2010.07.17 - President of NCM&EC could be a stranger abduction.

I don't think he'd run away,he was so excited about that day,he was going to see Desiree later that night,going for ice cream after school.There was so much to keep him looking forward to the whole day.I don't think he'd wander off unless he was coerced by someone in the gym.He wasn't found in those woods,it would have to be a person driving him out of there.

Yeah, and that was kinda my point, that it seems pretty unlikely.

Kyron's case is currently classified as "Endangered Missing." As far as I know, no family member is currently directly holding him as missing, and thus he is not a family abduction. (Yes, stepparents are considered family abductions for the most part, but if he is truly being held by someone else it's probably not a family member.)

edit: And it's possible Mr. Allen simply isn't that familiar with the circumstances of the case. If you were in charge of hundreds of different cases every day, you might not remember all the details either.

the "lull" in the case has come down to public discourse of semantics as that is all we have.

Having said that....setting all semantics aside... I am looking at what LE has released... and makes me go hmmmm... I am sure they have more.

I'm trying to remember where M. Klaas gave some statistics lately. It was either JVM or NG but he had some very interesting statistics too. I have to take my kids to the doc (all 3 for physicals for school) I'll see if I can find that when I get back and share. It might be a good 4 hours or more though.

Although hundreds of thousands of children are reported missing every year, about 115 are cases in which a child is
* abducted by a stranger and killed,
* held for ransom
* or taken for another reason

I think number 3 or taken for another reason is an important qualifier. He is not saying which of these he believes to be true only that Kyron falls into the category .

I read it differently :Although hundreds of thousands of children are reported missing every year, about 115 are cases in which a child is abducted by a stranger and killed, held for ransom or taken for another reason.

A child is abducted by a STRANGER and

a) killed
b) held for ransom
c) taken for another reason

I read it this way because the rest follows the "and". The "abducted by a STRANGER" precedes and is a qualifer for the rest.

Hope that makes sense.

ETA: This would mean he is saying that it WAS a stranger abduction

I read it differently :Although hundreds of thousands of children are reported missing every year, about 115 are cases in which a child is abducted by a stranger and killed, held for ransom or taken for another reason.

A child is abducted by a STRANGER and

a) killed
b) held for ransom
c) taken for another reason

I read it this way because the rest follows the "and". The "abducted by a STRANGER" precedes and is a qualifer for the rest.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm going by what NCMEC/DOJ says, rather than what the reporter said:

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who
a- holds the child overnight,
b- transports the child 50 miles or more,
c- kills the child,
d- demands ransom, or
e- intends to keep the child permanently.)

The problem I have is that LE has not said anything at all in recent weeks. I think they, meaning LE & family, (by their actions and words) have the public believing Terri is involved and therefore somewhat placated for now, but what it no arrest is made in the coming weeks?

Which is what happened in Nevaeh Buchanan's case. Nothing from LE to ease the minds of the public that it wasn't a stranger abduction, and the first three POI's are no longer POI's according to LE and the court's. At least in Haleigh Cummings case, LE has said they believe Misty holds the key, giving assurance that it was an isolated incident.

Okay I found it for anyone that wanted to know the statistics that M. Klaas shared on the NG show. (It was dated 30 June 10).

There isn't a lot of dialogue, but I remembered that the statistics are interesting. It wasn't being specifically discussed it was a side sort of convo that happened and it caught my ear.

GRACE: Marc Klaas, you probably have these stats at your fingertips. You say 70 percent of all child kidnappings are by the family. But what about child murder?

KLAAS: Seventy-seven.

GRACE: That`s even worse.

KLAAS: Well, if children are murdered as a result of a kidnapping, again, about three quarters of them will be dead within the first three hours.

GRACE: Including by family members?

KLAAS: Absolutely.

GRACE: OK, Marc, I want to go...

KLAAS: Well, yes, if they -- yes, if they are kidnapped as a -- if they`re murdered as a result of a kidnapping, that`s across the board.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

I am probably way behind the times but the 77% I hadn't heard before.

Again, just sharing for those that might have an interest. Please ignore if you don't :)

I wonder if NCMEC still has Kyron classified in this category, and if there's a way to find out.

NCMEC and DOJ

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who
a- holds the child overnight,
b- transports the child 50 miles or more,
c- kills the child,
d- demands ransom, or
e- intends to keep the child permanently.

Respectfully, unless,NCMEC is privy to all the evidential details and are being updated and briefed constantly by all the LE entities working the case, what does it matter how they classify Kyron's case?

The head of the American Medical Association can classify my symptoms as anything from afar...from statistics, etc. Impressive title, worthy organization...but I'll trust my doctor right here on the scene ...who sees me, my symptoms, and the test results every time.

I don't see anything to debate.

Kyron was most likely abducted by someone who most likely killed him. That person is his stepmother.

Still looking forward to seeing her in cuffs, doing the perp-walk.

OK changed the title a bit... I changed it to "could" be a stranger abduction. Which of course is always a possibility.....and I don't see Mr. Allen as saying it WAS a stranger abduction.

Thanks Grandmaj, and you're correct. He's not saying he was abducted by a stranger at all. He listed possibilities and one is stranger abduction. He's not part of the case/investigation either way.

Doesn't NCMEC get their info from LE?

Specifically about the Kyron case?

I doubt that they have a hotline to the sheriff's office beyond "How many flyers should we print?"

This guy was just speaking off the cuff in an interview. This isn't a new development in the Kyron case at all. :twocents:

Specifically about the Kyron case?

I doubt that they have a hotline to the sheriff's office beyond "How many flyers should we print?"

I don't think just anyone can call up and, for example, report their neighbor's child missing, or call up and say a child has been found who hasn't, or call up and give false information that would impede finding a child.

If I'm not mistaken, NCMEC confirms all their info with the LE agency in charge of the missing child case. At least I sure hope that's how it works.

ETA: NCMEC does much much more than just print flyers.

This guy was just speaking off the cuff in an interview. This isn't a new development in the Kyron case at all. :twocents:

No, definitely not a new development. The article is from July 17. That's why my question was if Kyron is still in that classification, and how that might be confirmed.

The integrity of the investigation is paramount. Whyever would this man from an advocacy association, no matter how worthy, be briefed on an ongoing criminal probe?

HIS organization might confirm that it is an actual missing persons case, so as not to misuse THEIR resources at the Center...but certainly NOT be privy to case details.

This man's designation offers no clues to the state of the case. All he knows is that Kyron is a legit case and worthy of their organizations help. He is no "insider."

I don't think just anyone can call up and, for example, report their neighbor's child missing, or call up and say a child has been found who hasn't, or call up and give false information that would impede finding a child.

If I'm not mistaken, NCMEC confirms all their info with the LE agency in charge of the missing child case. At least I sure hope that's how it works.

I don't see how that proves this guy somehow "knows" what happened to Kyron. If he did, this case would be solved, and we would know where Kyron is, which we don't, and neither does LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back