2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence

I'd agree with this if I thought Baez was a competent attorney. But he's not. It's more like he's trying to save his career that he banked on a defendant he thought to be innocent, or at least thought he could prove innocent and make big bucks off of at the same time. Now he's up sh** creek without a paddle, and is doing everything he can to salvage what is left of his career, if anything is left. I think Ms. Boss won't give him the out he wants, and I think people are backing away like the defense is a plague at this point, and he's just left with little to nothing to work with. He should have done harder work sooner, not assume that these experts that AL got on board would have something to exonerate Casey. He's done nothing, and has nothing to show for it. I don't and never will feel sorry for him or think he's doing his job. He is a black smear on the law profession, an embarrassment. He is reaping now what he sowed by having dollar signs in his eyes instead of really defending a client that needs a defense.

:yes:

Baez should have walked away when the DP charge was placed on her. His throught process was the state did that to remove me from defending this case...hogwash. If Baez had any integrity, he would have walked away long ago. I still believe he is trying to make statements about the sunshine laws than he is invested in defending this prisoner. He has no defense which is why we've seen the strategy of blame eveyone and their mothers as long as the fingers point away from ICA...this will definately come back and bite him hard...Karma is wonderful...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I'd agree with this if I thought Baez was a competent attorney. But he's not. It's more like he's trying to save his career that he banked on a defendant he thought to be innocent, or at least thought he could prove innocent and make big bucks off of at the same time. Now he's up sh** creek without a paddle, and is doing everything he can to salvage what is left of his career, if anything is left. I think Ms. Boss won't give him the out he wants, and I think people are backing away like the defense is a plague at this point, and he's just left with little to nothing to work with. He should have done harder work sooner, not assume that these experts that AL got on board would have something to exonerate Casey. He's done nothing, and has nothing to show for it. I don't and never will feel sorry for him or think he's doing his job. He is a black smear on the law profession, an embarrassment. He is reaping now what he sowed by having dollar signs in his eyes instead of really defending a client that needs a defense.

I agree with what you are saying but if I were a person who committed a serious crime I would want an attorney who looked under every rock, delayed my trial and pretty much upset applecarts to keep me from prison even though he knew I was guity as sin. His methods leave a lot to be desired but he's managed to delay this trial for almost three years and publicly announced that someone else put the body there. KC has nothing to complain about. Now you and I, we have a lot of problems with him. lol

Since Dr Lee's REPORT is moot and Baez states he won't be called on to testify..
1) Has Dr Lee been removed from the Defense Expert Witness List yet? Does he need to be removed?

I see Baez states Dr Freeman has been withdrawn.

Dr Leeson, is a consultant and will not be called as a Witness..Is he on the Defense Witness list?

In regards to Dr Spitz..how can "everything he will testify to has been furnished to the Prosecution" when he states his report is not yet complete?

Dr Logan :floorlaugh: well we haven't been able to reach him lately BUT he used to talk to us in the past..:floorlaugh: we think since he is a Nationally recognized chemist he must be too busy to return our multiple attempts to reach him. :floorlaugh:

When was Dr Rodriguez retained? Baez states recently?IMO.. I don't think so...

What Baez says in his motion is "it has not become necessary to call him [Dr Lee] as a witness."

This leaves the door open that it may [at some point in the future] become necessary to call him as a witness.

Either Baez needs to go back to 4th grade to learn how to construct a sentence, or he's fudging to avoid providing a report. Third option - HLee is also avoiding Baez.

I agree with what you are saying but if I were a person who committed a serious crime I would want an attorney who looked under every rock, delayed my trial and pretty much upset applecarts to keep me from prison even though he knew I was guity as sin. His methods leave a lot to be desired but he's managed to delay this trial for almost three years and publicly announced that someone else put the body there. KC has nothing to complain about. Now you and I, we have a lot of problems with him. lol

When you put it like that ITA! I also happen to believe ICA never has nor ever will take TRUE responsibility for what happened to Caylee-ever! Justice for Caylee will come from a decision made by the jury! Nothing I have read nor seen from ICA leads me to believe otherwise. Hence, all of the fishing and delaying. Justice for Caylee is not going to come via ICA feeling remorse and guilt and letting the world know what she did to that poor child. Justice for Caylee will come via an enraged Jury that will demand that ICA be held accountable. Jmo...:maddening:

What Baez says in his motion is "it has not become necessary to call him [Dr Lee] as a witness."

This leaves the door open that it may [at some point in the future] become necessary to call him as a witness.

Either Baez needs to go back to 4th grade to learn how to construct a sentence, or he's fudging to avoid providing a report. Third option - HLee is also avoiding Baez.

good point numbers

It's all in the wording...
bbm
Looking back at the motion..I agree..that may change in the future if and when it does become necessary to call him as witness.
And if Dr Lee is still on the Defense Witness List he can always be called on.

:yes:

Baez should have walked away when the DP charge was placed on her. His throught process was the state did that to remove me from defending this case...hogwash. If Baez had any integrity, he would have walked away long ago. I still believe he is trying to make statements about the sunshine laws than he is invested in defending this prisoner. He has no defense which is why we've seen the strategy of blame eveyone and their mothers as long as the fingers point away from ICA...this will definately come back and bite him hard...Karma is wonderful...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Exactly! By the time the DP was first announced, that should have been when he walked away. It is quite obvious he has no integrity, and likely never will.

I'd hope HHJBP would clearly remember the issues before trial regarding the expert witness list and disallow the defense to call Mr Lee, as a witness during the trial

I know Kathy Reichs is a member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciene and I bet Dr. Rodriguez is too. As Nore noted upthread, the annual meeting is the same week as JB will be unavailable. When he said a 'unique' opportunity, it is possible a number of his other experts will be attending the meeting too.

William C. Rodriguez III, Ph. D., is teaching 3 classes at the annual meeting.

http://www.aafs.org/sites/default/files/pdf/11AAFSAdvanceProgramRev01-13-11.pdf

Quote from: Originally Posted by Macushla [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6059002#post6059002"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
I know Kathy Reichs is a member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciene and I bet Dr. Rodriguez is too. As Nore noted upthread, the annual meeting is the same week as JB will be unavailable. When he said a 'unique' opportunity, it is possible a number of his other experts will be attending the meeting too.

[B said:
AZlawyer[/B];6061200]William C. Rodriguez III, Ph. D., is teaching 3 classes at the annual meeting.

http://www.aafs.org/sites/default/files/pdf/11AAFSAdvanceProgramRev01-13-11.pdf

NOW.....Can we all focus on that amazing :floorlaugh: commercial for a certain insurance company where a :great: specific "FLO", head-banded female :great:(substitute JOSE BAEZ) screeches out :rocker: "office party":rocker: as other insurance agents gather ........I'm :innocent: seeing the same behavior as JB saunters into the exhibit hall where I'm sure he's set up a booth!:banghead:

The Courts are not opened Saturday and Sunday so he wouldn't have to include the Weekend.

I never booked weekends as vacation time only weekdays..:)
...and I would imagine that Monday is a Federal holiday, right?

good point numbers

It's all in the wording...
bbm
Looking back at the motion..I agree..that may change in the future if and when it does become necessary to call him as witness.
And if Dr Lee is still on the Defense Witness List he can always be called on.
...but Not if he hasn't provided a report, correct?

HHJBP clearly stated an expert witness shall only be able to testify to what is written on their report. I would imagine if no report was given to the court pretrial..no testifying?

..kenneth furton and henry lee are also listed as presenting .

*nums----the presenting author index begins page 206.

:floorlaugh:

Soooooooo....... In less than 24 hours, us "bloggers" have managed to crack the secret code of the motion. All the info Baez hinted at but clearly did not want known is now plain as the nose on his face.

Oh, Jose, Jose, Jose..... Give it up, man. We're just *better* at this stuff than you are!

HHJBP clearly stated an expert witness shall only be able to testify to what is written on their report. I would imagine if no report was given to the court pretrial..no testifying?

It's only what was stated on a report or what is stated in deposition. So anything he may have said in a deposition with the state is fair game. But hasn't the state sofar been unable to schedule a deposition with Dr. Lee?

It's only what was stated on a report or what is stated in deposition. So anything he may have said in a deposition with the state is fair game. But hasn't the state sofar been unable to schedule a deposition with Dr. Lee?

Exactly, the state has been unable to get a deposition with H. Lee.

There was a pesky problem of the 8K Lee wanted first.

Not overly sure he rec'd that money. (Almost as though he was holding his deposition hostage until he was paid) Odd.

JAC has not paid him, I believe. Old Chinese saying, "No tickie, no laundry." Maybe the issue is Dr. Lee will not submit an itemized bill????

Yes, the good doctor had demanded payment before finding himself "available" to the SAO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back