2010.11.03 Bone Recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks - Just a reminder that this thread might speed up today, so be prepared for warp speed as news comes in. If/when the bone is confirmed, it might be a good idea to start a new thread that her death has been confirmed.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to comb through the last general discussion thread and transplant all the useful MSM article links from there to here so we have them in a single resource.

And of course, bring any new ones coming out.

But I will also warn that in cases like this you will see a ton of people claiming to confirm things on social media sites - but if you don't know to whom they belong, they aren't worth the electrons they are written on, and we don't want to contribute to rumour waves online.

So, please provide a link (to MSM), and remember - no cutting and pasting from social media, please, though links and summaries are okay - if you use your best judgement about the source. If you are not sure, please ask a mod.

There are no prizes for "scooping" on here, but we want to keep things sane, b/c online can get a bit wild when news stars flying.

And, lastly, I can only say that I hope today will be the day!

I have said since the second the bone news was released that it is more than likely Z's and the reason LE believes it is Z's (though unconfirmed as of yet) is because it probably has "saw" or "slice" marks on it IMHO. Remember that LE said he was looking for "PIECES OF EVIDENCE" so I think he knows what is ahead of him. And I'm also fairly sure he knows it was Z's because that entire area went under immediate LOCKDOWN with the approach of sunset and in preparation for an even more thorough search today.

if the finding is only bone with no other tissues found than yes something such as dismemberment was probably done. Also if the bone ia Zahra's than there is no way in h--- that dad last saw her Thursday night prior to the Saturday report of the "kidnapping". Lends credence to AB's statement that dad did something awful.
This case makes me want to barf
!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said since the second the bone news was released that it is more than likely Z's and the reason LE believes it is Z's (though unconfirmed as of yet) is because it probably has "saw" or "slice" marks on it IMHO. Remember that LE said he was looking for "PIECES OF EVIDENCE" so I think he knows what is ahead of him. And I'm also fairly sure he knows it was Z's because that entire area went under immediate LOCKDOWN with the approach of sunset and in preparation for an even more thorough search today.

I agree. The 'pieces of evidence' statement sent my hinky meter sky high when I heard it. I think some blood evidence was found inside that home that points to a horrible crime being committed there. MOO

Justice for Zahra!

wm

So what really bothers me is a thought I had early on. Yes, it's farfetched, and we don't know what kind of bone was found, but...What if SM got really fed up with Zahra and decided that she would just amputate the other leg as punishment? (Yes, I know - it's a very terrible thought, but I wouldn't put anything past her right now. :furious:) But little Zahra didn't live through it... :(

Just speculation... and I really hope I'm wrong.

That's what I thought when I saw the news of a bone being found, but then after reading the letters from EB I am confused again...If EB says they didn't kill her but what AB did after the fact was horrifying. It just make's the brain think, what happened could he have cut her leg off?

But it would have made a mess I would have thought and I just can't imagine AB doing that to his child unless there was something making him do it...

Can someone tell me if there was a news conference yesterday where the police talked about the bone being found. If so, is there a link for the news conference?

In the beginning, yes. But if a cancer (any cancer) spreads, it can get in the blood, the marrow, etc. It's one of the cancer tests they do to check on metastasis. DH had cancer 7 yrs ago and it was a routine test early on -- if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks! See? Told you I was scrambled. Didn't think about mets from osteo hitting marrow. (glaring oversight from me). Do we know what type she had? So many questions I have in my head but no time to go through them all. RL needs to hold off for a few days!

That's what I thought when I saw the news of a bone being found, but then after reading the letters from EB I am confused again...If EB says they didn't kill her but what AB did after the fact was horrifying. It just make's the brain think, what happened could he have cut her leg off?

But it would have made a mess I would have thought and I just can't imagine AB doing that to his child unless there was something making him do it...

Okay, I finally went back and read the letters. I think they might have done something to her - amputate her leg?!? - and then she died as a result. Hence, the statement that they didn't "kill" her. Then afterwards, I think it's possible AB perhaps did the dismemberment combined with some use of the woodchipper. Can this get any worse?!? :furious:

Okay, I finally went back and read the letters. I think they might have done something to her - amputate her leg?!? - and then she died as a result. Hence, the statement that they didn't "kill" her. Then afterwards, I think it's possible AB perhaps did the dismemberment combined with some use of the woodchipper. Can this get any worse?!? :furious:

I get a feeling this is gonna get too gory for me to read. It was getting like that in the other threads. I don't want to imagine the worst, I want hope for Zahra. I might give myself another time out for a few days instead of reading all these pages.

Please Lord let today be little zahra clare bakers day. Please let her rest in peace and be found so that she can be brought home to you lord. Amen

I think the bone belongs to her and I believe her stepmother told them where to find whatever's left of her.

My youngest daughter had Lymphoma. Chemo cured that but gave her Lukemia.. Bruseing is one of the symptoms..
Would Lukemia show up in the bone??

I keep thinking back to the Caylee Anthony case when they were searching the little Econ pond, where toys and a "bone" were found by divers. All of the info was being released by the media or people on scene (ie: riding around w/Murt), if anyone remembers.
This "bone" finding feels so much different. Info being released is coming from LE - calling it a "crime scene". I fear the words about 'what he did after was horrifying' are going to have much more meaning to us very soon, other than just the feeling of impending doom.

I keep thinking back to the Caylee Anthony case when they were searching the little Econ pond, where toys and a "bone" were found by divers. All of the info was being released by the media or people on scene (ie: riding around w/Murt), if anyone remembers.
This "bone" finding feels so much different. Info being released is coming from LE - calling it a "crime scene". I fear the words about 'what he did after was horrifying' are going to have much more meaning to us very soon, other than just the feeling of impending doom.

I agree....see post #18.:angel:

O/T, don't know where to ask............locals, is the pond drained now?
any news on the search?
How is the weather cooperating?

"About 2 dozen people were searching off Christie Road in Caldwell County looking for anything related Zahra Baker, whose stepmother, Elisa, is still being held in jail. Near noon on Wednesday, crews with a pump arrived and began draining a pond in that area. The bone was not found in the pond, which was drained later on Wednesday."http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

BBM - this gets my brain neurons firing. if the "bone" was not found in the pond they were draining - but they are at the Christie Rd area looking for more evidence. Are there multiple areas or is this very close proximity (ie: right next to the pond)?

Does anyone think LE might refer to a skull as a bone? Just thinking that there's got to be strong evidence that this is her to call it a crime scene especially since they know deer carcasses are dumped there. Either that or maybe a pelvis, something that would be quickly ruled out as animal remains.

My guess is that the bone was found during the line search leading up to the pond. And because of that finding, the pond got drained in hopes of more findings <?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam