2010.12.28 Defense Motion re: Heart Sticker

I think the heart shaped sticker residue etc is a wash, fwiw. I think it was a valid lead based upon what someone thought they saw, didnt pan out, moving on...jmo

True, the evidence was destroyed so, I stand corrected and this is not needed at trial. The state has much more than just a sticker, I just don't like the term used "phantom"...Seems this is the same word JA used to describe the alleged ZFG! Baez likes to go tit for tat with him...hilarious that he too is read like an open book! JMHO

Justice for Caylee

ITA & posted this same thing the other day :

12-21-2010, 09:08 PM

Itsy

(snipped for space & I don't know how to do the "view single post" thingy)

I do believe we're going to see a LOT more of these type of motions introduced in the coming months. They're going to try to get anything & everything tossed out, IMO. Just you watch & see!

Good luck getting those 31 days tossed out.

Ditto duct tape, Pooh blanket, laundry bag, and boyfriend.

Touch. Down.

Home. Run.

Slam. Dunk.

Have we seen this motion yet? Will they try to use passed reference to evidence being destroyed as it was processed as a reason for exclewsion?

Casey Anthony team wants heart sticker found near Caylee’s body excluded from evidence

Last Updated: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:55 AM

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...und-near-Caylee’s-body-excluded-from-evidence

So the defense not only doesn't want any mention of the heart sticker "residue" on the duct tape that was referenced in the FBI reports, now they don't even want the sticker that was found near Caylee's remains to be brought in as evidence?? Did I get that right?

And, if that is correct, what are the chances the defense would be able to keep the existence of the physical heart sticker found at the scene OUT of the trial?

TIA!

Well, they're going to do something that drives me bonkers - they are going to say it was part of the trash there, and there's no way it could be linked to Caylee or the A's. That drives me bonkers because they are also going to say the exact OPPOSITE when it comes that partial DNA that was found (that was probably from a lab person). Oh, that has to be the real killer's DNA, not from the random trash and swamp conditions she lay in for months. ARGH! You can't have it both ways, Baez!

I think the heart shaped sticker residue etc is a wash, fwiw. I think it was a valid lead based upon what someone thought they saw, didnt pan out, moving on...jmo

I absolutely agree with you. But...

There IS still the cutout of the outer edge of that one little heart sticker that may just may match the sticker that was found in the woods. I don't think we have heard ANYTHING about them TRYING that sticker inside that cutout? Have we?

Oh what I would give to be on that Jury. and Heck, Yes I would argue with people about the DP.

JB and CM continue to file motions that disrespect deadlines. I wonder if the rush in filings now is because a "little birdy" told them that January 3 will be the last chance to abuse that deadline.

I think the Judge will hear any and all late motions on the third with a "too bad" about any others after.

Perhaps AZ could answer this:
As someone had suggested before. All of these motions may have been unnecessary because the defense could just object (mentioned in the Tim Miller motion thread not long ago). Why does the defense continue to file pre-trial motions rather than object during trial? Is it so that the jury not hear something to later be told to disregard?

Yes, exactly. :)

I just hope that they just now didn't read it.....shouldn't some of these been filed ages ago? Like when they first appeared?????--instead of the contiuned reminders they are doing now?:waitasec:

The normal date for filing motions in limine is whatever the deadline is. :) In AZ state courts, we usually file them about 10 days before trial.

Casey Anthony team wants heart sticker found near Caylee’s body excluded from evidence

Last Updated: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:55 AM

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...und-near-Caylee’s-body-excluded-from-evidence

So the defense not only doesn't want any mention of the heart sticker "residue" on the duct tape that was referenced in the FBI reports, now they don't even want the sticker that was found near Caylee's remains to be brought in as evidence?? Did I get that right?

And, if that is correct, what are the chances the defense would be able to keep the existence of the physical heart sticker found at the scene OUT of the trial?
TIA!

Pretty high, as that sticker clearly was NOT attached to the duct tape--it was still attached to a piece of cardboard when it was found at the scene--and is not connected by any forensic evidence to Casey, Caylee, the A. house, etc.

I absolutely agree with you. But...

There IS still the cutout of the outer edge of that one little heart sticker that may just may match the sticker that was found in the woods. I don't think we have heard ANYTHING about them TRYING that sticker inside that cutout? Have we?

I tried it and it doesn't fit. :) But it isn't too surprising that it doesn't fit, since it was still stuck to a piece of cardboard when it was found at the scene. IMO if there was any heart sticker attached to the duct tape, it was the sparkly holographic heart sticker that was carefully cut out of the sheet of heart stickers found in Casey's bedroom with decorative scissors, and the backer for which was found in the "Caylee Marie" keepsake box in Casey's closet--right on top, like it was the last thing put in there.

Yes, exactly. :)

The normal date for filing motions in limine is whatever the deadline is. :) In AZ state courts, we usually file them about 10 days before trial.

Pretty high, as that sticker clearly was NOT attached to the duct tape--it was still attached to a piece of cardboard when it was found at the scene--and is not connected by any forensic evidence to Casey, Caylee, the A. house, etc.

I tried it and it doesn't fit. :) But it isn't too surprising that it doesn't fit, since it was still stuck to a piece of cardboard when it was found at the scene. IMO if there was any heart sticker attached to the duct tape, it was the sparkly holographic heart sticker that was carefully cut out of the sheet of heart stickers found in Casey's bedroom with decorative scissors, and the backer for which was found in the "Caylee Marie" keepsake box in Casey's closet--right on top, like it was the last thing put in there.

BBM - "You can't unring a bell." - I agree, but I do fully expect Baez to do just that with the "prior bad acts" of Kronk. Of course he risks being held in contempt, but I think Baez knows his JD is already on the line after this trial, so is it your opinion that he'll risk it by making this move?

Also, your opinion on the admission of the Heart shaped sticker, please? Is it going to make the Evidentiary cut? If you've answered this elsewhere, I apologize. Santa has had me very, very busy for the past week and I haven't gotten to read much here. TIA!

:woohoo: :woohoo: Thank you!

Again, no certificate of service to the State? How do they continue to get away with pretending to be lawyers?

From the link Muzikman provided: "Three pieces of duct tape found near the body"........!?!!?!? :waitasec:

I suppose the M.E. having to cut the duct tape out of little Caylee's hair is what the Defense calls, "found near"!?!?!? :rolleyes:

With all these motions requesting evidence be excluded they might as well just wave a red flag bringing attention to all these items that will get KC the DP.. as soon as people see their motions they know what the defense is scared of the Jury seeing.

IMO, this just shows that the defense has absolutely nothing to help Casey, so they need to get things thrown out that ARE there in order to help her. I don't have a problem with them attempting to get anything thrown out. I expect it. They'd actual be dumb not to at least try.

My advice for everyone is to go back and listen to the 3rd 911 call that will be heard by the jury. Three of the most important facts of this case are in that third 911 call. We have the 31 days! Zenaida-Fernandez-Gonzalez! And the smell of death in Casey's car!

We also have Casey admitting, in her own words, that she got a call that day and spoke with Caylee. A call that is proven to not exist. We also have Casey, in her own words stating that she was conducting her own investigation (in so many words) during those 31 days.

There is no magic wand anyone can wave to make these statements disappear.

Let the defense have their fun, and add a few helpless wins on their belts, because when it all comes down to it, the most important facts of this case will be heard by the jury.

MOO!

Oooh goodie!!! I love reading these!!! Always good for a laugh.

From the link Muzikman provided: "Three pieces of duct tape found near the body"........!?!!?!? :waitasec:

I suppose the M.E. having to cut the duct tape out of little Caylee's hair is what the Defense calls, "found near"!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Really weird choice of words from the defense as no actual "body" was found. Only the scattered remains of this precious two-year-old baby that LE had to use sifters to help collect her tiny bones.

Sounds to me, by using the word "body" they are trying to minimize the condition she was really in when she was found. Unfortunately for them, the jury will see autopsy photographs and photographs of exactly HOW and WHERE Caylee's remains were found and no word they can come up with is going to erase the memory of those pictures from the jurys minds when it comes time for deliberations.

Bolded and in red by me. That jumped out at me right away. Who are they trying to fool? Three pieces were wrapped so tightly around Caylee's nose, mouth, and hair that it left her mandible in place for 6 months.

Please Jose, read the autopsy report or quit lying. :seeya:

Never mind, jurors love liars so keep on pumping them out. The wilder the better. I'm on pins and needles waiting for you to reveal the big surprise so we'll all understand.

IMO

BBM - "You can't unring a bell." - I agree, but I do fully expect Baez to do just that with the "prior bad acts" of Kronk. Of course he risks being held in contempt, but I think Baez knows his JD is already on the line after this trial, so is it your opinion that he'll risk it by making this move?

Also, your opinion on the admission of the Heart shaped sticker, please? Is it going to make the Evidentiary cut? If you've answered this elsewhere, I apologize. Santa has had me very, very busy for the past week and I haven't gotten to read much here. TIA!

JB won't be held in contempt for mentioning prior bad acts of Kronk, unless there's an order in place precluding him from doing so.

I really don't think the heart shaped outline on the tape will be admitted into evidence. Not everyone can see it--even the FBI said they had failed to capture the shape in their photos.

Bolded and in red by me. That jumped out at me right away. Who are they trying to fool? Three pieces were wrapped so tightly around Caylee's nose, mouth, and hair that it left her mandible in place for 6 months.

Never mind, jurors love liars so keep on pumping them out. The wilder the better. I'm on pins and needles waiting for you to reveal the big surprise so we'll all understand.

IMO

Yep, that's about as believable as some random person in the tow yard putting a dead body in Casey's trunk (I think George said that, but still). Jeebus, people, if you're going to lie, make it a BELIEVABLE lie!

IMO

So tightly wrapped that it stayed in place through torrential rains, extreme heat, and a Tropical Storm... not to mention the scavengers that has access to her remains.

I just want to point out that when I do get graphic, it is in no way to disrespect Caylee and her memory. These are the realities of this case and what Caylee went through. I think that it is important to remember what exactly Caylee went through because it is so horrific. Not to mention the defense constantly trying to gloss over (with a blinding glitter) the facts of what Caylee went through. I want the defense to know (because I know they read here) that we have not forgotten, nor will we ever forget what Caylee went through and that a jury will be presented with the facts of what Caylee went through... not only in death, but when she was thrown out into those woods like trash by her own mother!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back