2010.09.25 - Levi's Facebook - Misty questioned again???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see any evidence of that. I would suspect like any other plea deal the plea negotiations had been going on for many months between the DA and RCs attorney.

And frankly we don't know what Ron has told them or when. LE doesn't just interview someone one time. They will go back to reinterview several times as they think of more things to ask based on the other information they have uncovered in their investigation.

I always thought if any of this crew got a plea deal it would be Ron Cummings because imo LE has known for sometime that he is not involved in Haleigh's disappearance but is very familiar with the characters who are imo.

And sure enough........he is the only one that got a plea deal. And the only one that has agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her.
IMO

Interesting.. So he is planning to testify against himself since he is the one who killed Haleigh..Never once crossed my mind he would ever do that...IMO

Good question. Unless Fields has flown the coop, I find it difficult to believe Misty is being "brutally interrogated" by LE. I have no doubt it is being said, though, by Misty to family and by family to the media.

Misty might have thought LE were being brutes when in fact all they did was inform her of this fact: Misty is facing 50 years in prison and "Baby" will be out in 15.

Krkrjx, that's exactly what I think happened. Since this deal had been sealed for Ron and he was sentenced to 15 yrs, I think LE went back to Misty with all the statements Ron made (his valuable information). It makes me wonder if Ron is trying to put the blame on Misty....Remember at first he had nothing to say....That's probably why Misty refused to talk....she thought they were still in this together...now LE has proof that Ron is/has turned on her and blamed her for everything. They may have his statements in black and white, or even on video, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Maybe before, LE was trying to get Misty to come clean and accusing Ron of putting everything on her and she wouldn't believe them....still in love with Ron. With this plea agreement now they have documented proof as to what Ron is saying regarding the Haleigh case.

Interesting.. He is planning to testify against himself since he is the one who killed Haleigh..Never thought he would do that...IMO

:laugh::laugh:

Now that sure would set the constitution on its head! I don't think the DA wants to lose his license by doing something that unethical.

But yep, he is going to testify as a state witness against any defendants who are going to be on trial for Haleigh's disappearance.

IMO

Thanks CP for the link. I took note of Shoemaker saying that Ron tied up a lot of loose ends that would help the investigators formulate their theory as to what happened to Haleigh.

Now, how can anyone think that Ron knew nothing about what happened to his daughter? Clearly, the investigators needed information from RON to tie up loose ends in Haleigh's case. How could that be? He was at work:waitasec: He supposedly knew nothing. Shoemaker also said that majority of the information included what happened in the days leading up to Haleigh's disappearance. As far as we know, the only information we have about the days (the weekend) before Haleigh went missing is:
Ron and Misty got into fight about Misty being pregnant
Ron kicked Misty out of the house-Misty gave Ron back his key
Ron dumped Misty's clothes on Nay's lawn
Misty spends her weekend with Nay/WBG partying
Misty was not with Ron over the weekend but spoke with him over the phone
At some point the Cummings are looking for WBG
Sunday Nay dropped Misty off at her brother's house
Teresa tells us that Misty and Ron are up all night talking

What we don't know about that weekend is:
Who had the kids?
Whether or not Ron had to work
When did Misty go back to Ron (Sunday or Monday)
Did Misty go back to Ron at all?
Who Ron was with over the weekend
Did he ever catch up with Misty while she was out

I know there's more but ya'll get where I'm going with this. It is MO that LE probably wanted to know a few of the same things that some of us question. And whatever those answers are was key to helping investigators put together their theory/case. So no matter how you look at it, Ron had valuable information that would help Haleigh's case that he had not offered up before...because had he given that information awhile back, I think we would be further along in this case than we are now. Add that to the fact that Ron stop cooperating and hired a criminal defense attorney, I'm thinking that some of these same questions that LE is now getting answers for from Ron, are some of the same questions that Ron previously failed to answer or was not truthful with the answers. And IMO, Ron had to have a reason for doing so.

LE thinks that Misty is the key to solving this case. IMO, LE doesn't think that Misty had anything to do with killing Haleigh but they know she was at least involved in the coverup. Maybe they were just waiting on Misty to say that she wasn't babysitting Jr. and Haleigh the night Haleigh went missing. Even after the drug bust, LE was asking for tips regarding Misty's evening activities (Haleigh Statement from PCSO).

In the beginning Shoemaker told us that Ron would be sentenced last. We all know that didn't happen. I agree with those who think that Misty being sentenced last happened for a reasone. I wouldn't be surprised if there is eventually is a plea deal for Misty.:waitasec:

JMO...

underlined by me..

You may be right....Misty just may be offered one...yet.....I would not be surprised either...

You made a great post...

I just don't see any evidence of that. I would suspect like any other plea deal the plea negotiations had been going on for many months between the DA and RCs attorney.

And frankly we don't know what Ron has told them or when. LE doesn't just interview someone one time. They will go back to reinterview several times as they think of more things to ask based on the other information they have uncovered in their investigation.

I always thought if any of this crew got a plea deal it would be Ron Cummings because imo LE has known for sometime that he is not involved in Haleigh's disappearance but is very familiar with the characters who are imo.

And sure enough........he is the only one that got a plea deal. And the only one that has agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her.
IMO

BBM: This is what really disgusts me, Ron is the only one who got a plea deal? And the only one that has agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her. WTH? I guess we can count ourselves lucky that Haleigh's father got his butt in the wringer dealing drugs or he would have never agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her.........Actually that is the least he could do for Haleigh! Why wasn't he beating down LE's door a long time ago with this information? Just typing the bolded part above just felt so wrong to me.

BBM: This is what really disgusts me, Ron is the only one who got a plea deal? And the only one that has agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her. WTH? I guess we can count ourselves lucky that Haleigh's father got his butt in the wringer dealing drugs or he would have never agreed to testify against the ones who took his little girl away and killed her.........Actually that is the least he could do for Haleigh! Why wasn't he beating down LE's door a long time ago with this information? Just typing the bolded part above just felt so wrong to me.

Oh I don't think that is the case. Had he not been arrested Ron would have agreed to testify in any criminal cases, imo.

But his attorney has to perform his duties to the best of his ability for his client and Shoemaker knew he had to offer them something in return to get the plea deal. Just the way the system goes. To get something the defense attorney has to negotiate something in return that will be of interest to the DA.

This way they have it in writing instead of Ron just telling them verbally before that he would testify.

Some seem to making this plea deal out to be different than other plea deals and it simply is not.

IMO

:laugh::laugh:

Now that sure would set the constitution on its head! I don't think the DA wants to lose his license by doing something that unethical.

But yep, he is going to testify as a state witness against any defendants who are going to be on trial for Haleigh's disappearance.

IMO

Since when is it unethical... TO TELL THE TRUTH..EVER?

And who cares IF the DA loses his license?

:waitasec: BBM

Of course the DA has something to hold over Ron to make him abide by the plea agreement. As part of the plea deal he has to testify in the criminal trial for the State concerning any suspect(s) arrested and charged with Haleigh's disappearance. These are legally record documents. It is very clear that the DA does think his testimony is needed.

I no more believe this DA is unethical and is underhandedly trying to trap Ron (that is against the law) and I have never heard of a case where any DA has done such a thing concerning any plea agreement. They could be brought up before the Ethics Board for Prosecutorial Misconduct if that were the case.

They have long had his statements on record.

Why do you think they are never going to need his testimony? There is never a statute of limitation on murder. IMO, this is going to be a trial and Ron Cummings is going to be one of the key witnesses just like he agreed to do.

IMO
yeah, it's looking like Ron is gonna be a key witness, & that's why so many people are mad. He literally cut a deal on his dead daughter... with information that he could've given up over a year ago. but he didn't. & that's why I think he got that 15 years. Ron is being punished. & just like Tommy, his punishment isn't just for selling dope. That 15 years, tells me that these guys are playing hard ball, & they want Ron Cummings. & I believe they want him bad enough that they weren't willing to go under 15 years. I do believe they would've said no deal, otherwise. IMO, they know that Ron, at the least, withheld information & participated in a cover-up, in the homicide of his daughter, & they were unwilling to let him slide...regardless of what he offered up. Because I have no doubt that Shoemaker was working for 3 years or less. That's just MOO, but it's 1 I feel strongly about. Ron, in prison, for 15 years, doesn't fit the image of the grieving father who got his butt dragged into trafficking, by the mastermind teenaged witch. This sentence is not a victory for Ron. Yes, it could've been a lot worse, but it also could've been a lot better. I think this case is moving forward, but it's MOO, that LE was willing to move forward without Ron's sudden interest in cooperating...if that meant no prison for Ron. So, yes, I believe Ron is singing like a canary. He was backed into the same corner that Tommy was & that Misty is, & he was left with no choice, really. It was either sing or spend many years in the pen. & the fact that the deal took so long to iron out, says a lot about Ron's 'devotion' to Haleigh. just Ron looking out for Ron. as usual.

Since when is it unethical... TO TELL THE TRUTH..EVER?

And who cares IF the DA loses his license?

Entrapment is illegal. If the DA is trying to "trap" Ron, lol, then it is the DA who is the one that is not telling the truth.

I imagine the DA cares about his career, ethics and good standing and since when is it acceptable for Prosecutors to do unethical things and lie?

Of course there is not one shred of evidence that the DA is unethical but did this plea deal to the strictest letter of the law.

IMO

yeah, it's looking like Ron is gonna be a key witness, & that's why so many people are mad. He literally cut a deal on his dead daughter... with information that he could've given up over a year ago. but he didn't. & that's why I think he got that 15 years. Ron is being punished. & just like Tommy, his punishment isn't just for selling dope. That 15 years, tells me that these guys are playing hard ball, & they want Ron Cummings. & I believe they want him bad enough that they weren't willing to go under 15 years. I do believe they would've said no deal, otherwise. IMO, they know that Ron, at the least, withheld information & participated in a cover-up, in the homicide of his daughter, & they were unwilling to let him slide...regardless of what he offered up. Because I have no doubt that Shoemaker was working for 3 years or less. That's just MOO, but it's 1 I feel strongly about. Ron, in prison, for 15 years, doesn't fit the image of the grieving father who got his butt dragged into trafficking, by the mastermind teenaged witch. This sentence is not a victory for Ron. Yes, it could've been a lot worse, but it also could've been a lot better. I think this case is moving forward, but it's MOO, that LE was willing to move forward without Ron's sudden interest in cooperating...if that meant no prison for Ron. So, yes, I believe Ron is singing like a canary. He was backed into the same corner that Tommy was & that Misty is, & he was left with no choice, really. It was either sing or spend many years in the pen. & the fact that the deal took so long to iron out, says a lot about Ron's 'devotion' to Haleigh. just Ron looking out for Ron. as usual.

BBM

I don't know what you mean dodie.

The DA nor the Judge could go below the mandatory minimum. They gave him the minimum amount according to the laws in Florida. 15 years was as low as they could go. Mandatory minimums leaves no leeway.

IMO

First of all, Levi, thank you so much for keeping us posted and for all of your efforts to uncover the truth about what happened to Haleigh.

I've always believed that Ron was willing to sweep Haleigh's death under the carpet, so to speak, because talking about it would bring to light something he wanted to keep hidden. Some illegal activity that would put him in jail. That was the reason for the cover up, and the reason Ron didn't ask too many questions of Misty. As time went on, he picked up on pieces of the puzzle here and there, but turned a blind eye to avoid opening up a big can of worms. That can of worms was Misty's insurance. As long as Ron was holding on to it, he wasn't going to LE with anything he knew about Haleigh's death. That is, until he found himself facing umpteen years on the drug charges and the SA made him an offer he couldn't refuse, as he might say.

We know you have a can of worms, Ron (which I now think relates to illegal guns). You can go to prison for fifty years on the drug charges, plus we'll nail you for the guns. Or, you can hand the can over to us and we'll try to get rid of it and give you a break on the drug sentence, in exchange for the truth. Everything you know about your daughter's death. Without that can of worms, Ron's got nothing to hold him back. He can sing like a bird. He has to or the deal's off. And if Misty's on suicide watch tonight, that, imo, is the reason why.

So I agree with you that Ron has new information to offer, but not necessarily anything that will incriminate him.

This IMO deserved more than just a Thanks button reply. IMO bessie, this is "hitting the nail square on the head". Excellent post with very plausible points...jmo

Levi, I read on twitter that Cops put Misty under a brutal interrogation and that Chelsea is angry & is going on NG Monday. Have you heard from any of the Croslins regarding Misty's interrogation?

I pray that Misty will finally crack after hearing the news that Ron got 15yrs for 3 charges being a habitual offender.

IMO

You're right, LE just doesn't interview someone just one time....BUT when they kept trying to go back and interview Ron...HE REFUSED.

I thought Ron would get the deal too but only because I felt he had known all along what happened surrounding the disappearance of his daughter. A lot of us here spotted that early on.

And sure enough.....he was given a plea deal for providing a lot of valuable information regarding his daughter's disappearance. How convenient. In the statement that Ron's attorney made, he claimed that this valuable information helped LE formulate their theory as to what happened to Haleigh.

What that tells me is prior to this, Ron's side of the story was not being included. All LE had was statements from the Croslins on what may or may not have happened to Haleigh......If the LE/SA needed to have Ron's version of events in order to add to their theory...that tells me that the Croslins statements alone could not solve this case....they needed information from Ron too. And how could that be, if he had absolutely nothing to do with this or knew nothing about the circumstances surrounding what happened to his daughter? If that was the case, I don't think he would've had any "valuable" information to bargain with. IMO, that's why this case hasn't gone anywhere....LE kept the pressure on the Croslins when all this time what they needed......they needed from Ron. Go figure.

JMO of course

The following is verbatim what Mr Cummings has agreed to do in exchange for his plea deal. He agreed to provide:

Substantial assistance to include, but not limited to, truthful testimony if called upon at ANY lawful proceeding, including but not limited to, statements, depositions, hearings, trials, or any other situation required.

In other words, more than 19 months after Haleigh Cummings vanished, and only after MONTHS of plea negotiations, her father has finally agreed to give his assistance and tell the truth about his knowledge of what happened to his own flesh and blood.

There are no words that adequately express my opinion of this.

The following is verbatim what Mr Cummings has agreed to do in exchange for his plea deal. He agreed to provide:

In other words, more than 19 months after Haleigh Cummings vanished, and only after MONTHS of plea negotiations, her father has finally agreed to give his assistance and tell the truth about his knowledge of what happened to his own flesh and blood.

I have no words ...either.......

dodie said:
They could've dropped those charges.

How? He was guilty and he and his lawyer knew that.

They don't drop charges on people that are guilty of the offenses.:waitasec:

IMO

Thanks... so the tying up loose ends came from Shoemaker?

It's a crying shame IMO that he gets at least 10 years off his sentence for tying up loose ends that he could have tied up a long time ago if he hadn't decided it was not convenient for him to talk to the investigators about the disappearance of his dear daughter.

Basically he gets rewarded for lying and covering up information for a year and a half, since he wouldn't have had this bargaining ticket if he'd been honest and open with them from the beginning.
Hi Donjeta!!
I do understand what you are saying, that it would be a crying shame if he was rewarded for covering up, sitting on, etc info he could've given from the get go... BUT I see it a different way..

I see it as the info that was given wasn't sat on or hidden but rather that early in the case was not known to be relevant or important... Meaning that only after LE gleaning the partial truths from Tommy and Misty in these past 9 mos and carefully putting all of the puzzle pieces together, only then did LE realize that particular days or specific hours of particular days or events that were once seen as irrelevant that occurred in the days leading "up to the actual crime" were of great importance... Therefor going back to Ron and questioning about these specific days and events and thus making this info told by Ron EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND VALUABLE TO SOLVING HALEIGH'S CASE... jmo but is a different way to look at it and imo is quite possible...

You will find that standard wordage in almost every plea deal of this kind.

"Substantial assistance to include, but not limited to, truthful testimony if called upon at ANY lawful proceeding, including but not limited to, statements, depositions, hearings, trials, or any other situation required."

No where does it say he gave new information either. He is to testify to what he knows and be at any hearing the DA deems necessary. And no where does it say he refused to do so before this but now he is agreeing in a legally binding agreement that he will.

We have no clue if he was ever asked to testify before this. We have no idea when the DA made the determination that he was going to take this case to a trial(s).

I think that the DA has changed his mind in the past few months though and now does believe this case will go to trial. At points in the investigation I do think they thought at one time that Haleigh's case may go unresolved but no longer think that now.

If it helps bring justice to Haleigh then it will be well worth the plea deal. They have to have more than RCs testimony and I think they have more than any of us realize and is now ratcheting up the case full speed ahead.

The DA is getting his case lined up and I think we will see a dramtic move once Misty is sentenced.

IMO

You will find that standard wordage in almost every plea deal of this kind.

"Substantial assistance to include, but not limited to, truthful testimony if called upon at ANY lawful proceeding, including but not limited to, statements, depositions, hearings, trials, or any other situation required."

No where does it say he gave new information either. He is to testify to what he knows and be at any hearing the DA deems necessary. And no where does it say he refused to do so before this but now he is agreeing in a legally binding agreement that he will.

We have no clue if he was ever asked to testify before this. We have no idea when the DA made the determination that he was going to take this case to a trial(s).

I think that the DA has changed his mind in the past few months though and now does believe this case will go to trial. At points in the investigation I do think they thought at one time that Haleigh's case may go unresolved but no longer think that now.

If it helps bring justice to Haleigh then it will be well worth the plea deal. They have to have more than RCs testimony and I think they have more than any of us realize and is now ratcheting up the case full speed ahead.

The DA is getting his case lined up and I think we will see a dramtic move once Misty is sentenced.

IMO

"And no where does it say he refused to do so before this"?

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

“Besides ‘No I didn’t have nothing to do with my child being missing,’ what do you say?” he asked.

Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the department, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-09/story/haleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd