2010.10.26 State Motion to Extend Depo Deadline For Specific Non-Expert Defense Witne

It is a treasure trove of information! It's been too long since we've seen the talent of Linda Drane Burdick!

I can picture the look on Judge Perry's face while reading this, it's almost priceless!

Beautifully written, concise and professional, and a helluva of a smackdown for Baez and Company - LOL:croc:

I don't need a powerbar this morning I have this!!

Thankyou Muzikman and Nums24 and a curtsey to Linda Drane Burdick. You rock!

A thought - which I imagine has been addressed already. Regarding ICA's signature on documents. Do the document dates and prison visits line up?

10/26/2010 State Motion to Extend Depo Deadline For Specific Non-Expert Defense Witnesses Listed After May 2010

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5858539...xpert-Defense-Witnesses-Listed-After-May-2010

Thanks MuzikMan :blowkiss:​

The Defense added 2 more witnesses almost a month after the deadline.

The Defense witness Mr Medino is listed as living in St Augustine Florida.Mr Medina has not lived in Florida since 2008...he lives in Mexico.

Travis Sanders. The Defense listed his address as Northern California and gave an email address....

Gail & Tamara St John..they provided incorrect address

Brandon Sparks..His Lawyer is no longer responding to the Prosecution to set a Depo date..REAAALLLY? HMMM? The SAO has contacted the Prosecutors office in the county where Brandon lives to help "secure" his presence at a deposition.

Laura B...well what can I say...New Attorney..specializes in White collar criminal defense.

------------------------

This IMO is where the BAEZ smirk comes from...playing a game with the Prosecution...let them have fun trying to find my witnesses..
Prediction...

IMO Judge Perry will not be pleased that he has to address and put an end this unprofessional conduct.

For anyone thinking of using Gail StJohn in the future, please be aware that she will dodge if requested to actually provide information on her searches. ;)

The Defense added 2 more witnesses almost a month after the deadline.

The Defense witness Mr Medino is listed as living in St Augustine Florida.Mr Medina has not lived in Florida since 2008...he lives in Mexico.

Travis Sanders. The Defense listed his address as Northern California and gave an email address....

Gail & Tamara St John..they provided incorrect address

Brandon Sparks..His Lawyer is no longer responding to the Prosecution to set a Depo date..REAAALLLY? HMMM? The SAO has contacted the Prosecutors office in the county where Brandon lives to help "secure" his presence at a deposition.

Laura B...well what can I say...New Attorney..specializes in White collar criminal defense.

------------------------

This IMO is where the BAEZ smirk comes from...playing a game with the Prosecution...let them have fun trying to find my witnesses..
Prediction...

IMO Judge Perry will not be pleased that he has to address and put an end this unprofessional conduct.

I remember that smirk the last time LDB mentioned having problems obtaining a depo.....At least she lists reasons for not being able to do them --- where as jb....just whines about the added work....I agree with all---I hope HHJP is in a bad mood and tells jb to shove it and get down to the job of defending his client....it isn't a game....

If the defense witnesses continue to evade having their depositions taken, does there come a point in time where HHJP can prevent the defense from using these witnesses, or info obtained from them, in the trial?

For anyone thinking of using Gail StJohn in the future, please be aware that she will dodge if requested to actually provide information on her searches. ;)

Well it seems she is also "dodging" the Florida Prosecutors...they stated in the Motion they have tried to reach her via her website and she does not respond.

The Defense, it seems, did not give the Prosecutors her phone number which they clearly have since PI Lyons calls her...but the defense did give the Prosecutors an address for St John...an incorrect address that is.

Well it seems she is also "dodging" the Florida Prosecutors...they stated in the Motion they have tried to reach her via her website and she does not respond.

The Defense, it seems, did not give the Prosecutors her phone number which they clearly have since PI Lyons calls her...but the defense did give the Prosecutors an address for St John...an incorrect address that is.

IIRC she has her own PI, but I might have her confused with someone else...BRB.

ETA: I must be confused. I thought there was a tie between her and Lynne Marie-Carty...

Wow.

Professionally speaking, I have more respect than ever for LDB after reading this motion. She even manages to exhibit grace through her written words. It is almost poetic. Truly amazing considering who they are dealing with on the other side. I would like to believe that I could have written something so succinct and smooth w/o letting my irritation bleed through, but I seriously doubt that I could have. I am going to print this and use it for inspiration when my frustration level is flying off the richter scale. Then I'll dig up Cheney Mason's nasty motion requesting Judge Strickland's recusal. That should do it. ;) I feel like I should send her a thank you note. lol

Like Judge Perry requested, it is just the pearls. Not the whole bushel of dirty oysters.

I don't even know where to begin talking regarding the contents of the motion. When reading it my emotions ran the gamut from empathy to frustration to anger. Truly amazing....and well, truly disgusting. God bless them for the work they do.

Just imagine this- the SA have deposed umpteen witnesses and are trying to find correct contact info for the others listed.... and they haven't used any airplane tickets or $150 hotel rooms to do so- they used Skype... they are trying to be efficient with the State of Florida's time and resources - are you listening Baez?

Just imagine this- the SA have deposed umpteen witnesses and are trying to find correct contact info for the others listed.... and they haven't used any airplane tickets or $150 hotel rooms to do so- they used Skype... they are trying to be efficient with the State of Florida's time and resources - are you listening Baez?

Yeah. I don't think skype, webex or working weekends and nights jive with CM's definition of "FUN".

Yeah. I don't think skype, webex or working weekends and nights jive with CM's definition of "FUN".

especially weekends....he really didn't like that one!:blushing:

Add another one to the list!

http://www.wftv.com/news/25549609/detail.html

Former meter reader Roy Kronk's son was to be deposed Thursday as well, but court records show Brandon Sparks is not cooperating. Sparks claims Kronk, who found Caylee's remains, appeared to have inside information.

Didn't we already know that from the motion? :waitasec:

Correct! It's just the first time he's been mentioned in the MSM as being non-cooperative.

If all these people have such a strong desire to testify for the defense, I don't understand why they won't just sit down and tell the State the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but. (sarcasm intended)

State's list of the Defense "late filed" witnesses (added past May 24, 2010)
State and Defense were ordered to give the Judge their lists, of witnesses added after May 24, 2010, by noon on Oct 18, 2010 - Defense has not done this.

Defense added June 30, 2010
- 4 additional experts - Dr. Kenneth Furton; Dr. Scott Fairgrieve; Dr. Jane Bock; Dr. Timothy Huntington
[State has until Feb 28, 2011 to take depos of Defense experts]
- Laura Buchanan (New Jersey) - State depo began Aug 16, 2010 via Skype - scheduled for completion on Oct 13, 2010 via Cisco Webex. State informed that LB was ill. State told that LB retained new counsel in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - cannot schedule depo by deadline of Oct 31, 2010. State asks for 30 day extension to depose [by Nov 30, 2010]
- Jill Kerley (Tennessee) - State depo done when?
- Brandon Sparks (Washington state) - his attorney stopped responding to State to set depo - State contacted prosecutors in King County, Washington to get his depo - State asks for 30 day extension to depose [by Nov 30, 2010]
- Crystal Sparks (Maryland) - State not need formal depo

Defense added August 30, 2010

- Carlos Chirino (St Augustine, FL) - State depo done Oct 20, 2010
- Guillermo Medino (St. Augustine, FL - State depo set for Oct 20, 2010 - lives in Mexico, not been in Florida since 2008
- Gail St. John (Ohio) - incorrect address given - State will obtain service of process to take depo - State asks for 30 day extension to depose [by Nov 30, 2010]
- Travis Sanders (no address listed) - lives Northern California - State unable to contact via email to set depo - State asks for 30 day extension to depose [by Nov 30, 2010]
- unknown female searcher
- Tamra St. John (Ohio) - incorrect address given - State will obtain service of process to take depo - State asks for 30 day extension to depose [by Nov 30, 2010]
- Holly Gagne (Orlando, FL) - State depo done Sept 30, 2010
- Paul Kelley, Esquire (Maitland, FL) - State depo done Oct 20, 2010
- Bradley Wright (Bradenton, FL) - State not need formal depo
- David Lohr (New York) - State interview w/o depo
- Thomas Berning (Kissimmee, FL) - State depo done Sept 30, 2010
- Patrick King (Kissimmee, FL) - State depo done Oct 20, 2010
- Susan Cecil (Maryland) - State not need formal depo
- John Samples (Georgia) - State depo done via Skype Oct 26, 2010

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online