2010.09.14 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE***

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 14, 2010 2:47 PM
Casey Anthony Adds Lawyers to "Dream Team," One an Expert on Death Penalty
Posted by Carlin DeGuerin Miller

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20016385-504083.html

<snipped>

Sims is renowned for attacking scientific evidence in civil and criminal cases. One aspect of the case Sims may focus on concerns air samples taken from the trunk of Antony's car. State experts claim the air in the trunk display telltale signs of human decomposition.

When asked if she had ever heard of the theory being used at trial, Sims replied, "No."

"Would you consider that 'junk science?'" WKMG reporter Tony Pipitone asked.

"I'm not going to discuss the specifics [of the case]," Sims said.

Sims also said she has not been privy to the specific media coverage the case has generated, saying, "I haven't had a television for several decades," the station reports.

Murder Docket Update:

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition Upon Oral Examination ~Third

Murder Docket Updated:

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition

09/14/2010 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition

09/14/2010 Motion Unopposed; for Certificate for Out-of-State Witness

09/14/2010 Notice of Inspection

Casey Anthony: Are new lawyers a big deal or not?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...nthony-are-new-lawyers-a-big-deal-or-not.html

<snipped>

WFTV-Ch. 9&#8217;s Bill Sheaffer said the additions wouldn&#8217;t be a big deal. &#8220;This revolving-door, changing personnel does not change the facts in this case,&#8221; he said. &#8220;The facts are the circumstantial evidence that form the chain to establish the guilt.&#8221;

On WOFL-Ch. 35, Orlando attorney Diana Tennis said the size of the defense team was unprecedented for Florida. &#8220;The divide-and- conquer technique is going to be very impressive,&#8221; she said. &#8220;They&#8217;ve got a lot of brain power on their side. I think, logistically, it&#8217;s going to get to be a lot to handle during the trial itself. But they&#8217;re really putting it all in full force. I think it&#8217;s going to be fascinating to watch.&#8221;

Please share this info with any sites that you visit ...

"Tim Miller and Mark Nejame will be appearing on a pretty good portion of the Jane Velez-Mitchell HLN show this Thursday night at 7 PM.

They will be discussing the Stipulation filed today with the 9th Circuit Court;

Why is it critical for a volunteer operation to protect the personal information of its volunteers

If they think the type of legal action by the Defense will discourage volunteers from working on missing persons cases

And possibly how the volunteers who appear on the witness list preparing themselves

And anything else that comes up.

Should be interesting!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads