2010.11.30 Warrant Number 1 - Discussion Thread

They also may have been handed over willingly. AB was at the house several times with LE. He may have said yeah sure, go ahead and take them. I'm sure he isn't going to tell them no you need a warrant. This is where some things are starting to click with me that they may indeed have a whole lot more than we are seeing. I was thinking the other night that the phone they had the warrant for might not have been in his name. Certain things that he did not own as a sole person could have required warrants. It's just a thought.

I believe you are correct. As extensive as the list is of things taken, we know they've seized other things as well. The most obvious thing not listed in the warrants released is the mattress and bed frame they took on October 15th (I believe.) I am sure that LE has far more than what is listed in these warrants, and I believe that AB signed them over for inspection of evidence. I would be far more interested in viewing the property logs to get a better idea of what LE has.

I've been having a hard time trying to get a handle on these 2 items from SW:

Cloth material
Green cloth

I wondered why the first would be described as "cloth material" and the other refered to as simply "cloth". So I did alittle reasearch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile

<snipped by me>

The words fabric and cloth are used in textile assembly trades (such as tailoring and dressmaking) as synonyms for textile. However, there are subtle differences in these terms in specialized usage. Textile refers to any material made of interlacing fibres. Fabric refers to any material made through weaving, knitting, spreading, crocheting, or bonding. Cloth refers to a finished piece of fabric that can be used for a purpose such as covering a bed.

So, from this information, I'm assuming the "green cloth material" was a finished piece of cloth used to cover something...a bed, a table, lawn furniture, that type of thing.

The "cloth material" still leaves me clueless. It almost sounds as though it's a piece of cloth, without a specific purpose, or a purpose LE couldn't determine.

(Just some random thoughts.)

ETA: And I'm still wondering where the pink curtains from one of Zahra's bedroom windows are. If LE retrieved those, wouldn't they be listed as " pink bedroom curtains", and not "cloth material"? So confusing.

I'm thinking the 'cloth material' might be from the burn pile or that hole in the backyard or similar. So they could only tell it was once a piece of cloth of some sort, if that makes sense.

The green cloth sounds like it was more obviously an intact piece of cloth.

Bumping from the news thread

DA's office asks to delay hearing on Baker warrants
Hearing on sealed search warrants was scheduled for next week; wants it moved to January.

(snipped)

"The Catawba County district attorney's office filed a motion Wednesday to move a hearing to discuss at least 20 sealed search warrants in the Zahra Baker investigation. The new date is Jan. 3, 2011.

The warrants that remain sealed contain DSS information on Elisa&#8217;s three children, Brittany Proctor (Starbuck),Amber Fairchild and Douglas Proctor in Alexander,Cleveland,Lincoln,Gaston,Burke,Catawba and Caldwell counties.

The search warrants also contain information on the Baker house at 21 ave.NW in Hickory, cell phone records, information from IMVU, the social networking site where Elisa met Adam and medical records for Elisa Baker."

more at link

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...delay-hearing-zahra-baker-warrants-ar-601764/

(original post by lauriej)

Hearing on sealed search warrants was scheduled for next week; wants it moved to January.

(snipped)

"The Catawba County district attorney's office filed a motion Wednesday to move a hearing to discuss at least 20 sealed search warrants in the Zahra Baker investigation. The new date is Jan. 3, 2011.

The warrants that remain sealed contain DSS information on Elisa&#8217;s three children, Brittany Proctor (Starbuck),Amber Fairchild and Douglas Proctor in Alexander,Cleveland,Lincoln,Gaston,Burke,Catawba and Caldwell counties.

The search warrants also contain information on the Baker house at 21 ave.NW in Hickory, cell phone records, information from IMVU, the social networking site where Elisa met Adam and medical records for Elisa Baker."

more at link

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...delay-hearing-zahra-baker-warrants-ar-601764/

The good thing I see out of this is that the DA probably will make an arrest just days before these search warrants will become unsealed. The clock is ticking for the investigators to tie everything up. EDIT TO ADD: Crap a hearing to DISCUSS? This tells me the DA will delay as much as they can.

(snipped)

The warrants that remain sealed contain DSS information on Elisa’s three children, Brittany Proctor (Starbuck),Amber Fairchild and Douglas Proctor in Alexander,Cleveland,Lincoln,Gaston,Burke,Catawba and Caldwell counties.

more at link

IMO, the DA better have a pretty compelling reason as to why he wants those records to remain sealed. If not, I think the judge it apt to release them. I don't think them needing more time will fly with this judge. It didn't the last time. He better be prepared to defend his motion on 12/13 as scheduled, IMO.

I noticed that the sealed warrants contain DSS info for EB's 3 older children in SEVEN counties! That would mean at least 7 different referrals being made over those children's lifetimes. I know it takes tremendous courage for most people to call DSS about a child. Usually the courts are very protective of info about minor children - however they are no longer children (to my knowledge). Seven referrals is quite significant. (IMO)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back