2011.01.18.: "Briefcase" found that *may* contain evidence in Zahra Baker case

I agree I can't see any if them with a briefcase and am thinking unrelated.

I hope they can tell us quickly if it has anything to do with Zahra's case. It not being found during the extensive search of that area is quite puzzling and make me think that it was dropped/lost there afterwards. Its either someone's sick joke ( being so close to the location of Zahra search area, blanket in a suitcase with nothing else to mention) or it has to do with Zahra and someone dumped it after the fact to get rid of information or someone with second hand knowledge wanted it to be found and not implicate themselves in it and thought someone would find it ( mourners visiting the area/loggers/investigators ect)

I would have thought ( maybe way to much CSI ) that they could have tested it on the spot to see if it was human blood on the blanket. If it belonged to someone who just LOST it as someone else mentioned, i would believe that it would have more then just a blanket in it, documents of sorts ( unless LE is not telling it) and it would have been stated as such and we told that it is unlikley involved in the case.

I personally think it will have ties to this case, and I hope it does and is able to shed more light on what happened to her.

What if it was to place the "ransom" money inside and then they ditched it (EB and AB) after the whole set up failed?

A mildewy, brown blanket with a dark, thus far, unidentified stain on folded and placed in a briefcase and tossed into the woods near a memorial marker for a dead, dismembered child.

1) the blanket would have to be small, not a full sized blanket in order to fit in that briefcase IMO. Think very lightweight or like a small throw or baby blanket. This is the only way I see a folded blanket fitting in a briefcase of the dimensions as the one pictured.

2) Who stores a blanket such as that and nothing else in their briefcase?

3) Who tosses a perfectly good briefcase a hundred yards into the woods?

curiouser and curiouser

I'm in the camp that doesn't believe the briefcase is connected to AB/ EB. I don't think either of them would have had a need for one, and it's not their style.

:twocents:

I have to disagree with the briefcase not being thier style. EB wants to be important. I can see her carrying one just to make people think shes more important than she is.

When I first heard of the briefcase an image of a person I know doesnt have anything of value and a podunk job (when he has one at all)makes sure to carry a briefcase into cafes or in front of people to look more important. He will make a show of going to get it just so people will see it.

I can see several people related to this case being just like that. JMO

If the blanket is related I can see someone hiding a small blanket within it. The only reason to hide a blanket in that circumstance is that it contains some sort of damaging evidence or is readily identifiable as belonging to someone specific.

Perhaps its disposal within the briefcase was simply a matter of convenience. If I were hiding an incriminating blanket in a briefcase but needed to get rid of it, I might think I was going to transport the blanket within the briefcase were it has been secreted for all these weeks. Upon arriving at my dump spot and opening the briefcase I am assaulted by the smell of mold and mildew. I quickly reclose the briefcase and decide rather than keep the now stinky briefcase I may as well simply chuck the whole thing into the woods.

All I have to say is, someone is still out that should be in jail and could have discarded that suitcase easily. (actually two someone's if the other person is involved). And honestly, we haven't heard a peep about AB's whereabouts or what he's been up to lately.

Also we don't know if it's a full blanket, or maybe a piece of a blanket that had blood on it and was cut and stuck into the suitcase. I do like the idea that maybe it was going to be used in the ransom scheme until that blew up in EB and AB's faces.

Or, it could be nothing.

Like someone else said, this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser...

BBM: Or something particularly special about it; as in momento, keepsake, relic. :sick: If someone else with a tiny bit of conscious knew of this item, maybe they would want to put it in a briefcase that could be linked back to someone involved and casually toss it close to the memorial site because someone would be bound to find it sooner or latter. All of this is just my opinion, obviously! Honestly, I am not even 10% convinced this is going to end up related to the Zahra case. It is just too stupid!!! If it does end up being connected, then it is going to be just weird.

It's just weird no matter what. Even if it isn't related to Zahra's case, a newish looking briefcase with blanket in it (with or without blood) in the deep woods is just weird.

JMO

"funnygirl" at THM spotted this pic of adam, is that a briefcase in his right hand?

101610moneytroubles.jpg

Also we don't know if it's a full blanket, or maybe a piece of a blanket that had blood on it and was cut and stuck into the suitcase. I do like the idea that maybe it was going to be used in the ransom scheme until that blew up in EB and AB's faces.

Or, it could be nothing.

Like someone else said, this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser...

If it was related to the kidnapping scheme, the blanket could have been from Zahra's bed as "proof" the "kidnappers" had her. The briefcase was to be filled with money & dropped off. I'm not convinced that this is related to the case but it is strange for someone to put a blanket in a briefcase & drop it off deep in the woods.

Man I must really need to get my eyes checked (only half joking here, need reading glasses) I cannot see anything specific in Adam's hand. The area of the photo where his right hand hangs is so enveloped in shadows. It does appear from the way his hand is held and the fingers that he has Something is his hand but from what I can (or cannot) see, it could be anything from a pen, pack of smokes. Doesn't look to me like a briefcase but with all the shadows I would be hard pressed to say what if anything he is holding.

good eyes!

I see something there too. They just got married why wouldn't he have that arm around her instead of holding whatever it is?

HLN just showed pix of the briefcase......to me it looks like a black samsonite type small suitcase.
Found by loggers.
EB now BIGAMY....we all knew that.

It is a briefcase a it looks very similar to the one found.

Attachments

• Briefcase.png
    Briefcase.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 60
i haven't seen the published picture of the case found. but it looks like a square black briefcase with expandle folds in each side. a black handle with gold or brass hardware

I do see now what could be a briefcase. Still wishing the area of the photo was not so dark. It could just as easily be the black car they are standing in front of. But at least I am closer to seeing what you are. There is something there.

ETA Okay, I have saved the photo and played with it in my photo software to adjust the contrast etc. I can now see the briefcase. It does appear very similar to the one that was found of Christy.

Really good eyes! I would never have seen that in a bazzillion years.

I do see now what could be a briefcase. Still wishing the area of the photo was not so dark. It could just as easily be the black car they are standing in front of. But at least I am closer to seeing what you are. There is something there.

ETA Okay, I have saved the photo and played with it in my photo software to adjust the contrast etc. I can now see the briefcase. It does appear very similar to the one that was found of Christy.

Really good eyes! I would never have seen that in a bazzillion years.

tl, can you post what you're seeing? I just posted over at HM that I only see what I took to be light coming through the wood fence behind them (and am now crouching and :truce:ing). I can see all of his pants leg, and her dress does not appear to be draped over or dimensionally disturbed by the case... kind of think those might be his sunglasses in his hand?

OK I will :truce: here too. And the news did get in touch with the tipster at HM who called in about this photo, and I will happily be mistaken on this if that is how it works out!

(ETA: I can see what people are looking at and describing as the briefcase, just can't make my brain see it--something about the dimensions/shadowing is not computing... Think I might stay over here for this one!)

To me, it looks like one of those briefcases they use in movies to transport the ransom money or drug money in. The fact that a moldy textile item was found with possible blood stains on it in a briefcase in woods close to a memorial site for Zahra Baker is just beyond strange. I can't think of ANY reason to dismember a body, transport it to various locations - some in trash bags, some apparently not, and at some point in this escapade, you think to put the bloody blanket in a made-for-the-movies briefcase. Ridiculous......

I totally agree with you on this. Someone could have dumped it later near the evidence site already associated with Zahra? Maybe the contents of the container (bag/brief case) were discovered some time after LE was involved and the person who dumped it wanted to get it out away from them as fast as possible, so they threw the (bag/case) in the same general area hoping that LE would think that it was just overlooked or not found in the original search.:waitasec: Hope there were fingerprints on the case.

I don't see a briefcase. Also, that is an unfortunate choice for a wedding gown IMO.

I see the briefcase with a gold colored handle. It appears to have hard sharp corners and not a soft sided case. If I'm correct I guess I can cancel the "Seeing Eye Dog" order. :great:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back