2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

Oh man that autopsy report just kills me. so so sad :(

maybe we can hope that she will get a heart and tell LE where the rest of Zahra is. EB isnt going any where and only good can come from her telling the truth. Let Zahra rest in peace and give the family closure. Fess up to your crimes

Maybe Elisa doesn't know where the rest of Zahra's body is.

Maybe Elisa doesn't know where the rest of Zahra's body is.

Unless she doesnt want the skull found because it shows how Zahra died which would implicate her. Or perhaps someone did help with the disposal.

Sweet precious Zahra. We all promised you that justice was coming. Though I'd love to see a harsher charge, I understand the second degree charge. Rest easy, precious child.

Zahra, my gs was born sleeping this morning. Please watch over him, and give him all the love I had so wanted to. :blowkiss:

FaerieB, I said a prayer for your family and little Ethan...God Bless and Carry you through til the day the Lord brings you home to him.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is 6 pages long and I'm very short on time here.

What is the maximum sentence for 2nd degree murder conviction in that state please?

(I appreciate anyone who knows the answer or bumps the answer for me on this thread, again I am very sorry to come here and ask something that has been answered!)

I think 30 to 50 years. not sure as you say that discussion was pages and pages ago

Panthera just posted in the NG thread the max penalty is 30+ years.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, the thread is 6 pages long and I'm very short on time here.

What is the maximum sentence for 2nd degree murder conviction in that state please?

(I appreciate anyone who knows the answer or bumps the answer for me on this thread, again I am very sorry to come here and ask something that has been answered!)

On NG-15 years :steamed:

Oh good grief!

And that's without any mitigating factors (deemed mitigating by her defense attn's.) being taken into consideration.

Grrrr! Sorry but that chaps my behind!

Thank you TL and trigger for being patient enough to answer my question, I appreciate it so very much!

I think what the DA said was no credible evidence that anyone but EB was involved IN THE KILLING of Zahra. Now he did not say "only EB" was involved in the dismemberment.

Absolutely.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Adam Baker confessed very early in the investigation and the deal he has is that he co-operates with the police, then after EB is convicted he will be charged with and plead guilty to an agreed upon list of crimes he did do (chopping up a body and hiding a murder? child neglect? cheque frauds?) and in return he gets to go free until his trial and be transferred straight back to serve his time in an Australian prison and not be in an American prison for more than a month or two.

At this stage it just seems to be the explanation that is most consistent with him still being free while Elisa has been charged. If you turn your attention away from his every twitch or grimace, and to the deal that must have been cut, I think it all becomes clear. Especially since he's centering all his public relations effort around appealing to Australians rather than Americans.

I'm thinking, if it wasn't a plea deal for it not being first degree, is because.
Elisa said she didn't mean to kill her.
Such as I smacked her harder than I intended to, her head hit, whatever, and she died.
If Elisa said she strangled her until she died, or put a pillow over her head until she quit breathing, that would be first degree.
Such as in the Casey Anthony case, taping all air ways, will certainly lead to death.
These are IMO.

I guess it had to be a plea deal. I mean we're talking dismemberment! There's no way that doesn't earn the DP or at least murder one! I don't want this woman getting out on parole, and that is possible with murder in the second degree!

I suspect the general population can't wait to get their hands on her.

I just can't imagine a jury on the face of this planet that is going to say, well, she didn't mean to kill her, so dismembering the child is okay. That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't get why the DA is going soft here! I thought she negated her plea deal by lying anyway, wasn't that part of the deal? Wasn't it something like if she lied and was the only one who did this, it was negated? So why is it still on? I am so confused here.

Absolutely.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Adam Baker confessed very early in the investigation and the deal he has is that he co-operates with the police, then after EB is convicted he will be charged with and plead guilty to an agreed upon list of crimes he did do (chopping up a body and hiding a murder? child neglect? cheque frauds?) and in return he gets to go free until his trial and be transferred straight back to serve his time in an Australian prison and not be in an American prison for more than a month or two.

At this stage it just seems to be the explanation that is most consistent with him still being free while Elisa has been charged. If you turn your attention away from his every twitch or grimace, and to the deal that must have been cut, I think it all becomes clear. Especially since he's centering all his public relations effort around appealing to Australians rather than Americans.

I'm not sure about all of this but the part about Adam confessing to something early on makes some sense to me in light of how calm he has seemed in interviews. If he knows what the future holds for him, to some extent, it is probably pretty easy for him to get through these interviews. He knows she can't railroad him cause he's already railroaded himself, sold out...I have done a complete turn around on my feelings about him after that interview. I didn't sense one iota of true grief or guilt. Even if he didn't do one thing to poor Zahra any normal human being would feel tremendous guilt. No doubt in my mind. I don't know what he did but I'm damn sure he's responsible for something...even if just the cover up and the damned oblivion. Sorry for the O/T...

I'm thinking, if it wasn't a plea deal for it not being first degree, is because.
Elisa said she didn't mean to kill her.
Such as I smacked her harder than I intended to, her head hit, whatever, and she died.
If Elisa said she strangled her until she died, or put a pillow over her head until she quit breathing, that would be first degree.
Such as in the Casey Anthony case, taping all air ways, will certainly lead to death.
These are IMO.

Wouldn't that mean a manslaughter charge? Which is not what they've announced.

Panthera just posted in the NG thread the max penalty is 30+ years.

Sentencing can range from 8 to 30 years for 2nd degree murder in NC.

I really hope and pray a decent judge does the right thing and puts her away for the maximum, upon conviction.

:doh: I have to step away. You wonderful guys carry on without me. I have to go pray about this or I will get banned!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back