2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this here because it is not directed to any one in particular. I am shocked and amazed at how the opinion of MC has changed so drastically for some on this forum. For a year and a half the opinion of her has been so critical and at times downright ugly and now it seems to me the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction. Six months ago no one felt sorry for her. So what has changed I am wondering. jmo

I'm not a lawyer, & even I could've done better than Lisa. Fields could've gone to the nearest public school, & got a counselor to testify about how druggie parents ruin their kids. Where was the social worker verifying that Misty should've been taken away as a baby? I don't know how it sounded in court, but reading what Lisa said, was pretty powerful, IMO. She admitted to blackmailing her own daughter. How low can you go.

powerful & pitiful. IMO. especially if it was the truth. I am still waiting to hear from Fields on all this. Flo was in town. I wonder if she was going to testify that Lisa was a mess of a mother and completely failed Misty - but then Lisa agreed to do it herself...

I'm not a lawyer, & even I could've done better than Lisa. Fields could've gone to the nearest public school, & got a counselor to testify about how druggie parents ruin their kids. Where was the social worker verifying that Misty should've been taken away as a baby? I don't know how it sounded in court, but reading what Lisa said, was pretty powerful, IMO. She admitted to blackmailing her own daughter. How low can you go.

I'm not a lawyer either and even I'M questioning her counsel. Just... odd. That was apparently the best they could do.

I agree with you, but my question is why is a teenager on Zanax. Were they prescribed or were they illegal?

I am posting this here because it is not directed to any one in particular. I am shocked and amazed at how the opinion of MC has changed so drastically for some on this forum. For a year and a half the opinion of her has been so critical and at times downright ugly and now it seems to me the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction. Six months ago no one felt sorry for her. So what has changed I am wondering. jmo

I don't feel sorry for her in that sense; I feel sorry for her that her mom didn't know her b'day and that sux. I certainly think she should pay for her drug trafficking crime!! However, I do think it's unfair that her time was more - and there may be reasoning behind that - as I think there are multiple people involved in both the drug trafficking and HaLeigh's disappearance, and she is just one of them. Also, I did expect 25 years today. I think her counsel did a disservice to her for some reason. All my MOOs and stuff...

I can't speak for anybody else, because I've never been hard on Misty. too easy, I'm sure. But, maybe the ones who've actually changed their minds, (after all of the horror kind of sunk in), started looking at the bigger picture, & started wondering what led this young girl to such a place.

So, did Misty get the 25 years? We'll never find out where Haleigh is now, and Lisa should be in for life for what was done to her children. Maybe she knows lots more than she's said. Probably just a ruse to get someone to pay her lots of money in hopes she'll talk, then zilch.

I don't feel sorry for Misty, and think that she knows very well what happened to Haleigh, whether is was finding her or doing it herself. Not covering for Ron either.

Look up the laws and mininums for Florida, before you give an opinion. It has been stated over and over, Ron pled out on the major offenses and guilty to the minor offenses which were less than Misty's charges. I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I am saying this is Florida laws, and I wish everyone would quit questioning the results. I just wish everyone would make an informed opinion before posting.

IMO
Well, Misty was asking to be considered for a youthful offender program, so it's not as cut & dry, as you see it. Obviously, there were options, or Fields wouldn't have wasted the courts time.

For me.. The underhanded, two faced diabolical manipulative tactics from Ronald Cummings, his mother and his grandmother... JMHO

For me.. The underhanded, two faced diabolical manipulative tactics from Ronald Cummings, his mother and his grandmother... JMHO

I appreciate your post, but the underhanded, two faced diabolical manupulative tactics from the Cummings side has always been there. It isn't anything new. As far as I am concerned in this case nothing new has occurred and it is the same as it always has been.

I appreciate your post, but the underhanded, two faced diabolical manupulative tactics from the Cummings side has always been there. It isn't anything new. As far as I am concerned in this case nothing new has occurred and it is the same as it always has been.

I'm with you: Nothing's changed. Everything's the same. We prolly will never know what happened to HaLeigh. (I added that one.) I hope I'm not on WS when I'm 72 (in 34 years!!) checking on the status of the Croslins and Cummings to see if anyone says where HaLeigh is. Not that I don't love yawl on WS... That's not my point... lol :)

None for me. I had a colonoscopy today and I have had my fill of lime jello. :) Maybe just the liquor.

hahahaha! Deal!

Soooo... how many more counts does Misty have coming up? Do yawl think she'll get 25 for all?!!

I'm with you: Nothing's changed. Everything's the same. We prolly will never know what happened to HaLeigh. (I added that one.) I hope I'm not on WS when I'm 72 (in 34 years!!) checking on the status of the Croslins and Cummings to see if anyone says where HaLeigh is. Not that I don't love yawl on WS... That's not my point... lol :)

I can't wait that long either. I will say that I have no idea who did this horrible thing. I have not been convinced as to the innocence or guilt of anyone. And that is what bothers me most. I just hope that while everyone is directing their energy to MC or RC or TC there is not some perp sitting out there laughing and thinking they got away with this crime. And this thought haunts me. jmo

None for me. I had a colonoscopy today and I have had my fill of lime jello. :) Maybe just the liquor.

OUCH! Just the thought made me clench....shivver!

"bottoms up"!!! ROFL:toast:

So, did Misty get the 25 years? We'll never find out where Haleigh is now, and Lisa should be in for life for what was done to her children. Maybe she knows lots more than she's said. Probably just a ruse to get someone to pay her lots of money in hopes she'll talk, then zilch.

I don't feel sorry for Misty, and think that she knows very well what happened to Haleigh, whether is was finding her or doing it herself. Not covering for Ron either.

BBM

As this was coming out earlier today, I kept wondering if Lisa could be charged for any of this stuff she was saying. Wouldn't bother me a bit if she was. Saying I am completely disgusted by her skills as a 'mother' is a massive understatement.

She is involved. IMO, she hurt that child during a withdrwal and need for sleep.
What leads you to believe this, if I may ask?

Why would HaLeigh's father cover for her? Marry her? Why has he continually lied; from the 911 call forward? What explains the actions and words of HaLeigh's father, paternal grandmotrher, Teresa, and paternal great-grandmother, Annette?

This is not meant to sound rude and I apologize if it comes across as accusatory.

This is a very sad day, when a grown man, with a criminal history and a suspect in the disappearance of his own child receives 10 years LESS than a young woman who was made his wife a month after his daughter vanished. It is almost too much to believe. I hope some wonderful lawyer will step in now and help her.

My questions and my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member