2011.02.07 Pete Kampfer called Shawn a POI

The thing is -- IF (<-- see the big if?) he is covering for someone else, then the closer LE boxes him in and the more evidence they find, then I think he'll spill the beans.

He may have just been the clean up guy. If they give him a reason to bargain he may come clean.
His lawyer told him to Shut Up. Suddenly he decides to be cooperative? Not buying it. What is in it for him?

Eh, just another term, imo. Suspect, POI, Key... all the same. :D

I found this statement also interesting.

Regarding the naming of other people of interest, Kampfer said officials are following several leads, including two leads involving people. But, Kampfer said, identifying the other people whom investigators are looking into might result in those people fleeing or tampering with evidence. He said fear of potential retribution against the family by those named is a concern, as is the possibility someone might do something to harm Hailey or destroy evidence if they knew police were focusing on them.

When naming Adkins as a suspect, Kampfer said, law enforcement was aware of the potential risks. Sometimes, he added, watching how someone responds psychologically to being named a suspect can be very telling, and potentially could lead investigators to new evidence.

Law enforcement officials searched all weekend in Scurry County, scouring abandoned buildings and eliminating a lot of suspicious areas, he said.

"Eliminating possible locations and possible suspects is a big part of what we do," Kampfer said.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/31/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-provides-copy-ti/

:floorlaugh: :woohoo: :banghead: :truce: :great: Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. So now, SA has been down graded. I wonder if this is what happens when you work from a backwards moving point of intelligence collected point of view?

I don't know is this a day we should be listening/believing what PK says or not?

I don't know is this a day we should be listening/believing what PK says or not?

First we have to interpret it...I'm clueless there..don't speak the language AND he makes my head hurt...:crazy:..

Regarding the naming of other people of interest, Kampfer said officials are following several leads, including two leads involving people. But, Kampfer said, identifying the other people whom investigators are looking into might result in those people fleeing or tampering with evidence. He said fear of potential retribution against the family by those named is a concern, as is the possibility someone might do something to harm Hailey or destroy evidence if they knew police were focusing on them.

When naming Adkins as a suspect, Kampfer said, law enforcement was aware of the potential risks. Sometimes, he added, watching how someone responds psychologically to being named a suspect can be very telling, and potentially could lead investigators to new evidence.

Law enforcement officials searched all weekend in Scurry County, scouring abandoned buildings and eliminating a lot of suspicious areas, he said.

"Eliminating possible locations and possible suspects is a big part of what we do," Kampfer said.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/31/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-provides-copy-ti/

BBM

REALLY? Involving people? Thank goodness he clarified or I would have believed she was taken by UFO's. :ufo:

Well it has to be someone around there how else can they watch them and can they flee? So was he saying he named SA suspect to flush out the real perp? And if that is what he is saying how did we miss it?

Sometimes, he added, watching how someone responds psychologically to being named a suspect can be very telling, and potentially could lead investigators to new evidence.

Yeah. No way Im going down the tube with you. Maybe that reaction?

I'm with you Quiche. While the official statements in this case are often strangely worded, Kampfer has been referring to Shawn as a suspect and a POI interchangeably throughout. I think it's just jumping out at us more right now because of all the new talk about the mystery man, an identity attached to him, Billie and Shawn's back-to-back interviews yesterday, Clint's back-peddling (imo)... I don't think Shawn's been downgraded from a suspect based on this one statement. Kampfer's said that Shawn is one of several "persons of interest" being investigated; he's said this more than once after they officially named him a suspect.

Imo, Shawn did not act alone. I think he was the muscle in terms of cover-up, but not the brains behind it. I think two people are definitely involved and there could be others with smaller roles.

Based on everything I've seen, heard and read about the adults known to us in this case over the last two days, I would not be surprised at all if Hailey overdosed. Imo, she was living in a lifestyle that was filled with drug use every where she turned. I believe there was a lot of tension in the house and that Hailey was truly desperate to get out of that house and wasn't able to move in with Clint yet. I'm starting to wonder just how desperate she felt (and it breaks my heart). But, who knows, by tomorrow, there could be a whole new set of surprises and that opinion could change completely. Tiring. There is one truth; I hope it is revealed soon...

I think he does it on purpose. He doesnt want you to understand what is going on. I think he has a reason for that. If I were the perp I sure wouldnt know where I stood for sure. :rocker:

Maybe SA has watched too much (esp. those creepy, scarey ones),TV and wrote his own movie. Ya know...he's the leading role, lady's man, bad boy, plus the whole enchilada thingy. This is how he wants it to play out. Is he guilty, isn't he guilt, POI, #1 suspect, only suspect with no evidence, oh wait, we have some evidence!??? Sheesh, let's just get to the end of this craziness and find little Miss H. Someone's gotta crack soon and I'm hoping it's REAL soon.

I agree. Synonyms, and that's all it is.

And I don't think he is suddenly warming up to the FBI. I think he is getting a little too comfortable so the FBI encouraged him to come in and have a little chat, probably non-threatening, to make him put down his guard a little. And then they just let him talk - which he likes to do - and they are probably studying his every word as closely as we are.

Maybe SA has watched too much (esp. those creepy, scarey ones),TV and wrote his own movie. Ya know...he's the leading role, lady's man, bad boy, plus the whole enchilada thingy. This is how he wants it to play out. Is he guilty, isn't he guilt, POI, #1 suspect, only suspect with no evidence, oh wait, we have some evidence!??? Sheesh, let's just get to the end of this craziness and find little Miss H. Someone's gotta crack soon and I'm hoping it's REAL soon.

I've watched enough CSI to believe there really are people like that! He may be enjoying all the attention wherever he can get it, interviews, FBI, whatever. It sounds counter-intuitive, but many people like this enjoy being at the center and think they can fool everybody . . . up until the time the jail door closes on them.

This is an even day so I think we are supposed to listen on the even days but then again I haven't been really listening to him at all. I've been blowing around and in every direction with this case.....
:desert:

Well we know someone is going to the big house. Its a surprise. We dont know who yet.

The two terms have been used interchangeably with SA. Most PD never name a suspect and only use POI until an arrest is made. Effectively both terms mean the same thing according to every law expert I've heard questioned about this.

snip

I love this one. I think the term "person of interest" started following the
Richard Jewel debacle and really got going during the infamous Scott Peterson
murder investigation. Since then, the term has earned its place in the dictionary
of political correctness. Look...a suspect is a suspect, and a person of interest is a suspect. When it comes to the proper application of the Miranda Warning, that person of interest stuff won't cut any ice with a judge when you try to justify admissibility of evidence derived from accusatory questioning of a person of
interest without a Miranda Warning. Since suspects can fall under any number of
degrees of suspicion, someone came up with the person of interest thing. You
hear it now used regularly to fend off the press in high profile investigations.

http://www.careerpoliceofficer.com/PoliceLinks/miranda_warning.html

JMO..but once someone has been named a suspect..unless and until LE says otherwise they are a Suspect..but, POI and Suspect can and are often used interchangeably after someone is named A Suspect...Not usually the case the other way around..as in when someone is named a POI..that doesn't always mean suspect...If any of that makes any sense...

From that statement..it wouldn't surprise me if it was meant to shake the tree a bit..especially after SA spoke with LE again yesterday...<JMO..

Thanks PM. :seeya: It can also mean that a POI is just someone who LE would like to speak to, or have spoken to, who may have info about a case, possible witness. YES? Suspect is someone who LE believes may be involved with the crime.

Well it has to be someone around there how else can they watch them and can they flee? So was he saying he named SA suspect to flush out the real perp? And if that is what he is saying how did we miss it?

IDK. Maybe he called a family member to help him disposed of Haileys body?? :headache:

The two terms have been used interchangeably with SA. Most PD never name a suspect and only use POI until an arrest is made. Effectively both terms mean the same thing according to every law expert I've heard questioned about this.

snip

I love this one. I think the term "person of interest" started following the
Richard Jewel debacle and really got going during the infamous Scott Peterson
murder investigation. Since then, the term has earned its place in the dictionary
of political correctness. Look...a suspect is a suspect, and a person of interest is a suspect. When it comes to the proper application of the Miranda Warning, that person of interest stuff won't cut any ice with a judge when you try to justify admissibility of evidence derived from accusatory questioning of a person of
interest without a Miranda Warning. Since suspects can fall under any number of
degrees of suspicion, someone came up with the person of interest thing. You
hear it now used regularly to fend off the press in high profile investigations.

http://www.careerpoliceofficer.com/PoliceLinks/miranda_warning.html

Sorry Grams, I posted without reading your post. A friend of mine, her husband witnesses a woman, who was hit by a car, while riding her bike. Unfortunately the accident victim died a couple of days later. LE broadcasted this accident on the news and were looking for "POI" driving a red Pontiac Montana that was at the accident scene. He said Basically they were looking for him as a witness to the accident.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back