2010.11.03 Third party involved?

I was a 911 operator, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that this call is NOT an appropriate- or normal- or natural reaction to not knowing where your child is. That is speaking from experience in handling missing child calls.... when a parent simply hasnt seen them for 10 MINUTES. Let alone 8 HOURS!

Now, as a parent, I have lost my child temporarily in a store. Have you? I know the panic that rises up inside you when you realilze that your child could be ANYWHERE, or with ANYONE. Have you ever been unable to find your child for 10 min, 20 min? 30? It's utterly terrifying. Paralyzing fear. There is no fear like that. As evidenced by my own experience with my child, and as evidenced by speaking with numerous other parents in that exact same position, I can truly tell you that AB's 911 call is an abberation of normal.

Actually yes I have that is why I said what I did.

It was the same as when a young 20 year old wrapped himself around a tree, or as my father lay dying while awaiting response.

So the simple answer to all the above questions is yes

Actually yes I have that is why I said what I did.

It was the same as when a young 20 year old wrapped himself around a tree, or as my father lay dying while awaiting response.

So the simple answer to all the above questions is yes

I agree 100% i have thought more than once my kids or grands were missing ...they like to hide! I didnt panic until I actually saw them. Once my son was at his friends and he said he wasnt there he had got in a car with someone I was calm and looked all over town and went and got the town cop, he was alot more upset than I was. he ended up being in the kids room playing play station. I live on a farm 380 acres and kids disapear for short amounts of time and I was calm until I saw them.I just dont think the 911 call is so odd. JMO

thanks westside :) i like yourself pull from life experiences

I see how people think ABs 911 call seemed heartless and uncaring. I personally see it in a totally different way. You see I have had 2 children who came so close to dying I planned thier funerals. luckily I didnt have to take that final step and they both pulled through.

Having a sick and possibly terminal child gives you a tough outer skin. You have to put a shield on your emotions or lose your mind. The way I saw it that was the only option. Since the time of my second child born at 1lb 3 oz with a perferated bowel given a less than 5% chance of living, Ive become tough. I dont panic in times of crisis. I dont automatically think the worse is going to happen. When My next son was born at 2lbs 10 oz and I was told there was a 99% chance he would have cerebral problems, I didnt panic. I took it in stride and dealt with the blows. My boys are now 18 and the father of an adorible 5 month old daughter, and 12 years old and the star of the basketball team and a hell of a football player....I am one of the lucky ones.

AB went through cancer and amputation with Zahra. The fact that he wasnt screaming and going balistic on that call or afterward doesnt make him a cold hearted killer in my book. Just makes him a parent who has had to have a tough outer skin to save his sanity. We dont all panic for the same reasons. Ive been through a lot and I dont panic, I would lose my mind if I went into panic mode. Just thought this may put things in a different perspective for those that think he isnt acting the way he ""SHOULD"" JMO

Please stay on topic. This post lands at random.

Bumping this post. From this point on, OT posts will be removed. There have been several warnings.

If this thread no longer has a purpose, it can be shut.

911 call thread is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118902"]2010.10.09 - Adam Baker's 911 call - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm sorry too. I moved mine. I had a couple responses to the posts about the 911 calls, and I moved them to the 911 topic. I'd like it if those posters would check them out! :crazy:

how the heck do you move posts?

I don't think there is any automatic way for anyone but mods to move posts. You can copy and paste them to the other thread, or you can hit "quote" and copy and paste that to the new thread, but I don't think there's a way to do it entirely.

If people wish it, I could move all the 911 call posts over to the 911 call thread, but it would make the conversations in both threads choppy, so I think it might be best to just copy and paste the posts yourselves to start new discussions of your ideas.

If you do want me to move any posts, please hit the alert and tell me which thread you want it in and I will do it when I can.

I keep thinking about AB's involvement (or not..). And I have a question I wonder if someone can clear up.. Do we have any knowledge about ABs involvement in the ransom note? I know EB confessed to writing it, but do we have any reason to think AB was in on that, or not? He made one 911 call (for Z's disappearance), but not the one for the fire, right?

Here's what I am thinking: If we assume AB had no knowlwdge of what was done to Zahra, it seems (MOO) to
require an assumption that he knew nothing about the ransom note. I mean, why would you need a ransom note if she was
asleep in her room, right? I cannot come up with a scenario where a step-mom would say "Let's write a ransom note for your daugter and try to get a million bucks.." and.. If EB were
to have done it all herself, and then told him.. What parent (no matter how dis-attached) would not have gone running to the cops immediately?

And I cannot see how he could have NOT been involved in all that silly cover up mess.. IMO he had to be involved.. No one is THAT oblivious..

(All JMHO.. Working through the facts as best I can.)

there has been speculation that eb was using zarah in some way to make money or obtain drugs, just speculation. a story told by a snitch added a lot of fuel to the speculation.then there is this story from about 20 miles south of hickory.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/child-53785-byrd-distributing.html

i can't wrap my head around this behavior and i'm sure the majority of us cannot, however it does exist, and is out there.

I've been wondering what the incentive was for EB to admit to writing the ransom note after 2 days in jail and then subsequently to give locations of remains. If she is in fact a career offender, even though she ducks and runs from charges, why would she cave so easily? Was it apparent to LE after being in the house that there was an odor of remains or other evidence of a crime? Did she roll over on AB but there is more forensics involved in determining his status in this crime?

I've been wondering what the incentive was for EB to admit to writing the ransom note after 2 days in jail and then subsequently to give locations of remains. If she is in fact a career offender, even though she ducks and runs from charges, why would she cave so easily? Was it apparent to LE after being in the house that there was an odor of remains or other evidence of a crime? Did she roll over on AB but there is more forensics involved in determining his status in this crime?

Personally i think the handwriting was conclusive that she had written it. I am sure they had asked both for handwriting samples.

Right now i see alot of information coming out and alot of speculation as to the Sept 24/25th etc and i think the one vital piece is the medical examiner's COD and TOD

The fact of other people being involved does not surprise me in the least as it was something i had thought of from the start
When it comes to EB she has been shown to lie in other warrants and this could be no exception

If it is true that only EBs cell phone pings were found in the pertinent areas then I think all along from the very beginning EB has been trying very hard to make sure AB takes the fall for Zahra's death.

Its a much better deal to be an accessory after the fact than confess to being a child murderer. I think EB is very diabolical in everything she does. She will sacrifice anyone and protect herself and possibly others.

I don't even believe her when she said Zahra died in September. Imo that is more bull pushing to insinuate that AB had to be involved.

Whatever happened to Zahra imo the truth does not lay with EB's empty words.

imo

I'm thinking that covering up blood splatter and tissues would take more than a touch up. And i'm really not trying to be snarky. That house was a crime scene, and it was cleaned up SO WELL that LE didn't notice it at first. There was blood splatter and tissue STILL on the walls, some of it was apparently just painted over. We are not talking about cutting up a chicken here, we are talking about dismembering a body. I don't think a simple little knife in a sheath would do it, it took power tools and that had to have left on hell of a mess. It took TIME to clean up.

ITA...and that pesky 911 call, with the "how you doing?", and the giggle....and the fact that he did NOT look in on his daughter after some random kidnapper leaves a ransome not for another child, mistaken to have lived there..meaning they couldve mistaken Zahra and actually taken her...no innocent, caring, concerned father would just ASSUME she was still in her room. MOO of course, but I really think he was in on it....some evil game gone horribly wrong or sexual (not necessarily by him) abuse of Z allowed.

Yes, but if her agreement was based on truth, she would have to be some kind of dumb to lie about when Zahra died when that can be proven by autopsy. She would be setting herself up for a fall there. I can't imagine she would lie about when Zahra died just to have her agreement taken away once the autopsy is concluded. But who knows. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the autopsy says about time of death.

My gut still tells me that AB was involved somehow, though.

I think the fact that in the warrants it was stated EB ,AY,KF,and little spitfire were all in IMVU but not AB. EBs phone pinged at ALL the dump sites NOT ABs speaks volumes and supports the assumption on [B]my part [/B] That AB was not involved. I also dont think the sept 24th date is correct. EB just wants AB to take the fall for her AY and SY.JMO

Hmmm... from twitter I'll have to hear this!

shelleyclynch Hear what Elisa Baker said to relatives two days ago about how #ZahraBaker died today at 5 on #WSOCTV.

Yes, but if her agreement was based on truth, she would have to be some kind of dumb to lie about when Zahra died when that can be proven by autopsy. She would be setting herself up for a fall there. I can't imagine she would lie about when Zahra died just to have her agreement taken away once the autopsy is concluded. But who knows. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the autopsy says about time of death.

My gut still tells me that AB was involved somehow, though.

I agree--there doesn't seem to be an incentive for lying about the date of her death. Why is one day "better" than another, when it obviously had to be some time between when they left their previous residence and October 9?

JMO

Hmmm... from twitter I'll have to hear this!

shelleyclynch Hear what Elisa Baker said to relatives two days ago about how #ZahraBaker died today at 5 on #WSOCTV.

Maybe it is the info from those letters to "family members" that were mentioned in MSM previously?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back