2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

How can AB just opt out of a court appearance? I don't get it.

Maybe his lawyer set up a video appearance ?

Guess we will have to wait and see. Gonna be lots of mad folks in Hickory if AB is allowed to not face up to a judge when the court has scheduled he do so.

I didn't know that. I thought it was always a mandatory year. I guess you learn something new every day.

It is a mandatory year. You can get around it if you both sign something saying that you have been separated for year.

Edited to add: It's is one year and ONE DAY.

It is a mandatory year. You can get around it if you both sign something saying that you have been separated for year.

Edited to add: It's is one year and ONE DAY.

I'm not discrediting what you are saying, but I never signed anything to that fact, neither did my ex husband.

I'm not discrediting what you are saying, but I never signed anything to that fact, neither did my ex husband.

I'm certainly not saying this didn't happen in your case. I just can't find anything that says there is any way to get a divorce in NC in less than a year. Every law site that I find says that the year is mandatory in all cases. Maybe one of your lawyers knew some trick. I'm sure that the players in this case would have used the cheapest lawyer they could find.

Guess we will have to wait and see. Gonna be lots of mad folks in Hickory if AB is allowed to not face up to a judge when the court has scheduled he do so.

Charlie, I'm in Texas and I'm mad. :banghead:

There is a thread for the bigamy discussion now, so perhaps posts pertaining to that should be put there?

Just a suggestion.

I'm certainly not saying this didn't happen in your case. I just can't find anything that says there is any way to get a divorce in NC in less than a year. Every law site that I find says that the year is mandatory in all cases. Maybe one of your lawyers knew some trick. I'm sure that the players in this case would have used the cheapest lawyer they could find.
I haven't a clue, I didn't get a lawyer, there was no sense too. I wasn't paying for the divorce (various reasons) and we had no house, kids, money shared. He only got the lawyer to draw up papers and no other reason.
I don't how it happened but it was to best Christmas present I have received to date

Charlie, I'm in Texas and I'm mad. :banghead:

Teh, you know where I am and I am beyond mad...:furious:

Gotta believe, LE will not stop. Not good to get a Texas girl mad is it ? :D

It is possible his lawyer has set something up so he does not have to venture to the courthouse. I don't want anything to happen to him for sure until LE sorts this all out.

The one the lady is holding says "Adam is a murderer".

Isn't this regarding the threats against BB and her boyfriend? Wouldn't they have to be there too to testify?

"Keep Adam here, NO Australia"......I think is what the guys says.

fwiw..it appears that you do have to wait one year in NC now..apparently hasn't always been that way though..

There are now only two grounds for divorce in North Carolina. All fault grounds have been abolished.

1. Separation for One Year

If a husband and wife have separated with the intent of ending their marital relationship and have lived separate and apart for one year without resuming their marital relationship, either may file for divorce, provided one of the parties has been a resident of the state for at least six months. Spouses living in the same house are not living separate and apart.

Whether there has been a resumption of the marital relationship during the separation period will be determined by all of the circumstances. Isolated incidents of sexual intercourse during the separation period will not be considered a resumption of the marital relationship.

2. Incurable Insanity

Where a husband and wife have lived separate and apart for three years (without cohabitation) because of the incurable insanity of one of them, the sane spouse may petition for divorce.

more @ link..
http://www.attorneygates.com/Divorce.htm

Bakers don't appear in court for hearing

"LENOIR -- Neither the father nor stepmother of Zahra Baker was in court Thursday morning for scheduled appearances on misdemeanor charges unrelated to the death of the young girl.

Adam Baker, Zahra's father, and Elisa Baker, the girl's stepmother, were represented instead by attorneys.

District Court Judge Gregory Hayes continued their cases on bad check and other charges."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/11/18/811205/bakers-dont-appear-in-court-for.html

Isn't this regarding the threats against BB and her boyfriend? Wouldn't they have to be there too to testify?

If his appearnce today was procedural - no they, BB, would not need to be there at all. I don't think his appearance today was an actual "trial". Could be procedural or plea day maybe - just dunno what the purpose of the appearance was to be.

If his appearnce today was procedural - no they, BB, would not need to be there at all. I don't think his appearance today was an actual "trial". Could be procedural or plea day maybe - just dunno what the purpose of the appearance was to be.

Well it does appear that BB was there and ready to testify, in fact I suppose she did. Interesting that she claims the threat was made by AB. Do we know what exactly the threat was? Not the various stories she's related to the media but on the actual legal documents.

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back