2011.02.27 - C.City Being Evacuated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospital is off of Chestnut St too. To the south of their house. The Dairy Queen is close as well.

Do the locals know if BJD and SA are outta there? I know you have your own worries to tend to, but leaving these 2 out of sight also equates to a great opportunity for them to flee - KWIM. LE's band of 6 has too much to contend with right now.

Hugs and strength to all.

Mel

Jiminy Crickets. Prayers for everyone. We had rain here, and winds, always winds. Hearing about the fires today reminds of my days of living in Orange County, California.

How far is all this happening from where Clint is living?

OH this poor town...they have gone through so much:(

please, someone be keeping an eye on the whereabouts of SA.... and BD

Evacuations ordered as wildfire threats rage
© 2011 The Associated Press
Feb. 27, 2011, 9:14PM

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One firefighter suffered second-degree burns fighting a blaze near Colorado City, about 240 miles west of Dallas, but no other injuries were immediately reported. The fires were threatening small towns in parts of West Texas, the Texas Panhandle and the southern plains, and evacuations were ordered in at least two towns.

..........................................................................................

No homes were reported burned in that fire, but the Texas Department of Public Safety closed Interstate 20 near Colorado City because of heavy smoke. The smoke has caused several vehicle crashes in that area, DPS Trooper Sparky Dean said.

The blaze that injured the firefighter near Colorado City destroyed three large oil storage tanks, two homes and an outbuilding as it scorched 800 acres. A 30-acre fire in neighboring Howard County destroyed four homes

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7448978.html

co-ink-i-dink indeed! I bet the GJ will be unable to take this case tomorrow as well. I don't have a link but SA said something to BD when he threatened, that it would be remembered for a very long time?

I say,"O~snap!"it's a conspiracy! Maybe I should think like Winnie the Pooh and say..."oh bother" no way this is connected!

The timing is uncanny!
Where are BD AND SA? If they slip away, well
come to think of it... :waitasec: I have thought they would run all along. So I wouldn't be surprised

MOO :cow:

snipped from BCHP:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=347076

Sunday, 8:05 p.m. Update:

Texas DPS just released the following statement concerning the closure of Interstate 20:

Interstate 20 is closed at this time at mile post 219, Colorado City in Mitchell County because of the heavy amount of smoke crossing the interstate. The smoke has caused several crashes in that area.

At present, there are several fires located around the Big Country. The most problematic area for travelers is the one located in Mitchell County near Colorado City, Texas.

Prayers for all those afffected by the fires. :(

I must admit, when I first read about the outbreak a couple of hours ago, my first thought was "Well, it's finally happened. BD's pants caught fire!"

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members