2010.08.06 - Tommy gets 15 years!

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by Helplessly Hoping, Aug 6, 2010.

1. krkrjx

krkrjx Comfortably numb

I hope you are right. It looks to me as if they are fooling around with one of these traffickers, so I really hope you are right.

2. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

Do we have proof Tommy was trafficking drugs? I don't recall any videos or tapes being released showing he was trafficking....Maybe I was asleep when that proof was was revealed...Anyone else?

3. Indiana at Heart

Indiana at Heart Former Member

I didn't see any video either. None of Tommy

4. doobiedoo52

doobiedoo52 Former Member

Good point. And it raises the question--was there ever any video? In a non-jury trial is the evidence presented in court or is it just given to the judge for review? Were there witnesses? If there was video, will it ever be released to the public? Just wondering.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Former Member

[BBM]

Somehow I have missed this (bolded above). When did Tommy say he saw RC do something and RC didn't know Tommy saw him?

Not that we can believe Tommy, but this a bombshell to me.

TIA

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Former Member

I don't know why Werter should have expressed dismay. Did he not know what his client was facing if there wasn't a firm plea bargain in place?

Legal representation in these cases is seriously lacking IMO.

7. nas212913

nas212913 New Member

Did ANYONE see the video with Tommy and Misty and the Undercover Cop???

8. nas212913

nas212913 New Member

And....

Forgive me as I can't keep track anymore, but....

how many trafficking charges did Tommy have? One or three?

9. kamky

kamky New Member

It was on HC Audio #1 from the Sky97 audios that were loaded on Fri, May 21, 2010. I am on my way out the door, but will get you the link later, I promise. It's not a bombshell, because in all the later tapes, he changes over to blaming Joe. He says some very interesting things in the series of 15 tapes that Sky97 loaded. Things that I wasn't aware of. These tapes have 5 hours of hard-to-hear information. They were recorded much earlier than May 15th, but Sky97 doesn't indicate the actual dates.

Here's my summary of this tape:

- Tommy says s**t is about to go down but he can't talk about it on the phone. Nobody has any money (all they talk about!).
    - Tommy says Nanny is crazy.
    - Tommy says he will never do drugs again. Says he didn't do anything wrong & his lawyer says it will be okay. He wants to go home.
    - Sounds like Tommy is blaming Ronald & says that he will pay. Says that he saw Ron with Haleigh but that he (Tommy) wasn't there when it happened and that Ron didn't know that Tommy saw him. (It was hard for me to understand what they were saying.)

10. pittsburghgirl

pittsburghgirl Well-Known Member

Heh, me too. I was thinking the same thing when I posted: most of these people will be in jail when I go into assisted living. (I hope we both live long lives and will see these characters some day emerge from prison!)

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post, as well. Given that he will be missing his son's childhood and adolescence, he will just be ensuring that he will miss Junior's adulthood too if he comes out of prison and does any "leaning." But what are the chances, given the lack of rehabilitation in prison? Once the attorneys disappear, who will there be in his life to suggest a healthy path?

I've always held out hope that Ron wasn't involved in Haleigh's disappearance, but every time I think of it, I am gobsmacked by the combination of stupidity and arrogance that led to his dealing drugs while under a white-hot spotlight. Then I start to think about how drugs (their sale and use) permeate every aspect of this case, starting with why the kids were with Ron in the first place and moving right up to Tommy's sentence and the events to come. I have always thought that drugs (use and sales) explained his attachment to Misty, both before and after Haleigh's disappearance. And the poor children--Haleigh pays with her life and Junior with his heart.

11. Boots-OK

Boots-OK Member

Current Prison Sentence History:
    Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
    11/05/2009 POSS.CONTROL.SUBS/OTHER 08/06/2010 PUTNAM 0902113 5Y 0M 0D
    12/22/2009 TRAFF HER.,ETC. 4-U/14 GR 08/06/2010 PUTNAM 1000147 15Y 0M 0D

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=902113268

Hi, Em....maybe that 12/22/2009 charge is what OLG was referring to. That is what it means, isn't it? Looks as if they lumped his old charges in with the 2010 charge, right? I honestly do not always understand the way records are posted.

12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer New Member

Sad but true. There are some that thrive inside. They're good at making $, friends, or what they call friends, and basically doing nothing. Ron appears to me like he will excell there.
    These guys are so upset when it comes to being released they stay in medical wanting meds for "nerves." Thus the revolving door or at least one reason for the term.

13. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

Thanks Kamky,
    This needs to be explored.

14. mac66

mac66 New Member

My opinion is the sentence was excessive for the crime. I also do not get the feeling that either Tommy or Misty is mean/vicious or hard hearted enough to kill a little girl. I know they are petty criminals, but killing a child is a whole other ball game.

15. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

It was more than the minimum and certainly more than I thought he would get BUT now we know that the Courts believe that TC has information about Haleigh that he has not revealed. His attorney had even said he knows what happened to Haleigh. What would be the reason he would not tell the truth? Big question here. We have three people that lie and do it with great abandon...that is ron, misty and tommy. All three need to be profiled but were they? I have not seen or heard of the FBI interviewing any of them.

16. Nore

Nore New Member

--------------

Hi, count me in on the age thingy.The way things are going with Jose,I'm hoping to make it for kc's. trial.:dance:

17. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

some people are brought into this world, with 2 strikes, against them, & then take care of that 3rd strike, themselves. sad, & no real chance.

18. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

I'm not real old, but I've actually thought about getting old, being on my death bed, & asking, 'what happened to Haleigh?' I've also thought about the people, who've already died, & died thinking, that Ron was a great father, & was keeping his enemies close. & I've thought about the people who died, thinking that Misty was the wicked step monster. & I know that in the big scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, but it bothers me that people die, without the truth.

19. kamky

kamky New Member

Here is the link to the audio of this jailhouse phone conversation:

http://audio.thesky973.com/m/audio/31299715/file-1-tommy-hc1.htm?pageid=28469

20. kamky

kamky New Member

Here is the link to one of the Timmy/Tommy jailhouse conversations where it sounds to me like Tommy implictes Joe:

http://audio.thesky973.com/m/audio/31299740/file-6-hc6.htm?pageid=28469

Summary of HC Audio 6 from Sky97
    Conversation between Tommy & his parents

- Hank Sr is discouraged & crying. (It's so hard to understand these guys & to even know who's talking! They all sound alike.)
    - Tommy still saying he didn't do anything wrong. Now Lisa is crying. Says Tommy's lawyer won't tell them anything. Nanny is
    calling Lisa & Tommy tells her not to tell her anything. Lisa said that the newspaper said that Tommy took LE to Shell Harbor.
    - Tommy told them that the area around Shell Harbor & their old house was blocked off.
    - Now it sounds like Tommy is blaming Joe. Tommy says they will find the person who did the crime.
    - Lisa said that someone in her family (Christy??) is afraid of Joe. Lisa says they are hoping to get some gas money.