly seethed because she spent all that time and effort on that darn froggy thingy for Kyron's science fair - and Kyron didn't even appreciate all her hard work. Maybe Terri noticed that nobody at the school believed that was Kyron's very own project. Kyron was ruining her image. Maybe she even got wind of Kyron not wanting to live with them anymore - wanting to live with his mom. How dare her. Maybe extreme jealousy set in at that point. She was not going to allow Kyron to go to his mother, and for Desiree to get child support. Plus she may have to get a job. Well, maybe Terri let her terrible temper get the best of her, and she decided that it was time to get rid of one problem, and then she could work on the big guy after that. Maybe, Terri's Terrible Temper took over and gave her the evil willpower to just do it, and she did.
Maybe - Terri was a good person - once upon a time.

Thank you! :)
Okay the texting starting June 8th but didn't turn "sexual in nature" until the 30th.

The "sexting" was similar in nature to what she engaged with the landscaper for hire. Which was well before Kaine moved out. Months before.

On page 9, line 15 it says that sine June 4th they had been coresponding. How is that possible. I thought MC didn't contact them until after he found out that Kyron was missing?

:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:
Men can be fooled by someone willing to make the effort. I wonder if Terri latched onto Kaine as a provider for herself and her son. She got lots of perks, didn't have to work outside the home, and maybe that was fine, for a while. Maybe it's like thinking of a very special treat you've promised yourself - once you got it, the pleasure diminished with time, and the thrill was gone. Maybe it wasn’t going as well, Terri’s Fairy Tale was turning sour. When problems with her son escalated, he was sent to live with her parents. Maybe she blamed Kaine for that. Maybe Terri needed thrills, and when her life got dull, her husband got dull, she tried to spice it up by hiring a hit man. Maybe she envisioned herself as this emboldened "Terri the Terrible", but that fell thru with a bang. Well, maybe life was just going further and further downhill, and Terri had to do something, anything. Maybe she resented Kaine, for not keeping her happy. Maybe, Terri's resentment spilled over onto Kyron, conveniently forgetting how she snagged Kaine in the first place. Maybe, all Terri had to look forward to was a bit of praise, here and there, from others whom she tried to impress. Maybe, she finally had it with people not appreciating her. Something was going to have to be done so she could be in control of her life. Maybe, she inwardly seethed because she spent all that time and effort on that darn froggy thingy for Kyron's science fair - and Kyron didn't even appreciate all her hard work. Maybe Terri noticed that nobody at the school believed that was Kyron's very own project. Kyron was ruining her image. Maybe she even got wind of Kyron not wanting to live with them anymore - wanting to live with his mom. How dare her. Maybe extreme jealousy set in at that point. She was not going to allow Kyron to go to his mother, and for Desiree to get child support. Plus she may have to get a job. Well, maybe Terri let her terrible temper get the best of her, and she decided that it was time to get rid of one problem, and then she could work on the big guy after that. Maybe, Terri's Terrible Temper took over and gave her the evil willpower to just do it, and she did.
Maybe - Terri was a good person - once upon a time.

You nailed it!!!! My thoughts exactly...thanks!!!!

On page 9, line 15 it says that sine June 4th they had been coresponding. How is that possible. I thought MC didn't contact them until after he found out that Kyron was missing?

This guy needs a closer look sometime soon. She knew and trusted him enough to tell him to lie to her lawyer. Birds of a feather....

Nobody in their right mind would marry someone while thinking they're a bad person, IMO. So the title of this thread does not really surprise me.

Few of us marry total jerks knowingly but somehow a bunch of people end up divorcing from them anyway.

Yea. Her typical MO was probably put into effect with him, too. Nakedness. Wild sexuality. Men can be so blinded, so easily mislead, fooled, and used by females. I don't blame us females. I'm just saying that we're lots smarter than men generally give us credit for. IMHO. We've got to survive somehow and most of us don't carry guns or get into fistfights. We've learned other ways to fight the war, unfortunately, in some aspects.

IMHO, men have no idea how diabolical we womens can be. Look at Mary Kay LaTourno (sp?). Any man who did what she did would have been locked up for at least 10 years when first caught. We get a lot of slack. We are the caretakers, the softies. Uh huh.

Makes it easy to get away with lots. Also, in our society, it is very difficult to believe a female can be so cruel, even tho there is evidence everywhere that we can be worse. What was that nursery rhyme? "When she was good, she was very very good, and when she was bad, she was horrid."

I always blame hormones.

Thanks for this. Technically speaking if the change in Terri was due to PPD related to birth of her daughter, I don't think it would have happened in 2008. It would have been 2009.

Maybe Kaine just misspoke. Or maybe he's misdiagnosed his wife for story-telling purposes, or, to encourage her to be forthcoming... :(

Emma, he's a man. Gotta hit them on the head to get them to look at something they're not looking at. Gotta stand in front of their faces before they can stop looking at the Tv.

We're just different as males and females, that's all. What's nice is that the differences are complimentary. Their strengths are our weaknesses and vice-versa. Quite interesting really. They don't understand us much, and I don't get them, either. I lose my patience with how their minds work differently. Sometimes I just hate it. I want to be comforted sometimes and all I get is "Forget about it." ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! Please just listen without trying to fix it. I just want to talk about whatever it is sometimes.

I think KH wasn't attentive enough in their established relationship and she needed more excitement in her life and felt he wasn't giving her what she wanted. She felt neglected. He was just kicking back and relaxing. Her anger grew and grew into murderous proportions.

jmho....

I expect there would be fewer people killed and assaulted each year if people in general were better seeing it coming and getting out in time.

Yes. In addition, I have to think that if any victim saw it (death) really coming, they'd run for the hills. No one knows the hour. If we did, we wouldn't be there, at least I wouldn't.

I can tell you from personal experience that PPD/PPA/PPP can completely and utterly change you. Normally, I think I am a darn good mom...very into attachment parenting, babywearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, organic babyfood-making, homeschooling, etc. That said, when I suffered from PPD/PPA/PPP after the birth of my first daughter, I was suicidal and homicidal to the point I literally did try to harm my baby girl out of sheer desperation for relief from the thoughts/feelings that were in my head that were (to me) very, very real. I also tried to put her up for adoption without telling my husband when she was 4 months old. Looking back, it's hard to believe that was me. Because that is soooo NOT me! But PPD/PPP changed me....big time.

Note: I am absolutely NOT defending Terri. I believe she did something horrible to Kyron. But I also believe the root of her evil is psychiatric illness that she may or may not have had any control over (we don't know if she took her meds or otherwise cooperated with treatment).

It's amazing, isn't it, that she may have been out of control, but looking at her actions, she seemed so in control.

I just don't understand the wedding ring still worn when KH has filed for divorse
and knows he wants to get away from her...............time to take the ring off.......
JMOO (mixed message being sent)

My ex-husband was a real *advertiser censored*. I wore my wedding ring until the day of court and the judge signed the decree that we were divorced. I walked out of the courtroom and took off my ring. Funny, I hadn't thought of this for years. Now that I think of that day again, I realize I can't remember what I did with the ring. Probably threw it away. Don't remember. Now that bugs me!
I was just glad I wasn't pregnant. That was one of the questions and I could have been. I said "no" anyway. I wasn't, thanks God.

The only thing that makes me even consider TH's innocence is how fast and willing KH has been to throw her under the bus.

Frankly it kinda feels like a set up on his part. I can understand a person being gobsmacked by someone turning out to be a total liar, especially in regard to his child being missing. But at the end of the day I wonder about him as well. What kind of husband would be so willing to go to the press with his damage stories and throwing his supposed wife to the wolves like this.

It really comes across that he has an axe to grind and some sort of bitterness. He's much to cavalier in my opinion. You'd think he'd be gutted. Not giving PCs.

BBM. A husband who is desperate for the last person to see his son alive, and who LE says likely has something to do with the disappearance, to tell him where his child is so he can bring him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam