2011.03.02 Cindy Anthony's Testimony

Every time I hear Cindy's blatant manipulation and truth twisting, I can't help but think about how difficult she must have been to live with. I can understand why Casey hated her. But to take it out on an innocent child is even more grotesque than Cindy's malignant subterfuge.

Cindy is the one that demanded Casey be arrested for stealing. I can just hear her. Then she has the titanic nerve to turn around and act like the cops cuffed Casey and arrested her for Caylee's disappearance ASA they got to the house. That is a bunch of you know what.

Seriously, I feel that Cindy needs to be held legally accountable for lying on the stand. Why are the Anthony's allowed to make such a mockery of the American Justice system without facing repercusion?

Every time I hear Cindy's blatant manipulation and truth twisting, I can't help but think about how difficult she must have been to live with. I can understand why Casey hated her. But to take it out on an innocent child is even more grotesque than Cindy's malignant subterfuge.

Cindy is the one that demanded Casey be arrested for stealing. I can just hear her. Then she has the titanic nerve to turn around and act like the cops cuffed Casey and arrested her for Caylee's disappearance ASA they got to the house. That is a bunch of you know what.

Seriously, I feel that Cindy needs to be held legally accountable for lying on the stand. Why are the Anthony's allowed to make such a mockery of the American Justice system without facing repercusion?

ITA! I have said it before and will probably say it several more times: If the SA doesn't go after the A's, one or all of them, for lieing, tampering, obstruction, SOMETHING, they will sending the message that it is okay to act like this to protect a love one and you can get away with hampering a murder investigation. I have a feeling this case is going to set a few legal precedents. MOO.

I really don't see how Cindy or George Anthony are going to make it through this trial without perjury charges AND contempt of court charges. The issues being dealt with in these hearings are minimal compared to what they are going to be asked at trial.

I don't think that George and Cindy's lies are being overlooked at all... they just have a bigger fish to fry right now.

I don't know that they will be charged with anything, the sheer expense of the trial so far and a backed up over burdened court system will see to that.

When you think about it what is left for these people? They were less than great parents and missed every indicator Casey needed a mental health evaluation, they have a psychopathic daughter who allegedly killed their granddaughter, ran them into huge debt, they are jobless, broke nearly homeless and their reputation is utterly destroyed in trying to save their worthless offspring.

I don't feel sorry for them but I think karma is doing a fine job without taking them to court.

How can we forget CA's heart warming story about the gas cans.
CA........KC, someone broke into the shed and took the gas cans

KC........mom, I took the gas cans, I didn't want to put Caylee in danger in the event I ran out of gas

CA........okay sweetheart, did you tell your father

KC.......not yet mom

KC to Dad.......Here's your f.....in gas cans

How can we forget CA's heart warming story about the gas cans.
CA........KC, someone broke into the shed and took the gas cans

KC........mom, I took the gas cans, I didn't want to put Caylee in danger in the event I ran out of gas

CA........okay sweetheart, did you tell your father

KC.......not yet mom

KC to Dad.......Here's your f.....in gas cans

I should have mentioned the end of this heartwarming story came from Ga

I don't know that they will be charged with anything, the sheer expense of the trial so far and a backed up over burdened court system will see to that.

When you think about it what is left for these people? They were less than great parents and missed every indicator Casey needed a mental health evaluation, they have a psychopathic daughter who allegedly killed their granddaughter, ran them into huge debt, they are jobless, broke nearly homeless and their reputation is utterly destroyed in trying to save their worthless offspring.

I don't feel sorry for them but I think karma is doing a fine job without taking them to court.

IMO I'm not really content to let karma handle people who break the law. They need to be dealt with by our justice system as well. They've done much more (IMO) than raise a daughter poorly. What are laws worth if they are applied selectively? Letting them skate is a terrible precedent for other parents whose children commit crimes.

Broke and homeless? I don't think they're broke by a long shot and they have a decent home in a decent neighborhood (their mortgage is less than 1/2 what I pay for a small apartment), really nice cars, etc.

(This may be a rumor but I read on a reputable site that the A's have a big network interview scheduled for the 22nd of this month. I don't know that it's true, but if it is, I'm sure there's a pretty penny to be made.)

I do hope the judge keeps them in the hall, subject to recall after their initial testimony, throughout the entire trial. It's not fair to Caylee or her "agents", the prosecution, to have their nonsense and distraction littering up the courtroom.

All JMO.

IMO I'm not really content to let karma handle people who break the law. They need to be dealt with by our justice system as well. They've done much more (IMO) than raise a daughter poorly. What are laws worth if they are applied selectively? Letting them skate is a terrible precedent for other parents whose children commit crimes.

Broke and homeless? I don't think they're broke by a long shot and they have a decent home in a decent neighborhood (their mortgage is less than 1/2 what I pay for a small apartment), really nice cars, etc.

(This may be a rumor but I read on a reputable site that the A's have a big network interview scheduled for the 22nd of this month. I don't know that it's true, but if it is, I'm sure there's a pretty penny to be made.)

I do hope the judge keeps them in the hall, subject to recall after their initial testimony, throughout the entire trial. It's not fair to Caylee or her "agents", the prosecution, to have their nonsense and distraction littering up the courtroom.

All JMO.

Who is content with them skirting the law? no one, all the same I am sure this is what will happen. As to their up and coming interview, I think some WS eyes and ears in the court overheard that one, way to go Websleuths. I agree that the Anthonys being the people they are, are still trying to wring a buck out of all this, tarnish the jury pool and up their credibility by giving interviews to any foolish enough to pay them. I would like them to have consequences...I'm just saying they are unlikely to be legal ones.

I think you are giving Casey a lot of credit. I don't even believe she "cried". It was an act. A calculated move in hopes to manipulate mom and the situation. Just like in those jail visit videos "Hi mom. *swipes eyes* ...well, I lasted a minute.". But mom is not one to be outdone or manipulated since she herself uses the same tactic. Of course, not long after the "tears" Casey ended up angry because mom doesn't know when to zip it or how to stick to a script. :twocents:

But I do agree that they hate each other and how Casey likely blames Cindy for where she is.

Check out Dr. Glass' interpretation of ICA "crying", in my sig below

Personally, I just keep waiting for the As to "get what they deserve"....but this morning it occurred to me that they already have. Their precious grandchild is gone forever, and they will forever have to think about that. Regardless of how they present to the world that their daughter didn't do it....late and night, when all is quiet.....their heart knows the truth even if they can never say it out loud.

Don't the A's have to be very careful what they say in interviews? I mean, they are state witnesses for a very serious crime. Shame on any media outlet that would encourage them to give an interview about their testimony.

GA and Ca do damage with their less than truthful mouths but I understand they can make any remarks they choose as the remarks are not made under oath so they are considered opinions.

I feel very bad for the Anthonys, I can't help it. They are demented, damaged people.

Can someone please tell me if Casey has ever looked her parents in the eye and shared any unspoken communication? I know that she briefly got emotional when her mom took the stand, but did they lock eyes? Was Casey looking at her mother when she was leaving the stand, glaring at her?

She got all giddy and gushy and openly smiled at Lee when he went on, but what about her parents??

She continues to diss her parents, even to this day. Don't get me wrong, they have handled this whole situation horribly -- but I am completely dumbfounded over her complete lack of connection with her own parents. This is so much more than anger and bitterness -- it's a total disconnect. For me, it's one of the most unsettling aspects of watching this.

Funny because when my dog does doodies on my rug...she won't look me in the eye. I think the same thing would apply here. jmo

Funny because when my dog does doodies on my rug...she won't look me in the eye. I think the same thing would apply here. jmo

Lambchop - you do very consistently have a way........:whoosh: :skip:

I have a pug who thinks indoor plumbing is the next best thing---however my golden is golden--poor dear is going blind but would still try to get me to still love her,accidents happen. But the pug is smug---let's just say that bissel chose the right breed for their spot machine(thankfully pug doesn't gave opps regularly but

Don't the A's have to be very careful what they say in interviews? I mean, they are state witnesses for a very serious crime. Shame on any media outlet that would encourage them to give an interview about their testimony.

ITA. I just commented on another thread they're probably hoping JB makes his decision on sequestration before they do their next cameo. I hope he takes his sweet old time.

Now things are getting interesting.

LDB did an excellent job of pointing out that CA said she heard Yuri interviewing KC and that he was at times intimidating but the real resolution to that will be listening to the tape itself.

Also, never knew that KC told Sgt. Hosey (sp?) that there was nothing wrong and Caylee was fine and that her mother was just making trouble, this after returning from pointing out Sawgrass as the last place she saw KC.

But what I like now is the fact that the truth is going to come out and the lies will be shown, not all of them, but a good portion, e.g. CA saying Yuri was intimidating. He could not have been nicer or more professional in the first interview.

There is going to be a penalty phase, imo. And if CA wants anyone to take her seriously, she should stop the lying now. The judge is listening to everything.

I have to give her some credit. CA has come a looooooooooooong way from her out-of-control confrontational Morgan & Morgan "Cindy's Gone Wild" Days.

"go ahead Mr. Morgan, and be an a$$ on the thing"
:behind:
:giggle:

Im sure she was on at least 5 meds du jour this week but the relatively-calm-and-sedated-i-just-got-run-over-by-a-truck look is working for her. Her lies upon lies :liar: seemed somehow more palatable when she wasnt trying to ram them down someone's throat with her water bottle.
:furious:

Anger is a stage of grief, and she seems to have perhaps moved beyond it. So kudos to her for that, as that puts her miles ahead of *ahem* :dramaqueen: GA.

It was a surprise to Cindy, to learn that the conversation between KC and Det Melich in the bedroom of the home, was tape recorded!
After Cindy gave (false) testimony that she could hear the questioning, and that Melich got intimidating with her in his tone of voice and demanding of her.
LDBurdick informed Cindy (on the witness stand) that this conversation was tape recorded (so the Judge and jurors can hear Melich's calm tone of voice).

http://www.wftv.com/video/27052848/index.html
Part One - March 2, 2011 Hearing
Cindy Anthony on the witness stand, being questioned by Mason

(7:17) after she was brought back in the house, did any detectives show up?
Cindy - yes, Det Yuri Melich showed up when she was taken back in house - Cindy knows him to be the Lead Detective on the case
(7:50) Melich sequestered her in back bedroom and asked questions - at least an hour - other deputies there in and around the house and patrol cars
(8:12) Cindy could hear Melich questioning KC - heard tone of voice - Melich he began in normal tone at times he did get kind of intimidating, I would say, or demanding of her

http://www.wftv.com/video/27053227/index.html
Part Two
Cindy Anthony on the witness stand being questioned by LDBurdick

(7:29) Burdick - but not a long time when Melich showed up at 3:51am
you said you saw Yuri Melich go into a back bedroom - guest bedroom
Cindy - yes used to be my son's bedroom
Burdick - with computer - door left open - Cindy could hear conv between Melich and KC -
Cindy - I was sitting in reclining chair right in the hallway before bedroom
Burdick - are you aware this conversation was tape recorded
Cindy was not aware tape recorded -
are you aware now? - Cindy - not aware unless you are telling me that
Burdick - so you have not had the opportunity to listen to the tape recording of conversation in bedroom of your home between your daughter and DetMelich
Cindy - no not listen to recording of conv in bedroom between KC and Melich

Cindy - I avoid things like that

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff