2010.1.25 The Check Fraud Case Guilty Plea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that I am finally caught up on yesterday and today's threads.

One thing that really blew me away is the lack of respect JB, AL and Casey give the judge. You can bet your bottom dollar, if I am ever asked a question by a JUDGE, I will be "Yes Sir" or "Yes Maming" them to death! Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing they all had.

Has the CourtTV version been posted online yet?

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I wanted to see if I am the only evil one who wanted to hear Judge Strickland ask for Casey's plea and hear her say, "Guilty" out loud?
Admittedly, I could have missed this, as I only saw Channel 13's coverage live, and the audio came on starting with the judge referring to a plea form that he had in front of him.
I noticed that Casey came in all smiles and little laughs, her pony tail fetchingly pulled to one side, ready for her time in the spotlight, but she became tearful when making her, "I just want to let everyone know..." speech, and her "wish that she had been a better friend to Amy". I kind of think that she is so used to spinning, evading responsibility,and lying to cover her actions that anyone who has tried to confront her in the past gave up in exhaustion. The Court, however, did not, and she was placed in the uncomfortable position of having to admit she had taken Amy's money. That is why I think she was crying, not because of any deep feelings of remorse for her actions.
JMO... what do I know?????

I actually think she was crying because that's what she thinks and/or was told she should do to make herself appear remorseful. It is all an act, IMO.
She was perfectly happy before her performance. She has practice at turning on the waterworks when she thinks the occasion calls for it. I don't think she was uncomfortable in the least!

ita agree with all the prior posts on this thread...imo, many of kc's statements to the "victim" were just ludicrous...

1) her being sorry for being a "bad friend"....imo, not being there for someone when they're in need makes someone a "bad friend"....stealing their money, should make them say "i'm sorry i stole from you" or "i'm sorry i took all your money you worked so hard for"...."worked for", imo, being the operative phrase here.

2) baez felt the need for her to address the court...to basically "humanize" this lying thief.

Most important to me.....

3) her emphasis on the "taking full responsibility" for her actions....imo, seems that might have been stressed more than once in her "scripted" (no doubt by her defense)apology.
It's this, imo, that will be used later to impress upon a jury....she takes "responsibility" for her actions. (only, by the way, because she was stupid enough to be "caught" on video doing the illegal acts and had no explaination other that the truth to admit to.)
now, that being accomplished in this hearing, since she "takes responsibility" for her actions where she is guilty (read as "got caught doing it")....she can't possibily take "responsibility" and plead guilty for caylee's murder...because she's not guilty (read as "wasn't caught in the act") and, therefore, she won't "take responsibility" for something she claims she didn't do ( read as..."being a lying murderer")....all imo

bingo!

I can't believe that I am finally caught up on yesterday and today's threads.

One thing that really blew me away is the lack of respect JB, AL and Casey give the judge. You can bet your bottom dollar, if I am ever asked a question by a JUDGE, I will be "Yes Sir" or "Yes Maming" them to death! Makes you wonder what kind of upbringing they all had.

Has the CourtTV version been posted online yet?

Oh my gosh, that drives me batty too! I would not dare address the Court as "judge". (But, I have seen the prosecution do it a couple of times as well, although not as much).
It is a very informal way of speaking and, IMO, extremely rude. His name is not Judge. You address the Court as "Your honor" even when you think it is awkward. I never say, "You to the judge". I say, "If your honor would like."
I remember being in Court once and an attorney called the judge, "Judge" and the judge said, "Don't call me judge, okay?" It was embarrassing.

I actually think she was crying because that's what she thinks and/or was told she should do to make herself appear remorseful. It is all an act, IMO.
She was perfectly happy before her performance. She has practice at turning on the waterworks when she thinks the occasion calls for it. I don't think she was uncomfortable in the least!

I completely agree with you, especially after watching Baez' little after court video comments inviting Amy to contact his office. It is very clear to me that this was part of a well orchestrated ploy (Part 1) and Baez' comments on camera were Part 2.

I was quite put off at the coddling, affectionate arm-around-the-shoulders-in-a-motherly-fashion behavior displayed by AL at this hearing. I am surprised this type of contact between attorney and client is allowed in the courtroom.

In the fraud case, there was no seated jury, but will this behavior be allowed to continue if a jury trial begins in the murder case? I would assume (hope) that SA would object to this display for reasons of what it may imply/infer to a jury??!!!

And you can sure bet it would not escape notice if the display of affection/support between attorney and defendant were between members of the opposite sex!

Hey...AL looks a little "butchie"....so maybe KC means more to her than we realize! The constant hugging and touching may be getting KC ready for being a "girlie, girl" when she gets to real prison!!!

Kc's plea to the court sounded like the acceptance speech at an awards ceremony. "I'd just like to thank everyone...." Sounds very much like, "I'd just like to let everyone know..."

I agree with previous posters that she did not even utter the words "steal" or "crime". It was "what I did". She hasn't learned a thing and is fighting it all the way...She copped the plea for practical reasons, not because she actually has remorse.

Like others, I too am suspicious of where funds are coming from and I can be patient because I know someone is going to spill the beans in the next FIVE YEARS that it is going to take to resolve this case.

We're in it for the long haul...

BBM.

Well it is awards season in Hollywood ...... maybe KC thought she'd win a Daytime Emmy Award or something for her acting role........ I was waiting for her to thank JB, AL, mommy and daddy, her acting coach, her fans, ....... and tell us about her sequel she is signing a deal on.

The Murderess and the Angel of Death Row :deal:

:star2: :takeabow: :star2:​

I was quite put off at the coddling, affectionate arm-around-the-shoulders-in-a-motherly-fashion behavior displayed by AL at this hearing. I am surprised this type of contact between attorney and client is allowed in the courtroom.

In the fraud case, there was no seated jury, but will this behavior be allowed to continue if a jury trial begins in the murder case? I would assume (hope) that SA would object to this display for reasons of what it may imply/infer to a jury??!!!

And you can sure bet it would not escape notice if the display of affection/support between attorney and defendant were between members of the opposite sex!

You would not see that in a Dr/Patient or counselor/client relationship or any other kind of professional relationship. It is shameful, manipulative and contrived. I hope Judge Strickland puts a stop to it, since we know it is all a ploy to make the jury feel sympathy.

Why didn't he chide Casey for mentioning Amy AFTER she was instructed to have no direct or indirect contact? Thought that was kind of weird. Casey probably didn't even know what he meant I suppose.

Why did she drag this out for two years? The video existed all along...it didn't just appear today. I tried to stay away from this case because my BP will go crazy. First time I looked at a thread here in two months and I am already irritated. Gads, that family is sceeeery.

I suspect she likes her cell (dorm as she says). If they had this case long ago, she may have been shipped to state prison but her hero Baez came to her rescue.

The big event in Casey's life will be when she has to leave her "Dorm". We will see some real emotion at that time. It won't be pretty.

Bold mine.

Yep, we will see real emotion then cuz it will be all about her! :banghead:

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I wanted to see if I am the only evil one who wanted to hear Judge Strickland ask for Casey's plea and hear her say, "Guilty" out loud?
Admittedly, I could have missed this, as I only saw Channel 13's coverage live, and the audio came on starting with the judge referring to a plea form that he had in front of him.
I noticed that Casey came in all smiles and little laughs, her pony tail fetchingly pulled to one side, ready for her time in the spotlight, but she became tearful when making her, "I just want to let everyone know..." speech, and her "wish that she had been a better friend to Amy". I kind of think that she is so used to spinning, evading responsibility,and lying to cover her actions that anyone who has tried to confront her in the past gave up in exhaustion. The Court, however, did not, and she was placed in the uncomfortable position of having to admit she had taken Amy's money. That is why I think she was crying, not because of any deep feelings of remorse for her actions.
JMO... what do I know?????

I wondered if you or anyone else read KC's lips when as she was seated and Jose said something to her and she coyly said, "shut up Jose" and then grinned? Talk about making me sick...:sick:...KC was "revelling" in her latest hearing! She must think she is up for an Oscar. *rolleyes*

..i've said this a number of times------what IS UP with the lawyers having their arms around KC??

..1st biaz practically smothering her when she was released on bond ( he said on tv that she "was holding her head high" (or some equal crap)-------tracy corrected that by saying kc told her directly, she told him "get me the *advertiser censored** out of here".

..in court, either biaz (previously) or lyon (always!) has her arm all over the defendant-------is this normal in a court proceeding in florida??

..i'm in canada----have NEVER seen the lawyers TOUCH the defendant like this.it's beyond absurd.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but WSheaffer in his latest blog suggested how kc's defense could have fought the check fraud charges coming in as evidence at the murder trial.
I like how he posts this blog after the fact, rather careful of him I thought and in my opinion smart.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html

Directly after the trial, did anybody wonder what in the world Baez was thinking inviting Amy to remain friends with Casey and contact his office any time when the judge just ruled that Casey is to have NO CONTACT WITH AMY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/22316847/detail.html

What I do not understand is how can JB ask AH to contact his office on behalf of KC when AH is a witness in the murder trial. Isn't that walking a very fine line, not counting the one the judge set down about no contact. I mean they were accusing the poor woman of involvement in Caylee's disappearance. Does JB really think that an apology just for writing those bad checks is enough? That was minor compared to pointing a finger at your friend and saying "she could be the nanny." Everytime that man opens his mouth I think parts of his brain fall out. JMO

..i've said this a number of times------what IS UP with the lawyers having their arms around KC??

..1st biaz practically smothering her when she was released on bond ( he said on tv that she "was holding her head high" (or some equal crap)-------tracy corrected that by saying kc told her directly, she told him "get me the *advertiser censored** out of here".

..in court, either biaz (previously) or lyon (always!) has her arm all over the defendant-------is this normal in a court proceeding in florida??

..i'm in canada----have NEVER seen the lawyers TOUCH the defendant like this.it's beyond absurd.

It's their poor attempt to humanize her.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but WSheaffer in his latest blog suggested how kc's defense could have fought the check fraud charges coming in as evidence at the murder trial.
I like how he posts this blog after the fact, rather careful of him I thought and in my opinion smart.

Hi QB!
I was just about to post that link when I saw your post. I don`t think KC`s defense team has a clue let alone a strategy at this point. I`m leaning towards believing they have no money to present a defense with and no desire to pass the case over to a public defender. All Moo- Maybe the strategy is to make foreigners like me think there isn`t one LOL!

Glad I`m not alone fretting about Caylee from TO! :canada:

Brilliant!!! I'm so glad he waited till after the fact to post that! :dance:

I just have the feeling that the only reason they pled guilty to the fraud charges is first of all it would be hard to deny it because there was video of Casey doing the crime,but most of all I get the impression that Baez didn't think it was all that important. IMO, they feel they paid restitution lets put an end to it,he just wanted to get it out of the way so he could concentrate on the murder charges.A naive way to think,but I believe that was his plan.Let's get this fraud thing out of the way,and get going on the real reason we're here. I don't think Casey will plea out on murder charges,on the advise of Baez.

I just have the feeling that the only reason they pled guilty to the fraud charges is first of all it would be hard to deny it because there was video of Casey doing the crime,but most of all I get the impression that Baez didn't think it was all that important. IMO, they feel they paid restitution lets put an end to it,he just wanted to get it out of the way so he could concentrate on the murder charges.A naive way to think,but I believe that was his plan.Let's get this fraud thing out of the way,and get going on the real reason we're here. I don't think Casey will plea out on murder charges,on the advise of Baez.

If you haven't yet read Bill S new blog, it is a very interesting take on the defense' choice of a plea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998