file date: 01/21/2010
judge: Terry j larue
case status: sentencing
defense atty: Fields, robert m
case file location: Criminal division

defendant: Cummings, misty janette
alias: Croslin, misty janette
08/19/2010 49 notice to defendant (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 pm) in jail

08/19/2010 50 notice to attorney (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 pm)

09/02/2010 51 case reset to 10/19/2010

Looks as if Tommy's Attorney is working hard for his client. Looks as if 3charges were dropped with the exception of the Jan 21 drug charge and that case has been re-opened. HEARING SET ON 10/04/2010 AT 03:00

IMO, Werter did not do all he should have for Tommy but now he is trying to fix that. He has filed a Motion for the trafficking sentence to be modified, hearing is 10/4 for that.

The theft charge (theft of the gun from former neighbor) was, I believe, the only charge dropped. The other two charges were not dropped but one was closed with a sentence of 172 days in Putnam County jail and the other with a sentence of 5 years in prison.

IOW, Tommy got a total of 20 years DOC plus 172 days in county jail (which was time served on the day of sentencing).

I do not expect Misty to get a 15-year sentence. I believe she is looking at either:

1. 25 years mandatory minimum, or

2. Youthful Offender status granted, sentence of up to 6 years in boot camp.

IMO, Misty would not be able to successfully complete 6 years in boot camp so her only chance of survival IMO is if the judge puts her there for considerably less time.

Whatever happens, it would be great if Misty were incarcerated long enough to get her GED and learn some occupational skills. Misty will not succeed once she is on the outside if she does not have some direction in her life by the time she is released, IMO.
If that boot camp is anything like the one in my town, I don't think Misty could last 6 days. I understand the concept of these things, but in reality, that place is horrible & was run by a monster. ('Captain' was his name). I would see little boys, no older than 6, marching with backpacks so weighted down with sand?, that they couldn't stand up. Seriously, they would be next to crawling, in the heat & humidity, crying, begging for water, wearing sweat suits. I couldn't believe it was legal. 'Captain' finally left & went to another town...where he got caught raping & abusing the girls. so, I'm sure he was doing the same thing here. shudder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back