2010.11.16 NC Vigil for Zahra Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this did something good for this town and the people who will likely be wracked with this for some time.

I am glad they sang happy birthday.

NcMomma, M_K, you both keep vigil for Zahra every day in your hearts and in your actions. I say this based on what you have shared with us on WS. No doubt, you will both keep this sweet girl in your hearts longer than some who attended the vigil tonight.

Much :hug: to you both.

Just overheard audio: If we have to we'll link arms to stay together but....

Anyone else catch that?

It is starting to storm, thunder, rain and severe wind gusts. I'm spending the night in Marion with friends which is about 30 minutes away and the wind is horrible! It just started about 6pm here so I imagine they were fighting the wind that was coming in. It's like the weather held back just a few minutes till the vigil was finished. The wind is bending over trees and rattling the windows.

NcMomma, M_K, you both keep vigil for Zahra every day in your hearts and in your actions. I say this based on what you have shared with us on WS. No doubt, you will both keep this sweet girl in your hearts longer than some who attended the vigil tonight.

Much :hug: to you both.

awww..thank you! I think there are a great many here who care so deeply for all these children. I am new to WS but have been amazed at the outpouring of love from all of you for total strangers! Proud to be a part of WS and hope to contribute more in the future. :grouphug:

It is starting to storm, thunder, rain and severe wind gusts. I'm spending the night in Marion with friends which is about 30 minutes away and the wind is horrible! It just started about 6pm here so I imagine they were fighting the wind that was coming in. It's like the weather held back just a few minutes till the vigil was finished. The wind is bending over trees and rattling the windows.

Just wanted to "bump" this up to explain the weather...still thundering, severe wind gusts and rain as I type.

Just wanted to "bump" this up to explain the weather...still thundering, severe wind gusts and rain as I type.

Must have gone east of us.....just on and off rain over here. Stay safe! I hope everyone drives home carefully from the vigil.

Saying a prayer for Emily. I hope she is able to find some comfort tonight.

I'm going to go feed my family now, get my children bathed and tucked in...because I can and I'm thankful every day to have that opportunity! Y'all take care!

Some how that seems fitting......even nature is pi$$ed.

You know Teh I thought the same thing! It started with a deafening clap of thunder then wind gusts and rain. The wind was/is making those howling sounds. I thought Nature is furious too. When I saw the trees bending I thought even the trees are crying for Zahra.

I will be attending the vigil in spirit, only wish it could be in person.

Funny you talk about nature being pizzed.

It has rained hard here ALL day long. In hasn't rained like this in a long time. I said it must be the angels weeping for joy that sweet, angel Zahra joined them.

EEK. Just heard some thunder. Weird weather for sure.

My daughter and I attended the vigil tonight and it was heartwarming and full of emotion. At several points a crowd started chanting, "justice, justice, justice".

Chief Adkins made a very moving speech for her, and all the LEOs were there to pay their respects on Zahra's 11th birthday. At the end of the vigil everyone starting singing Happy Birthday to her and let their balloons float away in the air.

Tornado warnings. There is a special place in hell for the monsters that took this child's life and Karma is a big ole b!+ch!

WLOS tv 13 just had a weather alert warnings tornado warnings for Polk and Rutherfordton Co and just said Valdese.. Thats next door to Hickory...Sherlock and Kcsmom stay safe....Sherlock was the wind starting to blow during the vigil?

My daughter and I attended the vigil tonight and it was heartwarming and full of emotion. At several points a crowd started chanting, "justice, justice, justice".

Chief Adkins made a very moving speech for her, and all the LEOs were there to pay their respects on Zahra's 11th birthday. At the end of the vigil everyone starting singing Happy Birthday to her and let their balloons float away in the air.

I am so impressed by your LE! They have been wonderful!

WLOS tv 13 just had a weather alert warnings tornado warnings for Polk and Rutherfordton Co and just said Valdese.. Thats next door to Hickory...Sherlock and Kcsmom stay safe....Sherlock was the wind starting to blow during the vigil?

Very weird that it's rained all day and has been windy, but it stopped raining around 6:00 and the wind was not blowing. Beautiful night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven