2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

North Carolina Statutes

http://www.ncsu.edu/police/Information/NCLaw.html
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Punishments[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Punishment for Felonies (14-1.1)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Class "A" - Death or life imprisonment [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Class "B" - Life imprisonment [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Murder in the First and Second Degree (14-17)[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]A murder which shall be perpetrated by ... poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated killing or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any arson, rape or sex offense, robbery, kidnapping, burglary, or other felony committed or attempted with the use of a deadly weapon, shall be ... murder in the first degree ... and shall be punished by death or life imprisonment ... except that any person ... under 17 years of age at the time of the murder shall be punished with imprisonment ... for life.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]All other kinds of murder, including that which shall be proximately caused by the unlawful distribution of opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or the preparation of opium ... cause the death of the user, shall be ... murder in the second degree and ... shall be punished as a Class C felony.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Classification: First Degree - Class A Felony (death or life imprisonment); Second Degree - Class B2 Felony (50 years, life imprisonment, fine, or both).[/FONT]

Exactly! So how is it AB is not charged as well????? Where in heck did he think little Zahra was? It is pretty clear that AB has lied and those lies did impede the investigation. I do not understand unless there will be another inditement issued.

*Wish it could be First Degree Murder, but at least she has now been charged!

I am confident that an indictment regarding AB is coming. I cannot see how one won't. We must remain as patient as we all have been...

There's much to be said for collective consciousness! =)

I'm so glad that life in prison is still on the table with EB's charges too. How EXTREMELY appropriate.

..indictment----

date of offense-------on or about september 24 2010 -----!!

Very interesting. She was supposedly seen at that furniture place on September 25th. I always thought something about that story seemed fishy.

North Carolina Statutes

http://www.ncsu.edu/police/Information/NCLaw.html
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Punishments[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Punishment for Felonies (14-1.1)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Class "A" - Death or life imprisonment [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Class "B" - Life imprisonment [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Murder in the First and Second Degree (14-17)[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]A murder which shall be perpetrated by ... poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated killing or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any arson, rape or sex offense, robbery, kidnapping, burglary, or other felony committed or attempted with the use of a deadly weapon, shall be ... murder in the first degree ... and shall be punished by death or life imprisonment ... except that any person ... under 17 years of age at the time of the murder shall be punished with imprisonment ... for life.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]All other kinds of murder, including that which shall be proximately caused by the unlawful distribution of opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or the preparation of opium ... cause the death of the user, shall be ... murder in the second degree and ... shall be punished as a Class C felony.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Classification: First Degree - Class A Felony (death or life imprisonment); Second Degree - Class B2 Felony (50 years, life imprisonment, fine, or both).[/FONT]

What is the average time served in NC regarding Life Imprisonment, before they are paroled?

I am confident that an indictment regarding AB is coming. I cannot see how one won't. We must remain as patient as we all have been...

I'm so glad that life in prison is still on the table with EB's charges too. How EXTREMELY appropriate.

I feel the same way, more is coming. I've been watching the whosinjail log almost every day waiting, I seem to look for 3 names.

Thank goodness the indictments have started. I also think the investigation is still ongoing and more information may come to light as Elisa's case progresses.

:great:

Well, I hope the grand jury is reviewing his involvement NOW.

Well well well, just woke up to this news. Yes, September 24 is interesting and lands Adam Baker well and truly in it, noticed a fair bit of deception in his 60 minutes interview (as in 'I would never do that to my child' as opposed to a simple denial) and that date just confirms that police feel the same way. Glad the case is finally moving along again.

Very interesting. She was supposedly seen at that furniture place on September 25th. I always thought something about that story seemed fishy.

Very interesting indeed. If the furniture store sighting is being excluded, what is the "on or about" date of 9/24 based on? :waitasec:

I agree with others, LE knows he's in the thick of it as well and it's just a matter of time before his cowardly involvement is exposed thru indictments.

It's hard to be patient, but the charges on Elisa are indeed welcome. It'll hold me over for awhile.

this last little stretch is dragging so slowly, but I really hope we'll have answers to TOD COD type questions very soon now that an indictment has been handed down.

Very interesting indeed. If the furniture store sighting is being excluded, what is the "on or about" date of 9/24 based on? :waitasec:

I'd venture to guess Elisa's statement and verified location ping records at the disposal sites RE: Elisa's cell phone.

Only thing I can come up with at the moment.

What I didn't get is it's almost 2 weeks prior to the 911 call and AB better have a good explanation for that period because I'm not buying a loss of memory. JMO

Thank the Lord now I wonder is Adam next? :woohoo:

Just a guess but I believe that there is a grand jury being seated for Adam, unless he has some kind of immunity deal. Doesnt look like they established COD.

Nice to see the ball rolling again for this little one-my hats off to LE and the DA for taking it slow and steady on this case.

Any link for live feed on press conference? TIA

I've got the link posted in this thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129242"]2011.02.21: HPD Press Conference, 3pm Feb 21, 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HLN getting ready to talk about Zahra again after a commercial break. The PC should be starting on there soon as well.

News conference:

Reading of the GJ indictment.

News conference:

No credible evidence that anyone else was involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back